Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XXIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

mariel
Lorien

Nov 9 2014, 2:31pm

Post #51 of 211 (603 views)
Shortcut
     Nice! [In reply to]  

The artists are coming up with some really nice stuff at the moment.

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 6:11pm

Post #52 of 211 (602 views)
Shortcut
     I don't think there is any angle, emotion, lightening etc. in which our Elven King doesn't look amazingly beautiful and stunning! [In reply to]  

I know I should be scared by his display of incredible anger, but all I did was nearly faint (and that wasn't because of a huge surge of fear, as would be the proper respons) Angelic That Elf is going to get me killed december 10th!! And you know what? It will be the most beautiful ending a fangirl could wish for EvilHeart

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 6:21pm

Post #53 of 211 (591 views)
Shortcut
     LOL you upgraded the CoE comic [In reply to]  

That's cool and I'm glad I was your source of inspiration to start it off! Cool
Hihi re 'Just send updates' and then he walks off. Nah the Fellowship would have failed greatly if Thranduil had been part of it for he simply wouldn't have tolerated any of the members and would've gone straight ahead after leaving Rivendell to return to his magnificent Halls.

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 6:22pm

Post #54 of 211 (587 views)
Shortcut
     Oe me like [In reply to]  

The anger and the splash of blood on his cheek. To have so much expression in those eyes Heart

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 6:29pm

Post #55 of 211 (591 views)
Shortcut
     What a great parental example that Thranduil is [In reply to]  

Great find btw, I hadn't seen this one before Sly

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 6:53pm

Post #56 of 211 (585 views)
Shortcut
     Woodland Weekend reply [In reply to]  

*Noooooo I accidentally clicked the 'close' button and lost half of my reply *sobs**

Ok let's start fresh then.
Thanks again for the lovely WW you put up!

Yesssss stunning!
http://enfantdivine.tumblr.com/post/101021865209

Wow what a lovely edit of the famous 'Long will I tarry..' line. Perhaps could make a good future OP? Heart
http://thranduil-aran.tumblr.com/post/101394690073

Never in my wildest dreams would I ever have seen LOTR Leggy do this Laugh
http://bellevox.tumblr.com/post/100598968263

You know what, some of these do actually resemble the current Hobbit cast quite a bit (Gandalf, ok without the crazy eyebrows, Bilbo). But LOL at Thranduil, but the cartoon artist weren't really to blame back then. Who would ever been able to imagine the Elven King to be such a natural beauty? Regal, majestic, extremely fabulous, fierce, dangerous, just a true Silmaril on his own Heart
http://vorpy-chan.tumblr.com/...parison-i-especially

LOL I could actually see him thinking these thoughts
http://tinnuriel.tumblr.com/...what-do-i-do-tonight

HCF: *SQUEEE!!* YES YES!!
http://krclara.tumblr.com/post/99195056108

Ok I know there is a general HTR alert for all of these piccies, but this one probably needed an extra warning *THUD* Heart
http://larygo.tumblr.com/post/101256089971/x

And I like pretty much every pic/gif of LP you posted! Smile

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 6:59pm

Post #57 of 211 (578 views)
Shortcut
     You know it [In reply to]  

In Reply To
That robe is begging to get untied and slipped down his shoulders ;)

Hehe my thoughts exactly! Wink

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 7:11pm

Post #58 of 211 (582 views)
Shortcut
     I second that [In reply to]  

In Reply To
That was a great response, thank you Eruvandi. Smile

Agree with you Kerewyn, thanks for your repsons Eruvandi.
And this I didn't know:

In Reply To

He wasn't happy, sure, but LP himself was saying to Andy Serkis that his attitude at that point was basically, "If she wants to go on a futile mission on her own, so be it. Not my problem anymore."

This sure got me puzzled as well Crazy

In Reply To
There seems to be a bizarre this notion going around that Thranduil might kill Tauriel – I don’t know why people are coming up with that one! (even me at my vaguest couldn’t go that far). Who started it? It makes no sense, as well as being unthinkable. Mad I think the scene will be a far smaller moment, yet significant in the relationship of these characters.

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 7:32pm

Post #59 of 211 (590 views)
Shortcut
     Those eyes, bright and blue. Waiting for you to come out and play [In reply to]  

And little Leggy playing wit his dad? Laugh

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 7:35pm

Post #60 of 211 (587 views)
Shortcut
     Never thought I would like the colour purple [In reply to]  

In Reply To

VValar
Gondor

Nov 9 2014, 7:36pm

Post #61 of 211 (581 views)
Shortcut
     This make science cool again [In reply to]  

THIS

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:03am

Post #62 of 211 (578 views)
Shortcut
     *SQUEE* LOVELY multi-frame fan edit of deleted Thranduil+Legolas scene! [HTR] [In reply to]  

PRECIOUS!

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XXIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:05am

Post #63 of 211 (549 views)
Shortcut
     Cool! [In reply to]  

As long it's readable to othersSmile... I have the source after allCool

In Reply To
I noticed a few rumblings on tumblr about a change of format, but since I've never posted anything there [and nor am I likely to] I don't really know what it is all about

Can't understand it myself. So far, I'm not noticing it alot, but some images do look sort of squished or too wide when viewed on tumblr. Anyway... on with our appreciation of Thranduil!HeartSmile

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XXIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:08am

Post #64 of 211 (552 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
BTW. noticed poor old Bubba seems to have gained a few scars on his nose in the new trailer compared to how he was in the prologue of AUJ

Eruvandi mentioned it. And I did notice. I guess he got a few knicks in the Dale skirmish.Unsure Wonder what was he and Thranduil up against. I don't think the garden-variety orcs could even get near enough. Or maybe arrows or spears? Gah... December, wherefore art thou???Crazy

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:10am

Post #65 of 211 (557 views)
Shortcut
     The Valar's own truth! [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:11am

Post #66 of 211 (553 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah [In reply to]  

Smile still, I find it tends to be the usual suspects I go

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:14am

Post #67 of 211 (554 views)
Shortcut
     *heheh* Well, Thranduil [In reply to]  

might travel with them until he got home. That was Legolas' plan originally too. But, I don't think all those problems with route-planning between Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Gimli would have happened if he was... TongueLaugh

And it was a great idea, so thanks for planting the inspirationLaughCrazyTongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:16am

Post #68 of 211 (560 views)
Shortcut
     Another one [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:17am

Post #69 of 211 (552 views)
Shortcut
     HEE... gotta start young [In reply to]  

Thranduil definitely is an example to follow HeartAngelic

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:23am

Post #70 of 211 (554 views)
Shortcut
     Reply to reply [In reply to]  

In Reply To
*Noooooo I accidentally clicked the 'close' button and lost half of my reply *sobs**

Ouch! So sorry to hear that.

In Reply To
Thanks again for the lovely WW you put up!

Welcome!

In Reply To
Wow what a lovely edit of the famous 'Long will I tarry..' line. Perhaps could make a good future OP? Heart
http://thranduil-aran.tumblr.com/post/101394690073

Fer shure!Heart

In Reply To
You know what, some of these do actually resemble the current Hobbit cast quite a bit (Gandalf, ok without the crazy eyebrows, Bilbo). But LOL at Thranduil, but the cartoon artist weren't really to blame back then. Who would ever been able to imagine the Elven King to be such a natural beauty? Regal, majestic, extremely fabulous, fierce, dangerous, just a true Silmaril on his own Heart
http://vorpy-chan.tumblr.com/...parison-i-especially

I have no solid memory of the animation but really, what on earth possessed them to make Thranduil look so different from Elrond?? Did they even read the book?Crazy

Re highlighted, oh boy, I can just imagine Thranduil replying in that voice of his: "No, you are right. They could not." LaughAngelicTongue

And so apt! He is a Silmaril Heart

In Reply To
Ok I know there is a general HTR alert for all of these piccies, but this one probably needed an extra warning *THUD* Heart
http://larygo.tumblr.com/post/101256089971/x

I will try to remember additional HTR Evil

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:25am

Post #71 of 211 (554 views)
Shortcut
     Is it purple? [In reply to]  

I rather thought it was lighting. Because in the BTS images that Tinne shared, it looked really dark grey and silvery. But whatever the colour... GORGEOUS!Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:25am

Post #72 of 211 (549 views)
Shortcut
     It does! [In reply to]  

Would have been easier to remember that darn table too Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:37am

Post #73 of 211 (565 views)
Shortcut
     GIFs of Thranduil's soliloquy in the orc interrogation scene [In reply to]  

MesmerisingHeartHeartHeart If only there was audio as wellHeart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:40am

Post #74 of 211 (563 views)
Shortcut
     How about some Thranduil in falling snow [In reply to]  

WARRIOR FIERCE!Heart (Clicky for the soft dusting of snow)

... might look a bit more like rain thoughEvil

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 10 2014, 2:41am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 2:48am

Post #75 of 211 (574 views)
Shortcut
     LP on Thranduil aka I guess I was on the right track *snerk* [In reply to]  

”I wanted to give him a very impressive appearance. Meaning it was necessary that one feels immediately that when he says something, people listen and obey immediately. Thranduil did not need to argue. He does not seek anyone’s approval. And if we resist it, then it’s a problem that is quickly resolved in his favor!” - Lee Pace
Well, he's done it, hasn't he?Heart

I hope I captured a bit of his awesomely impressive magnificence in the stripEvilLaugh

Threadcount: XXIII

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.