Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XVIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 2:48am

Post #151 of 204 (1306 views)
Shortcut
     It's the truth! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
"Thranduil saves the day!"Angelic

Heart
If Thranduil and his army hadn't been there, it would have turned out badly for Men and the Hirsute of Erebor. Yes, the Eagles and Beorn bailed everyone out at the end, but they wouldn't have been able to help if the Elves weren't there to keep the others alive until they arrived fashionably late to the party.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 2:50am

Post #152 of 204 (1332 views)
Shortcut
     You know it's true! [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I'm feeling this more than the image from the mug.
Just look at how relaxed his reverse grip looks. Like it's no biggy at all the swing those long, deadly swords around.

*sigh* Love his stance and oh, those swords!

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 2:51am

Post #153 of 204 (1338 views)
Shortcut
     *sigh* [In reply to]  

Yes. I hope it's just a remnant of DOS carve out time for Tauriel directive and not an indication of BotFAMad

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 2:52am

Post #154 of 204 (1315 views)
Shortcut
     *THUD THUD* [In reply to]  

oh my... loving these!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 2:53am

Post #155 of 204 (1311 views)
Shortcut
     Just for a bit [In reply to]  

before their self-cleaning feature kicks inEvil and they're pristine again while everyone else just gets grubbier and grubbier

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 2:56am

Post #156 of 204 (1331 views)
Shortcut
     AWWW [In reply to]  

In Reply To

So sweet!

In Reply To
Again *swoon* They seem to be an awesome fan inspired subject as well don't they?

Yes!!!Heart

In Reply To
That's a cool view of Leggy wearing a crown inspired by Thranduil's. I wonder what kind of headpiece he would wear as 'lord of Ithilien'? Same one he's wearing on Aragorn's corronation (which was beautiful imo).

I think Leggy would be suitably advised and garbed by the royal couturier, or an able graduate of the royal couturier schoolSmile

=======

mariel
Fantastic Four

Oct 17 2014, 8:48am

Post #157 of 204 (1307 views)
Shortcut
     Not so far [In reply to]  

Re your PS. Very frustrating.

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 12:36pm

Post #158 of 204 (1316 views)
Shortcut
     Addendum [In reply to]  

In Reply To
Thanks but I'm afraid I just paid close attention during Bio class in Highschool back in the day (always was a fav class of mine) Smile Plus there are a couple of MD's in the family so I'm sure to google my info thouroughly before entering any medical related conversation (believe me I learned that the hard way).

So of course my response to this bit went missing... just not sure if it did before it got on the screen or while en-route from brain to responseLaughCrazy

Anyway! Meant to say, COOL! And I know what you mean. Though my brain apparently has no long-term capacity for them terms. I read, turn around and just have conversations that go like
Me: ... you know that blehblehblehbleh
Sis aka the educated one: Oh, you mean XYZABC... yeah
Me: Yeah, exactly, so yadayadayada
Sis: True...whatever whatever... so XYZABC...
Me: What?
Sis: The thing you said.
Me: Huh? Oh...
Blush

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Oct 17 2014, 12:36pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 12:42pm

Post #159 of 204 (1303 views)
Shortcut
     Another facemerge art: Thranduil and Garrett [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 12:43pm

Post #160 of 204 (1326 views)
Shortcut
     Calm after the Frenzy [In reply to]  

Suddenly, eh? While we wait for the trailer and the EE...

=======

mariel
Fantastic Four

Oct 17 2014, 12:52pm

Post #161 of 204 (1317 views)
Shortcut
     Just beat me to it. [In reply to]  

The black and white version

Maivolchica doing her thing again Laugh

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 12:54pm

Post #162 of 204 (1327 views)
Shortcut
     Large res versions! And Leggy note [In reply to]  

Holding Orcrist. Clicky for it and the large res ones of ThranduilHeart Tauriel too.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 12:55pm

Post #163 of 204 (1271 views)
Shortcut
     Hee [In reply to]  

Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Wakandian

Oct 17 2014, 12:57pm

Post #164 of 204 (1318 views)
Shortcut
     You know it had to happen: Thranduil and that disagreeable dwarf. Wallpaper quality [In reply to]  

=======

mariel
Fantastic Four

Oct 17 2014, 1:04pm

Post #165 of 204 (1309 views)
Shortcut
     Great pics [In reply to]  

Our favourite photoshopper strikes again! Kudos to her.

Eruvandi
Justice League

Oct 17 2014, 2:18pm

Post #166 of 204 (1291 views)
Shortcut
     I haven't seen any advertisements... [In reply to]  

...but I'm sure it'll be available before too long. I've got it on my Christmas list anyway.Angelic

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 10:38pm

Post #167 of 204 (1276 views)
Shortcut
     Hmm weird [In reply to]  

It's not the first time it bothers me either. I hope I won't have these problems too often.

Let's see if these next images will work accordingly

Clicky's btw, ever since I found out how to make them.

If your ears aren't pointy, you're doing it wrong.

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 10:40pm

Post #168 of 204 (1258 views)
Shortcut
     Another edit [In reply to]  

Heart I like the ominous feeling the pic is radiating.

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 10:47pm

Post #169 of 204 (1263 views)
Shortcut
     That's what I am hoping too [In reply to]  

I hope your theory will prove right. But, as seems to be the answer for a lot of questions these days, we will have to wait and see until december.

Still no trailer rating on alberta too. I'm really starting to wonder when they'll release the trailer. Would they be so evil as to release it in the very last week of October?

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 10:57pm

Post #170 of 204 (1277 views)
Shortcut
     A small Elven poem [In reply to]  

Provided by grumpy Elrond on twitter. But I guess it could very well be something Thranduil would say

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm an immortal
Sucks to be you

Shocked

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 11:06pm

Post #171 of 204 (1256 views)
Shortcut
     Royal coutier advice [In reply to]  

In Reply To
I think Leggy would be suitably advised and garbed by the royal couturier, or an able graduate of the royal couturier schoolSmile

Lol it seems you're right.
It appears he is in sync with his father's style in the first (and sadly only) Ithilien shots

This looking a lot like Thranduil's silvery robe

http://www.collecttolkien.com/...%20Legolas%20100.jpg

(This post was edited by VValar on Oct 17 2014, 11:12pm)

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 11:17pm

Post #172 of 204 (1282 views)
Shortcut
     Leggy looking fierce [In reply to]  

Resembles his dad much this way. You know what might even be better than seeing Thranduil fight? Seeing him fight alongside with his son Heart Elven badassery all over the place!!

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 11:25pm

Post #173 of 204 (1265 views)
Shortcut
     Emm I will do my best [In reply to]  

I'm loving the King. Not so sure if I can keep calm though...

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 11:28pm

Post #174 of 204 (1231 views)
Shortcut
     LOL exactly! [In reply to]  

Sometimes I really wonder if we're on the same page as our siblings Laugh

(This post was edited by VValar on Oct 17 2014, 11:29pm)

VValar
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oct 17 2014, 11:30pm

Post #175 of 204 (1260 views)
Shortcut
     Cool BOFA drawing [In reply to]  

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.