First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 8 2014, 2:16am

Post #1 of 230 (31114 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part XII  

The TAXII ride continuesHeartAngelic

Any and all appreciation of HeartThranduil and everything related to him happens here.
All HeartThranduil Thralls, and appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile So feel free to jump in at any time!

(Clicky!fanart)

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:
I (Originating thread and II by Rowan Greene)
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII (Thread by Eruvandi)
VIII
IX
X
XI

Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker.

Thranduil Appreciation Lexicon
Tongue

• Bubba: Nickname of Thranduil's beloved War-Elk
  • Equal Opportunistic Thrall: One who thralls whom her/his infidelity fancies. Shamelessly multi-allegiance by nature. See also "Thranduil Thralls"
  • Elvenking, The: That's right, that's how it's supposed to be written
  • Facemelt: That thing Thranduil does in T&T
  • Fanart: Popular post subject/title. Beacon for Thralls, as sure as moths dive into flames. (Helpful reference for the threadlard inspired: "The TA (very) Quickie Help/TIPS for adding IMAGES and POSTING") See also "Pretty!"
  • GotG: Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie in August 2014 with LP in it
  • HCF: Halt and Catch Fire. LP's 2014 TV series.
  • LA: The Last Alliance of Elves and Men, not the city in the States
  • Lee Pace: Thranduil
  • Leggy: affectionate diminutive of Legolas
  • Legolas: Son of Thranduil, aka surfer Elf of LotR
  • LP: Lee Pace
  • Oropher: Father of Thranduil
  • Orry/Oro: affectionate diminutive of Oropher
  • PD: Pushing Daisies. LP's 2007/2008 TV series.
  • Peckish Thrall: Avandel's TA humour panels ala Peckish Owl (So this is new, sue me. I'm just pre-emptively perpetuating something that's an eventuality Angelic)
  • Pretty!: Surely self-explanatory? See also "Woodland Weekend"
  • T&T: The Thranduil and Thorin confrontation scene in DOS. Generally ranked top favourite of Thranduil Thralls
  • TA: Thranduil Appreciation. All-round Heart for the Elvenking and his onscreen avatar (and by extension teh actor. See also LP). Shockingly, there are TA posts with that literary bent associated with thinking individuals frequenting such an exemplary forum as TORn. Some even hint at functional brain-matter in the poster.
  • That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf: See "T&T"
  • Theory of Bling: Overarching term for theories and speculation on the backstories of Thranduil's rings. Popular discussion circa TAIII/TAIV, but still pops up occasionally.
  • Thranddy: affectionateHeart diminutive of the Elvenking's name (if you don't know who is the Elvenking, google is your mellon)
  • Thranduil Thralls: The afflicted. Fangirls, and boys, whose allegiance are pledged to the Elvenking. Also known as the hopelessly enthralled to his ELVEN MAGNIFICENCE. Perturbing to some, Thralldom may not be exclusive. See also "Equal Opportunistic Thrall"
  • Threadlock: The inevitable fate of all TA threads exceeding 200 replies, aka mundane Chore of Mod. See also "Thread tipping"
  • Thread tipping: Post(s) that sends the current TA thread over the 200 replies threshold (See this tip about avoiding post-death while threadtipping). See also "Threadlock"
  • TW: Thrall Wars. An ongoing bit of silliness in the Fan Art board ribbing everything in and about the Thralldoms of Thranduil and that disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf (see "T&T"). Only one thing is sure: nothing and no one is safe Evil Think of it as vicarious authorly pretensions in miniature ping-pong mode, usually between Avandel and yours truly... Morphing into a 3-player mahjong game with Kerewyn dipping her toes inHeart
  • Woodland Weekend (aka WW): Occasional mega URL laden post for Pretty! of Thranduil, and LP. May also include goodness for Legolas, *cough*That disagreeable (among other things) Dwarf*cough* and some others. Selective indiscrimination is key. See also "Pretty!"

• Keeping track of the appreciation
    Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Also, if you click on the "creation" bit in the "Age" column (last one) when you view a forum, it changes to "activity", and you get a list of threads which has been recently posted to, instead of when they were started. It's a much easier way to find the current TA thread since someone will probably post in it, and it usually appears on page 1 of the activity view. Certainly beats going back through the board to look for it.

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI
    (Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
    Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
    Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 8 2014, 2:30am

Post #2 of 230 (30138 views)
    Shortcut
         SDCC Goodies [In reply to]  

Continuing with the SDCC Pretty!, here's the last of it I think, or least I've trawled what I canEvil

http://leepaceily.tumblr.com/post/96089159549

http://sherlockholmeson.tumblr.com/...ee-he-talks-halt-and

http://ithelpstodream.tumblr.com/...osers-with-mtvs-josh

http://leeandorlando.tumblr.com/post/93220357721

http://leepace-daily.tumblr.com/post/93420733080

http://whatmakesyoulove.tumblr.com/...e-movie-or-a-trilogy

http://legilimentis.tumblr.com/...eaks-i-looked-i-will

https://pbs.twimg.com/...mBCEAA-hL8.jpg:large

http://elf-lee-ng-pace.tumblr.com/...8/the-one-and-only-1

http://sanorabbit.tumblr.com/...-2014-sdcc-interview

http://kkwings.tumblr.com/post/94239750945

https://twitter.com/...s/498602826655105024

http://mobile.nytimes.com/...p;_r=1&referrer=

Just masking slightly objectional sitename for this one... but the content is what happens eh?

http://m.youtube.com/...be&v=JO6eydRPpyU

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
    Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 8 2014, 2:33am

Post #3 of 230 (30100 views)
    Shortcut
         The new Thranduil DOS CHOW is up [In reply to]  

Here. Looking forward to fellow Thralls' thoughts on this magnificent scene.Heart

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 8 2014, 1:53pm

Post #4 of 230 (30044 views)
    Shortcut
         VValar: on that BTS vid [In reply to]  

About your TAXI post: Oh yes love the vid

Think you'd like these GIFsHeart

I love that "Oh yeah?" expression in the second oneSmile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 8 2014, 2:21pm

Post #5 of 230 (30065 views)
    Shortcut
         WooHoo and wants all them preciouses! [In reply to]  

That's why this is among the 19 reasons Thranduil is the REAL star of DoS AngelicHeart

Got to wonder, aside from these, what are we being deprived of?Mad

Wants!

=======

phij2
    Rivendell

Sep 8 2014, 7:28pm

Post #6 of 230 (30013 views)
    Shortcut
         just..... [In reply to]  

slowly....melting...into.....a .....puddle....on....the....floor

aaaarrrggg

i need a Thranduil fix.

(runs downstairs to find movies - goodnight sleep tonight - hello double movie watch)
    CoolTongueSmileLaughHeart

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Sep 8 2014, 8:43pm

Post #7 of 230 (29974 views)
    Shortcut
         Working on my reply [In reply to]  

I started my reply last night. Wish I could work on it now but I'm writing this on my phone while I wait on my parents at the doctor's office. Just a check up. No worries.Smile It is a smidgen boring though. *bored sigh* At least I have the Silm to keep me company.Evil

"Home is behind the world ahead
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadow to the edge of night
    Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 8 2014, 10:02pm

Post #8 of 230 (29998 views)
    Shortcut
         Great start to #12 [In reply to]  

Thanks Lurker for starting number 12 of the TA thread!

I almost forgot to put up this beautiful piece of art Heart I've always liked art featuring Thranduil and little Legolas, it's just adorable.

I think this looks amazing as well

And just cause Heart No TA thread can start without this picture. It's just purrrrrfect

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 8 2014, 10:22pm

Post #9 of 230 (30047 views)
    Shortcut
         Oh my [In reply to]  

In Reply To

You've got to be kidding me, there's just too much prettiness in one picture it hurts me eyeeeees

In Reply To

I really like this year's comic con look of LP Cool

In Reply To

Woa girl you need to put a warning sign on these type of photos. Was so not expecting this *THUD* Heart It's so pretty *starts to cry*

In Reply To

Lol the husband possesses a sense of humor

In Reply To

He looks sexy as hell. It's the hair I tell ya (in case you haven't noticed I have a thing for sexy, long hair)

In Reply To

Lol where did you find this? Laugh Gandalf rocks his wand btw (hmm this might sound a bit strange)

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 8 2014, 10:27pm

Post #10 of 230 (29970 views)
    Shortcut
         Thanks for the gifs [In reply to]  

Even when making a face he still looks cute.

lol, just lol

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 8 2014, 10:34pm

Post #11 of 230 (29998 views)
    Shortcut
         To honor the TAXII ride [In reply to]  

These just couldn't be left out

Fingers crossed we'll soon get more material from BOFA, and specifically Thranduil.
    Although watching these pics and GIF's from the teaser and other sources won't ever bore me, it would still be nice to find new material.

And a golden oldie. Thranduil looks so etherical in it Heart (I might just have to make it my avatar)

(This post was edited by VValar on Sep 8 2014, 10:42pm)

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 8 2014, 10:41pm

Post #12 of 230 (29995 views)
    Shortcut
         Didn't know he was a model before [In reply to]  

But makes perfect sense Angelic

In Reply To

The cloak thingy... what I would do to see it on the EE of DOS (btw it's in pre order in the UK already)
    Although I miss #20 because the hair should have his own listing as well

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 8 2014, 10:44pm

Post #13 of 230 (29968 views)
    Shortcut
         It's quite a natural respons... [In reply to]  

... to the witnessing of such greatness and beauty. We understand Smile

Btw did you check out this week's CHOW yet? http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=772482#772482
    It has lots and lots of Thranduil in it

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 8 2014, 10:48pm

Post #14 of 230 (29974 views)
    Shortcut
         Hey Eruvandi! [In reply to]  

Hope your parents are allright! Was the checkup positive?

How far have you come in the Silmarillion already?
    I started it a year ago, got the book from my grandmother who was actually a HUGE lotr fan (she even named her dog Frodo Evil). Anyway... I didn't make it far but I'm planning on starting to read it once more very soon (and hopefully finish it this time).

VValar
    Gondor

Sep 8 2014, 10:53pm

Post #15 of 230 (29997 views)
    Shortcut
         Re Addendum: Known cast/crew taller than Thranduil/LP [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    So here we go: Conan Stevens was the original Bolg, 7ft tall. Don't know if he still counts since he was cut off from the production .This is the story..

The other guy I mentioned is Lawrence Makaore who took over as CGI Bolg. You might already know he is also the stand-in for most if not all those shots where perspective is needed for Dwarves/Hobbit full body shots with taller characters. Believe he had the same job in LotR and was also Lutz, Gothmog the deformed orc leader and the Witchking of Angmar. I thought he was also something like 7ft but he's 6' 4".

So I guess with known info, bottomline is you're right! Thranduil is probably the tallest on the set.

You really do your research Smile Well then, LP is indeed tallest of the cast/crew of TH as suspected.

Eruvandi
    Tol Eressea

Sep 9 2014, 12:03am

Post #16 of 230 (29960 views)
    Shortcut
         Hi VValar! [In reply to]  

I'm home now and my parents are fine, thanks for asking!Smile The doctor was very happy with them.Cool

Lurker, Kerewyn, Vanima Ephel and I are all participating in this Silmarillion Read-Along over on Tumblr. Each week the host assigns the next chapters to read and everyone can post stuff like fan art, recipes or anything else we can think of that has to do with the week's readings if we want to. This week we're supposed to read from Chapter 17: Of the Coming of Men Into the West, and Chapter 18: Of the Ruin of Beleriand.

After spending most of the day sitting and waiting at different places I read all the way from the middle of Chapter 16 to the middle of Chapter 18! I actually had time to read farther than that, but a lot of doctor's offices around here have decided that all waiting rooms must have a radio or a TV playing constantly and the noise distracts me.CrazyAnyway, it's definitely a good read and I'm enjoying it!

How awesome that your grandmother was a LOTR fan!Heart Just so you know, whenever you do decide to read the Silm again, it might be helpful to check out the Read-Along's archives (Click "more links" down under the read along explanation on the left and then click "archive") because the host posts stuff like weekly reader's guides that are great for helping you to keep track of all the stuff that happens in each chapter.

"Home is behind the world ahead
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadow to the edge of night
    Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade
    All shall fade"

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 9 2014, 3:40am

Post #17 of 230 (29936 views)
    Shortcut
         *waves* glad to see you around! [In reply to]  

Writing on phones are a pain I can certainly relate to Evil

Hey, hope your folks are fine. Regards to all!

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 9 2014, 3:43am

Post #18 of 230 (29972 views)
    Shortcut
         Fanart: Baby Thranddy and his daddy [In reply to]  

=======

Tinne
    The Shire

Sep 9 2014, 6:29am

Post #19 of 230 (30010 views)
    Shortcut
         New Photo [In reply to]  

(This post was edited by Tinne on Sep 9 2014, 6:30am)

Tinne
    The Shire

Sep 9 2014, 6:33am

Post #20 of 230 (29961 views)
    Shortcut
         and another one [In reply to]  

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 9 2014, 7:57am

Post #21 of 230 (29943 views)
    Shortcut
         *THUD* O.M.V!!! [In reply to]  

Thank you so much for sharing, Tinne!

In Reply To

My goodness, does this not absolutely look like an Elf is gracing the set and giving PJ some advice?Heart LP looks so... so... ethereal! *THUD*

And on an OT I don't expect many others to get: if this is the Elvenking's tent, then I gotta give meself a good ol' pat on the back for getting Thranduil's choice of tent colour close in tw *YAY* LaughAngelicTongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 9 2014, 8:04am

Post #22 of 230 (29919 views)
    Shortcut
         Wow... thanks again, Tinne! [In reply to]  

His armour is there on the right waiting for him! Heart Interesting those frilly things from his pauldrons(?) are attached under them.

Reminder view from the back.

Ok, really looks like Thranduil's tent... I'm giving myself another patWink

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 9 2014, 8:08am

Post #23 of 230 (29924 views)
    Shortcut
         *waves* Hi phij2 [In reply to]  

In Reply To
    slowly....melting...into.....a .....puddle....on....the....floor

aaaarrrggg

i need a Thranduil fix.

(runs downstairs to find movies - goodnight sleep tonight - hello double movie watch)
    CoolTongueSmileLaughHeart

LoL... hope you enjoyed your binge. Though... um, if you're just looking for a Thranduil fix, do you need to go the whole hog with the movies? Just curious is all.Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 9 2014, 8:10am

Post #24 of 230 (29915 views)
    Shortcut
         Thanks. This is really a very good sketch! [In reply to]  

In Reply To

Wonder if kagalin did up a proper colour version...

In Reply To
    And just cause Heart No TA thread can start without this picture. It's just purrrrrfect

*sigh* Oh yes!Heart Always good to have a reminderSly

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 9 2014, 8:10am)

Lurker in the Mirk
    Valinor

Sep 9 2014, 8:13am

Post #25 of 230 (29954 views)
    Shortcut
         heheh... gotta try one's best after all [In reply to]  

In Reply To

In Reply To

http://leepace-daily.tumblr.com/post/93420733080

I really like this year's comic con look of LP Cool

me too!

In Reply To

In Reply To

https://pbs.twimg.com/...mBCEAA-hL8.jpg:large

Woa girl you need to put a warning sign on these type of photos. Was so not expecting this *THUD* Heart It's so pretty *starts to cry*

Eh... isn't every link in the TAs a click-at-your-own-risk? EvilTongueAngelic

In Reply To

In Reply To
    https://www.youtube.com/...PpyU&app=desktop

Lol where did you find this? Laugh Gandalf rocks his wand btw (hmm this might sound a bit strange)

HAHA... actually I don't know where that came from. But just thought I'd chuck it in for funSmile

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.