The Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part VI
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 30 2014, 3:28am

Post #176 of 206 (5437 views)
Shortcut
     Way to [In reply to]  

grow a gut and frizz the hair. And no wonder Dwarves are always grubby: what a great final resting place for dirt: no vacancy in those bushy beards or frizzy mops? Just cling to the crevices on the uber-dehydrated faces Tongue

*tsk*

Utter waste of all that illegal manframe upgrades Tongue compatibility issues bound to burst through anyway... better that what busted in Erebor stays in Erebor. (Nope, don't see them commercials but I know what it means fershure)

Elves don't need no illegal manframe upgrades Heart au naturel!

Anyway, ale and beer are full of healthful vitamins and nutrients, which explains the spectacular hair of the dwarves. Plus by generous quaffing a nutritive hair wash occurs gratis.TongueCool

See, vegetarian's in their diets, read the labels, Heirs of Durin! Well, I guess the only sober and gutless one is Nori since he loathes all things green.

Seems to have been a HEALTHFUL lifestyle for these guys - Hey - is it? Is it time for "Halt and Catch Fire...." mmmmm gotta go, time for some equal-opportunity drooling......TongueHeart

Frown

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jun 30 2014, 3:37am)

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jun 30 2014, 6:34am

Post #177 of 206 (5408 views)
Shortcut
     HAcF and a little touch of dwarf love (not ... both together, you understand...) [In reply to]  

Finally - I've found a page that will let me watch a couple of HaCF clips without region blocking. Smile
This page is rather critical of the show, but never mind. It's the very first I've been able to see of it! And that first clip ... BlushBlushBlush
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/...-missed-opportunity/

But I've come in to come out on my secretive partiality to a certain dwarf. This partiality has been lying dormant beneath my Elven King thralldom - a state that permits few other states of being, as we all know. However, come this Sunday, me... here...this: http://ozcomiccon.com/...?GID=256279146044025 HeartHeartHeart
A report will be forthcoming Wink

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 30 2014, 9:20am

Post #178 of 206 (5397 views)
Shortcut
     The first eppie is still available for preview, and cool weekend date! [In reply to]  

Here on the AMC website in its entirety. I used Hola as my bypass proxy and it worked fine, no issues with pop-up ads and stuff.

But I've come in to come out on my secretive partiality to a certain dwarf. This partiality has been lying dormant beneath my Elven King thralldom - a state that permits few other states of being, as we all know. However, come this Sunday, me... here...this: http://ozcomiccon.com/...?GID=256279146044025 HeartHeartHeart

Nice! Looking forward to the Kerewyn report Smile

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 30 2014, 9:24am

Post #179 of 206 (5410 views)
Shortcut
     Aww... thanks anyway! [In reply to]  

Sorry. Unsure The file storage I was counting on isn't working for me. (Google: it could be my internet connection, my attempts at uploading just hang up at about 95% and refuse to compete; it looks like they want me to install an 'automatic' download assist, which might solve the problem, but I really don't like the sound of that... If you wanted to point me at a tumblr pic, I could spoil you for it as much as you like. (Though it looks like there isn't a real Spoiler Cut tag here. Crazy)

Was going to ask if you were to paste the screenies on tumblr, but well, you've pre-answered already so that's ok. Thanks for the offer, but I think I will wait, or find another alternative - can't imagine being spoiled and trying to imagine the scene happening Crazy I will continue to live vicariously though tumblr GiFs for now Tongue

Ooooo! It's almost time for that. Thank you!Heart

How was it? ... I'll go nose around Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jun 30 2014, 9:42am

Post #180 of 206 (5387 views)
Shortcut
     Aaaaand here's the Q&A itself [In reply to]  

On FB.

So seems LP got an official FB page for the Q&A, though I bet we shouldn't expect to see much activity on it. Was thinking that he might just dictate answers, but looking at how the grammar rules was disregarded the further along the Q&A went, I guess LP was doing the typing himself Tongue Like the way he opened his answer to "Hey Lee - Yesterday, Heiyin Yeung asked "What is the hardest part playing this character?"" Heheh. Hmmm... Interesting Joe stuff. Guess he's one of those actors who feel protective with the characters he plays? Now I want to watch it even more Crazy

=======

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jun 30 2014, 1:34pm

Post #181 of 206 (5369 views)
Shortcut
     FB chat [In reply to]  

Hm, yes I see all that. Interesting and thoughtful answers, but you can see how he might feel completely inundated by the sheer number of questions and the outpouring of love from some of them. It looks like he may have answered a bunch that arrived in a certain timeframe -- or I wonder if he went through selecting? If the top posts are the most recent, it looks like the HACF user stepped in to moderate / assist.

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jun 30 2014, 7:50pm

Post #182 of 206 (5407 views)
Shortcut
     *ahem* Slight correction. [In reply to]  

Yes we can credit Rowan Greene with starting these Appreciation threads and naming us as Thralls. So many thanks to you RG, if you are reading!

'Twas I who first started throwing the 'Thranduil's Thralls' name around here, not Rowan Greene. =)

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Jun 30 2014, 10:21pm

Post #183 of 206 (5332 views)
Shortcut
     Astronomy Pic of the Day site is wonderful. [In reply to]  

In Reply To
i HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart the Astronomy Picture of the Day site. Such beauty in the vastness of space. I wonder when Elves have their waking dreams, do they walk in fields of endless dark, their journeys guided by the glimmering pale of stars in the fabric of night.

Yes, yes, and yes. And Galaxies. So many beautiful words strung together on this site, waxing poetically. Wish I could do that. I think it tweaks the brain's chemistry by actually inserting pictures, not just words, into the brain. JRRT does that. This is one reason why we are all here.

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jun 30 2014, 10:36pm

Post #184 of 206 (5309 views)
Shortcut
     HaCF and Facebook [In reply to]  

I think I will wait, or find another alternative

Aw. I really wish more people here had access to it. (My own method of viewing is kind of on the down low.) I'd love to be able to discuss it with someone. Though my thoughts on where it's going seem to change substantially from episode to episode, and that would probably become 'from moment to moment' with someone elses input - I'm easily influenced when canon is still open.

How was it? ...

I see you found it. Smile It was over very quickly. I'm surprised he was able to answer as many as he did (and so sweetly), in only 30 minutes. (There were something like 250 questions posted when I followed your link at almost 5PM EST. It looks like people kept adding to that after it was over. And now I kinda want to get a Facebook, so I can follow Lee Pace...Heart *resists*)

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jun 30 2014, 10:48pm

Post #185 of 206 (5340 views)
Shortcut
     I agree with the folks in the comments. [In reply to]  

Though I can understand one or two of the writer's gripes, I think she's taking it way to seriously (and being far to critical of the female leads - I'd much rather see the some of the highest possibilities than the grimest of possible truths).

And that first clip ... BlushBlushBlush

I haven't even tried to watch it (my internet hates me), but I feel pretty sure it's the "this doesn't mean you get the job" scene. So Many Things I want to say about that (but they mostly contradict each other after watching Episode 5, so I will remain silent. Evil)

Have fun! (I'll bet he's even more gorgeous in person. Heart)

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jun 30 2014, 10:59pm

Post #186 of 206 (5326 views)
Shortcut
     Oooo! Do you remember what thread it first appeared in? [In reply to]  

Rowan Greene's first Thranduil Appreciation thread was my first notice of it (but it was also the first - and so far, the only - thread I've tried to follow).

Thanks!

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 1 2014, 12:16am

Post #187 of 206 (5367 views)
Shortcut
     *sniff* methinks elves have doth spent too much time.... [In reply to]  

in the fields with the plants they use to create rope from (Hah! - very medicinal I am sure......) . Or perhaps as usual purloining Thranduil's cellars - *snigger* doth not the Elven King notice his wine being watered by his lackadaisical minions - or perhaps this is why Thranduil is SO ill-tempered?Evil

Uber-dehydrated? Frizzy? Nay, for [snooty] elves doth have lived in their holes and valleys for so many ages, seeking enlightenment by being so light-headed from hunger (but very PURE on the inside at least, as various internal organs wither away from lack of use) that they fail to mark the marvelous adaptations of, say, the noble and modest race of dwarves, who exist in a spiritual and respectful partnership with the high mountains and silver hill streams themselvesHeart.

And so, partaking of a healthful and fulfilling diet of meats, cheeses, breads, and nutritious ales and liquors, the dwarven races have evolved fine complexions and luxurious manes of hair, possessing natural lubricants that, much like that of coats of the graceful sea otters and marine birds, are both protective and allow dwarves to easily comb away any temporary dishevelment.
*Beautiful as everHeartHeartHeartHeart*

This is easily noted through these films, for instance, the gloriousness of Thorin's and other dwarves' hair and faces at Bard's, in spite of their disgraceful treatment and necessity of flight from the capricious cruelties of Thranduil (including the poor fare of receiving a supper of "mixed greens" and stale lembas croutons.)

So long hath the elven race wafted about in either modified gym outfits or COMPLETELY unsuitable robes, which either render one prone to tripping, or, unable to expand one's lungs enough to take a decent breath (probably explains why so many of them have syrupy voices, it's like trying to jog in a saunaUnsure) that they cannot appreciate the sensibility of the multiple layers of sturdy dwarven garments. Nor, having become wasted over the years from so much rabbit food, would elves even consider the marvelous tone and musculature the average dwarf doth possess; seldom seen, the dwarven physique produces feelings of hopeless inadequacy in other races worldwide.Shocked

*SO FIERCEHeartHeartHeart - Thorin in his wanderings in the southern lands.....Tongue)

(The site of so much uncloth'd dwarf masculinity of course was the true reason for Lindir's distress, but lo! how he secretly envied the dwarves not being stuffed into some asphyxiating, throttling tunic that didn't bunch up when one attempted to walk....).

Though admittedly the elvish race CAN walk on snow, thanks to their twiggy frames. Useful as long a strong breeze doesn't come along.....Evil. Unfortunate that windy conditions are a regular feature of mountain lifestyle.Evil

*Cough* you were commenting on "upgrades?". Verily, I fear 'tis impossible to upgrade thisAngelic (PS. we can't wait for you to come back eitherHeartHeartHeart, oh King of the Heartstopping Hair and Voice et cetera.....)
Pardon me, I need to go lie down nowTongue. (SQUUUUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!TongueTongueTongue)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 1 2014, 12:21am

Post #188 of 206 (5330 views)
Shortcut
     omg Kerewyn [In reply to]  

He's probably heard it before, but if possible please let Dean know there are NEVER enough dwarves in these films. And we Dwarven Thralls 1) Love him and 2) Want more, more of him and his Company.

PLEAZZZZ!!!!!HeartHeartHeart Inquiring minds want to know allTongueTongueTongue

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 2:52am

Post #189 of 206 (5312 views)
Shortcut
     Looks like a combo of answer on the spot and some moderator assist [In reply to]  

Regardless, I like how thoughtful he seemed in composing his answers. And I can see how the mechanics might have been abandoned in an effort to answer as many as possible, or it could have just got tiring Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 2:53am

Post #190 of 206 (5319 views)
Shortcut
     Beautifully said, VeArkenstone [In reply to]  

I think it tweaks the brain's chemistry by actually inserting pictures, not just words, into the brain. JRRT does that. This is one reason why we are all here.

Heart

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 3:03am

Post #191 of 206 (5333 views)
Shortcut
     Re HCF and trailing LP on FB... who seems enthralled... [In reply to]  

Aw. I really wish more people here had access to it. (My own method of viewing is kind of on the down low.) I'd love to be able to discuss it with someone. Though my thoughts on where it's going seem to change substantially from episode to episode, and that would probably become 'from moment to moment' with someone elses input - I'm easily influenced when canon is still open.

Well, there was a thread in the Off-Topic forum about HCF (thanks to Kim who pointed me that way), but I think it's a bit dead right now. I've not looked in since well, you know.

btw... PM'ing you.

I see you found it. Smile It was over very quickly. I'm surprised he was able to answer as many as he did (and so sweetly), in only 30 minutes. (There were something like 250 questions posted when I followed your link at almost 5PM EST. It looks like people kept adding to that after it was over. And now I kinda want to get a Facebook, so I can follow Lee Pace...Heart *resists*)

Times flies when you're having fun huh? I read somewhere LP was actually answering questions for an hour... figures because I was wondering if he's a speed-typer to answer so many Qs in 30 mins Tongue

Just noticed that Mac or PC q... so LP is an Apple-thrall then.

Oh, if you wanna follow his fb, you don't need a fb ac since it's an open page anyway - unless you 'd wanna officially register your LIKE or post. Frankly, unless LP's suddenly got a case of socialmedialitis, I think tumblr-dom is still the better resource Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 3:09am

Post #192 of 206 (5311 views)
Shortcut
     *snerk* [In reply to]  

.. how it is.

(i'll be back)

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 3:17am

Post #193 of 206 (5356 views)
Shortcut
     Hi Eowyn! [In reply to]  

Nice of you to drop by Smile

Thanks for the correction. Much appreciation for christening the thralldom Sly

Eh, would you be able to point to your first mention of Thranduil's Thralls? I think it behooves the thralldom to learn the heritage. And it'd be a great fun-fact to put in the thread starters.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 1 2014, 3:20am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 3:30am

Post #194 of 206 (5343 views)
Shortcut
     I thought Cameron was interesting... and here's what she thought of LP (thud-warning) [In reply to]  

From the premiere episode, I like her no-one-messes-with-me-attitooood. Though I admit to being a bit concerned she's a caricature of the fantasy dreamed up by the male-dominated geekdom of the day - which I hope is debunked in later eppies? I like her music taste though Smile

And Mackenzie Davies apparently Heart LP: "Lee’s like carved out of stone, he’s an absolute Adonis" - source (She's a character, on or off-screen it seems).

for... uh *stares* ... ... oh, right... relevanceBlush

=======

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 1 2014, 3:32am

Post #195 of 206 (5327 views)
Shortcut
     *snigger* we have a mug for you, will put hair on your chest [In reply to]  

But now I gotta go have a cheese and MEAT sandwich.Cool

Kim
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 3:50am

Post #196 of 206 (5321 views)
Shortcut
     Verily [In reply to]  

you speaketh the truth, in all particulars of this post. Pray continue as you will. Smile

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Kim
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 3:52am

Post #197 of 206 (5324 views)
Shortcut
     FYI [In reply to]  

Well, there was a thread in the Off-Topic forum about HCF (thanks to Kim who pointed me that way), but I think it's a bit dead right now. I've not looked in since well, you know.

There's a new tv/movie thread every week (posts on Mondays) where you're always welcome to discuss HCF and whatever else you've been watching. Smile

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 5:37am

Post #198 of 206 (5341 views)
Shortcut
     Can do! [In reply to]  

It was here, while suggesting a new name possibility for Thorin's fans, that I first publicly called 'our kind' Thranduil's Thralls. I've been coming up with names for groupies for years, whether they like it or not. ;) I'd jokingly suggested 'thralls' for Thorin's harem a year earlier, but they hadn't accepted the term. It feels more appropriate for those of us who appreciate His Royal Fabulousness, anyway, so I'm glad it stuck! =)

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 1 2014, 6:11am

Post #199 of 206 (5333 views)
Shortcut
     Apologies for not crediting you, Eowyn [In reply to]  

And glad you could pop in to correct us! I joined a little later on, when Rowan was compiling the ever-growing list of Thralls, so thought she was the originator.
EvilEvil

One more post to go, before we tip again! This thread went so fast, such is the enthusiastic pace of thralling. Cool

"pace" of thralling... see what I did there...

(This post was edited by Kerewyn on Jul 1 2014, 6:15am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 6:55am

Post #200 of 206 (5300 views)
Shortcut
     Clearly flaccid beer doth lacketh oxygen for alcohol-soaked Dwarf eyes and brains [In reply to]  

&

*snigger* we have a mug for you, will put hair on your chest

False advertising! Tongue

Though admittedly the elvish race CAN walk on snow, thanks to their twiggy frames.

But one thing's for sure Tongue

=======

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.