Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
ROTK: Complete Recordings Available for Pre-Order NOW!

Xoanon
PTB

Oct 8 2007, 5:54pm

Post #1 of 20 (5787 views)
Shortcut
ROTK: Complete Recordings Available for Pre-Order NOW! Can't Post

David
writes: Didn't see it posted on the site yet, but I noticed that amazon.com has the Return of the King: Complete recordings now available for pre-order. The CD comes out November 6th and is listed on Amazon.com for $59.99.

http://www.amazon.com/...V6BE6M/theoneringnet

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
PH: 514.947.5221
http://www.TheOneRing.net
http://www.KongisKing.net
http://www.TheOneLion.net
http://www.gallifreyone.com

diedye
Grey Havens

Oct 9 2007, 12:47am

Post #2 of 20 (4704 views)
Shortcut
Wasn't it supposed to be... [In reply to] Can't Post

... more expensive than the last two soundtracks?

Urambo Tauro
Rivendell

Oct 9 2007, 3:13am

Post #3 of 20 (4619 views)
Shortcut
Re: price [In reply to] Can't Post

Shhh...
Don't give 'em any ideas!

elentari3018
Rohan

Oct 9 2007, 4:24am

Post #4 of 20 (4652 views)
Shortcut
Preordering = slower than running and get it? [In reply to] Can't Post

That is my experience with preordering on Amazon--i'm a fan who wants things FAST and it seems that preordering on Amazon fro LotR things take too long.... :p
So maybe i'll just run out and get the preciousssss. ;)

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

alcaeru

Oct 9 2007, 10:35am

Post #5 of 20 (4611 views)
Shortcut
I ordered it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I must have been one of the first to order that (yes!). I ordered it before the notification was on theonering.net. I have to use amazon because I have a lot of problems getting the complete recordings in Australia.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 9 2007, 12:04pm

Post #6 of 20 (4588 views)
Shortcut
This is so exciting! Thanks Xo! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Oct 9 2007, 3:22pm

Post #7 of 20 (4576 views)
Shortcut
I'll be ordering it soon. [In reply to] Can't Post

With the dollar/British pound at $2.0339 I'll be ordering the CD from Amazon.com not U.K!

I can't wait for thisHeart

Ali.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 9 2007, 3:23pm

Post #8 of 20 (4597 views)
Shortcut
Just in case anyone doesn't already know [In reply to] Can't Post

Barnes and Noble has it up for $52 with free shipping.

"Crows and Gibbets! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires."

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Oct 9 2007, 6:27pm

Post #9 of 20 (4598 views)
Shortcut
Amazon.co.uk [In reply to] Can't Post

Amazon is selling ROTK--CR for 46 British pounds......I'll be pre-ordering the CD from Amazon.com instead.Sly

Parramatta

Oct 9 2007, 8:07pm

Post #10 of 20 (4618 views)
Shortcut
Box Set [In reply to] Can't Post

In previous interviews with Howard Shore and Doug Adams, wasn't there supposed to be a Box Set with an extra disc of outtakes / unused score and alternative versions as well as a book by Doug Adams?

It'd be shame to buy this only to have to buy it again with the trilogy score box set...

Any thoughts?

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 9 2007, 9:56pm

Post #11 of 20 (4620 views)
Shortcut
you won't have to buy the trilogy again... [In reply to] Can't Post

...to get the 'rarities' disc or Doug Adams books. I'm not exactly sure what all will be on the rarities disc. I don't know that there will be 'outtakes'. Those are more entertaining visually than they are audibly. Much of the unused music has made it into the CRs. But there is surely more.

I've tried to repost Doug's comments here on the movie board.
July 2
Aug 19
Sept 25
Sept 27

you might find more by looking through my post history or just going to one of the links to the enduring LOTR thread at moviemusic.com

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 10 2007, 11:23am

Post #12 of 20 (4572 views)
Shortcut
oooo! A penny saved..... THANKS! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 10 2007, 11:24am

Post #13 of 20 (4552 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* You're a delight, Magpie :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 11 2007, 2:10pm

Post #14 of 20 (4564 views)
Shortcut
Track titles [In reply to] Can't Post

The track titles at Amazon.de for the CR-ROTK are now listed (copied below)

At this moment, I can't find track titles at any other site (Barnes & Noble, Soundtrack.net, or Moviemusic.com). I don't doubt these are right, but some lines are cut off an there's probably at least one typo. I will extrapolate or comment on the list below in red.

1. Roots And Beginnings
2. Journey To The Cross-roads
3. The Road To Isengard
4. The Foot Of Orthanc
5. Return To Edoras
6. The Chalice Passed
7. The Green Dragon [Featuring Billy Boyd]
8. Gollum's Villainy
9. Éowyns Dream
10. The Palantír
11. Flight From Edoras
12. The Grace Of Undómiel [Featuring R enée Fleming]
13. The Eyes Of The White Tower
14. A Coronal Of Silver And Gold
15. The Lighting Of The Beacons
16. Osgiliath Invaded [Featuring Ben D el Maestro]
17. The Stairs Of Cirith Ungol
18. Allegiance To Denethor
19. The Sacrifice Of Faramir [Featurin g ?? perhaps Ulrich Herkenhoff the pan flute player]
20. The Parting Of Sam And Frodo
21. Marshalling At Dunharrow
22. Andúril - Flame Of The West
23. The Passing Of The Grey Company
24. Dwimorberg - The Haunted Mountain
25. Master Meriadoc, Swordthain
26. The Paths Of The Dead
27. The Siege Of Gondor
28. Shelobs Lair
29. Merrys Simple Courage
30. Grond - The Hammer Of The Underwor d
31. Shelob The Great
32. The Tomb Of The Stewards
33. The Battle Of The Pelennor Fields
34. The Pyre Of Denethor
35. The Mûmakil
36. Dernhelm In Battle
37. A Far Green Country
38. Shieldmaiden Of Rohan
39. The Passing Of Théoden
40. The Houses Of Healing [Featuring L iv Tyler]
41. The Tower Of Cirith Ungol
42. The Last Debate [Featuring Sissel ] magpie: this is probably Sissel's Song from the ROTK EE Fan Credits restored for some previously intended scene. I'm not sure, at the moment, what scene this would be.
43. The Land Of Shadow
44. The Mouth Of Sauron [Featuring Sir James Galway]
45. For Frodo [Featuring Ben Del Maest ro]
46. Mount Doom [Featuring Renée Flemin g]
47. The Crack Of Doom
48. The Eagles [Featuring Renée Flemin g]
49. The Fellowship Reunited [Featuring ?? This must be a long track to include all that happens between the Eagles and the Grey Havens. I'm guessing the list would include James Galway, Renée Fleming, and Viggo Mortensen are in this track but there may be more.]
50. The Journey To The Grey Havens [Fe aturing probably James Galway]
51. Elanor [Featuring Sir James Galway ] I have no idea what this is.
52. Days Of The Ring [Featuring Annie Lennox... but I don't know if this contains Into the West or if Into the West would be in track 50 and this is something else. I could contain the song Use Well the Days. The track title might be a typo for "Days of the King".
53. Bilbo's Song - This is the final song heard on the ROTK EE Fan Credits. It is an Elvish translation of "I sit beside the fire and think" and is sung by a boy's choir. It is exquisitely, almost painfully beautiful and was written just for this spot by Howard Shore as a thank you and goodbye to the fans.

(This post was edited by Magpie on Oct 11 2007, 2:11pm)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Oct 11 2007, 2:55pm

Post #15 of 20 (4557 views)
Shortcut
'Elanor' is presumably the very last scene. [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if they are giving Rosie and Frodo-lad rather short shrift, this is one of the bits I'm going to be happiest to have.

1st JRRT Map Moot in Chicago-- Nov. 2-4, 2007
Another to follow!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JRRTMapsChicago/?yguid=178797892

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 11 2007, 3:03pm

Post #16 of 20 (4563 views)
Shortcut
Ah, yes... I'm sure you're right. [In reply to] Can't Post

For some reason, I had the Tolkien's unpublished epilogue in my head. This involved a Elanor as a young lady and so I kind of discarded the person Elanor from my possibilities (thinking... Eleanor isn't in the movie. DOH!) I touched briefly on the flower and discarded that and then decided I couldn't figure it out. It needed fresh eyes to see.

That would mean "The Days of the Ring" (or "The Days of the King") would be "Into the West" and finale music.

Re: Sissel's song - I've looked at the dvd scenes and I've decided it has to be paired with the scene where Eowyn is looking out over the fields of the Pelennor and Faramir joins her. She is a bit gloomy... he, not so much. He say, "I don't think this darkness will endure", they look into each other's eyes, Faramir takes her hand and Eowyn softens and puts her head on his shoulder.

The times of the two pieces do not sync up at all but perhaps the scene was longer at some point. The only other possibilities (looking at track titles before and after this track on the cd... and at scene content in the dvd) are the debate itself or Aragorn wrestling with the Palantir. Neither would go well with the ethereal quality of Sissel's song, IMO.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Oct 11 2007, 3:18pm

Post #17 of 20 (4545 views)
Shortcut
I'd have titled it 'Well, I'm back'./ [In reply to] Can't Post

1st JRRT Map Moot in Chicago-- Nov. 2-4, 2007
Another to follow!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JRRTMapsChicago/?yguid=178797892

Patty
Immortal

Oct 11 2007, 3:34pm

Post #18 of 20 (4566 views)
Shortcut
The only thing I was sorry not to have included here... [In reply to] Can't Post

was the Bilbo's song that ends "Farewell to Middle -earth at last, I see the star above my mast." The song at the end of the BBC audio. Exquisitely beautiful.

I look forward to getting this box to complete my Complete Recordings.

For Gondor!

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 11 2007, 3:45pm

Post #19 of 20 (4566 views)
Shortcut
Do you have mp3s of that song? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a version by Donald Swann/William Elvin.

And I have another version with the same melody with cryptic crediting. (The site I got it from is gone and I didn't keep enough info)

The Hobbitons also did it with a different melody than Swanns' and that's available as a free download on their site.

I was looking, the other day, for the recording that featured songs/music from the BBC audio drama. Does anyone know if this is still in print?

Patty
Immortal

Oct 11 2007, 4:29pm

Post #20 of 20 (4547 views)
Shortcut
I have a CD that a good friend made of the songs collection... [In reply to] Can't Post

back when TTT came out, I think.

I don't know where she got that from. I think the version of the LotR that was released in Britain included that as an extra disc, but I'm not sure.

For Gondor!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.