The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Sauron VS Voldemort

Erriadair
The Shire

Feb 7 2013, 9:14pm

Post #1 of 18 (2240 views)
Shortcut
Sauron VS Voldemort Can't Post

If Sauron and Voldemort (from the Harry Potter serries) were to face off (for any particular reason), who do you think would most likely win?

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Feb 7 2013, 9:16pm

Post #2 of 18 (1925 views)
Shortcut
Sauron would squash Voldemort and that's all there is to it [In reply to] Can't Post

Poncy death charms are useless against The Lord of the Rings.

"These are Gundabad Wargs! They will outrun you!"

"THESE are Rhosgobel Rabbits! I'd like to see them try...."

Erriadair
The Shire

Feb 7 2013, 9:19pm

Post #3 of 18 (1912 views)
Shortcut
Very True [In reply to] Can't Post

Right you are, my friend!Smile

The White Wizard
The Shire

Feb 7 2013, 9:32pm

Post #4 of 18 (1932 views)
Shortcut
Sauron: Anytime, Anywhere [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron would win at anytime. He can only be harmed by separating the ring from him or destroying it so none of Voldemort's spells would work. Also, Sauron would have learned his lesson and would make sure to not be defeated by some lucky hit.

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Feb 7 2013, 10:42pm

Post #5 of 18 (1917 views)
Shortcut
Of course Sauron. [In reply to] Can't Post

Voldie is a Sauron-wannabe-but-will-nevabee. His tricks--particularly the use of horcruxes--are indebted to Sauron and the Ring. Just stab each horcrux with some Basilisk venom and... yawn.

Sauron may be a bad guy, but he's OUR bad guy. Wink

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Erriadair
The Shire

Feb 8 2013, 12:27am

Post #6 of 18 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Touching...And yes, I do think I agree with you [In reply to] Can't Post

It's wonderful to see that everyone is so very protective of Sauron, even though he's a villain, just because he is a Lord of the Rings character. It's so wonderful to see such loyal Lord of the Rings admirers as yourselves that are willing to defend even Sauron. I do think I agree with most of you in saying that truly, in a battle, Sauron would walk away as the conqueror. For there is certainly something about Sauron that makes him very un-humanlike. Whereas with Voldemort, I truly believe he has a more human quality about him. Whenever I look at Voldemort, I think him frail and weak, at least compared to Sauron. In a physical battle, I'm certain what would end up happening is Sauron (after realizing that the source of Voldemort's power came from his wand) would simply walk up to Voldemort, take his wand, snap it in half, throw it aside, and proceed to destroying Voldemort, or perhaps turning him into an Orc, or the Tenth Ring-Wraith.
In a battle of magic, I also believe that Sauron would win. He certainly has the power to corrupt things, as we have seen in The Lord of the Rings. He would turn Voldemort's inner fears against him, and break him. Perhaps he would tempt him with a ring of power. That is something I can picture Voldemort going for. After all, Voldemort would make a very convincing Ring Wraith.Wink
-Greetings from Dale (I'm coming back West now),
Erriadair

imin
Valinor

Feb 8 2013, 12:49am

Post #7 of 18 (1948 views)
Shortcut
Are we talking book or movie Sauron? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Erriadair
The Shire

Feb 9 2013, 12:49am

Post #8 of 18 (1887 views)
Shortcut
Either one? [In reply to] Can't Post

Either one I suppose. Both in the book and in the movie Voldemort's a sinister character.

Briza
Bree

Feb 9 2013, 9:23am

Post #9 of 18 (1920 views)
Shortcut
Sauron is not so tough.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Sauron would win at anytime. He can only be harmed by separating the ring from him or destroying it so none of Voldemort's spells would work. Also, Sauron would have learned his lesson and would make sure to not be defeated by some lucky hit.

Dog teeth also hurts him.... , and so did a sword and spear.

The White Wizard
The Shire

Feb 9 2013, 11:48am

Post #10 of 18 (1901 views)
Shortcut
When [In reply to] Can't Post

When does that happen? I don't remember that ever happening.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Feb 9 2013, 3:15pm

Post #11 of 18 (1905 views)
Shortcut
Silmarillion, for the first bit.// [In reply to] Can't Post

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Feb 10 2013, 2:48am

Post #12 of 18 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Sauron [In reply to] Can't Post

Voldemort never impressed me as more than a bully who surrounded himself with others who like to bully. Not to say that world wide bullies, especially wizards, can't wreck havoc but Sauron feels more foul.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Briza
Bree

Feb 10 2013, 10:06am

Post #13 of 18 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Would be a easy win for Voldemort [In reply to] Can't Post

All Voldermort would have to do is teleport out of range from Sauron, cast the Babbling Curse which would prevent Sauron from using his dueling songs.

Then a few casts of Expulso and Impedimenta would shake Sauron up quite a bit before finishing him off with a few Sectumsempra.

Voldemort simply has access to a much greater range of offensive magic then Sauron has ever displayed. Sauron was a inventor, rather then a warrior.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Feb 10 2013, 1:00pm

Post #14 of 18 (1905 views)
Shortcut
Disagree... [In reply to] Can't Post

What do you mean by "teleport out of range"?

He can't be standing particularly far from Sauron to attempt the offensive tactics you suggest, as a Potter series wizard needs to point his wand at an adversary, aim, and successfully hit his adversary, in order to cast any of those spells.

Briza
Bree

Feb 10 2013, 11:32pm

Post #15 of 18 (2144 views)
Shortcut
Does not have to be far. [In reply to] Can't Post

5-10m should be plenty. Apart from his songs, Saurons only real offensive weapon is his mace which is not a range weapon. Although, I believe the mace is not even canon so we have to assume he is carrying no weapon and relaying mainly on his songsr.

His other main weapon is his fear, but it has been shown that powerful characters can overcome that. Plus his natural body heat which burnt Gil-Galad but Voldemort should not get close enough for that to become a issue.

The movie version of Sauron would likely survive longer but I can not see either interpretation being able to match the magical abilities of Voldemort.

(This post was edited by Briza on Feb 10 2013, 11:37pm)

KingTurgon
Rohan

Feb 21 2013, 5:23pm

Post #16 of 18 (1840 views)
Shortcut
Sauron [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron could win easily, and I'm not being an LOTR homer. I'm a big fan of both series. However, Voldemort is a man with magical abilities, whereas Sauron is a lesser angel in Tolkien's world. Sauron takes this one. Now Voldemort vs the Witch-king would be interesting.

andwise
Rivendell

Mar 6 2013, 4:33pm

Post #17 of 18 (1801 views)
Shortcut
one sided fight [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron crushes voldemort into the earth.simple as!Sly

Arrow....black arrow,I have saved you to the last.you have never failed me and always I have recovered you.I had you from my father and he from old.if ever you came from the forges of the true king under the mountain,go now and speed well

Luinnár
Rivendell

Mar 8 2013, 1:49pm

Post #18 of 18 (1979 views)
Shortcut
That was exactly what I was thinking! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those two would be an equil match. Another one I was thinking about was a balrog vs. Voldimort.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.