Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit = Oscar hope for Warner?

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Rohan

Nov 13 2012, 1:46pm

Views: 1540
Shortcut
The Hobbit = Oscar hope for Warner? Can't Post

Although "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" isn't out yet, Warner seems to be very sure about the quality of its movie. They did propose the first Hobbit-movie for 16 Academy Awards to the Academy. I got this information from the German Fan Page "Der Herr der Ringe Film":

BEST PICTURE

CAROLYNNE CUNNINGHAM
ZANE WEINER
FRAN WALSH
PETER JACKSON

BEST DIRECTOR
PETER JACKSON

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
FRAN WALSH &
PHILIPPA BOYENS &
PETER JACKSON &
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

BEST ACTOR
MARTIN FREEMAN

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
IAN McKELLEN
RICHARD ARMITAGE
ANDY SERKIS

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
CATE BLANCHETT

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
ANDREW LESNIE, ACS, ASC

BEST ART DIRECTION
Production Designer
DAN HENNAH
Set Decorators
RA VINCENT
SIMON BRIGHT

BEST FILM EDITING
JABEZ OLSSEN

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
ANN MASKREY
RICHARD TAYLOR
BOB BUCK

BEST MAKEUP
Armour, Weapons, Creatures and Special Makeup
RICHARD TAYLOR
Hair and Makeup Design
PETER SWORDS KING

BEST SOUND MIXING
Production Sound Mixer
TONY JOHNSON
Re-Recording Mixers
CHRISTOPHER BOYES
MICHAEL HEDGES
MICHAEL SEMANICK

BEST SOUND EDITING
BRENT BURGE
CHRIS WARD

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
JOE LETTERI
ERIC SAINDON
DAVID CLAYTON
R. CHRISTOPHER WHITE

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
HOWARD SHORE

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
“Song of the Lonely Mountain”
Music by
NEIL FINN
DAVID DONALDSON
STEVE ROCHE
JANET RODDICK
DAVID LONG
Lyrics by
NEIL FINN
Performed and Produced by
NEIL FINN

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Nov 13 2012, 1:54pm)

Subject User Time
The Hobbit = Oscar hope for Warner? Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Nov 13 2012, 1:46pm
    Warner Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Nov 13 2012, 1:48pm
    Winners Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Nov 13 2012, 1:57pm
    Perdicting such things is nigh impossible I'm afraid :s.. ... we'll just have to wait and hope.. but awesome compilation! // Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Nov 13 2012, 2:01pm
    The Oscars are more about politics than films. Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Nov 13 2012, 2:05pm
        I'd be surprised if it even gets nominated for any categories other than technical Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 13 2012, 2:26pm
        Even if the Hobbit wins everything sphdle1 Send a private message to sphdle1 Nov 14 2012, 2:22am
            Was that about Avatar sarcasm? Carne Send a private message to Carne Nov 14 2012, 2:23am
                Avatar's story was certainly nothing special. However... jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Nov 14 2012, 3:33am
            Huh... Tim Send a private message to Tim Nov 14 2012, 5:51am
            Best Story???? Thorins_apprentice Send a private message to Thorins_apprentice Nov 14 2012, 7:28am
                Avatar is about Jake Sully, not the geopolitics of Pandora Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 14 2012, 4:24pm
                    How about we toss in a bit of "Dances With Wolves"? Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 14 2012, 4:29pm
                        I watched it three times in theaters : ) Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Nov 14 2012, 4:49pm
            Avatar was so overrated Joe20 Send a private message to Joe20 Nov 14 2012, 9:58am
            I think quite a few people might disagree with you on this Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Nov 14 2012, 4:31pm
            Odd theory Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Nov 14 2012, 4:35pm
    AUJ won't win any DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 13 2012, 2:36pm
    YEAH! iandea14 Send a private message to iandea14 Nov 13 2012, 2:52pm
    Nobody should expect any big prizes this time around... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Nov 13 2012, 5:11pm
        That's my thinking as well LoremIpsum Send a private message to LoremIpsum Nov 13 2012, 7:42pm
        Actually... jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Nov 13 2012, 8:37pm
            Disagree. They might have a small outside shot... Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 13 2012, 8:42pm
                I don't think genre matters in the acting category jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Nov 13 2012, 8:55pm
                    It was a very showy role. Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 13 2012, 9:08pm
    Doubt it starlesswinter Send a private message to starlesswinter Nov 13 2012, 9:43pm
        The soundtrack Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Nov 13 2012, 10:41pm
    I can't help wondering Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Nov 13 2012, 9:45pm
        We are assuming the movie to be good for the purpose of discussion. Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 13 2012, 9:55pm
            *scratches head* Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Nov 13 2012, 10:02pm
            Oh, I don't know. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Nov 14 2012, 8:04am
    I'd put my bets of it defiantly getting nominated for technical awards Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero Nov 13 2012, 10:48pm
        I hope it gets more than that Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Nov 13 2012, 11:38pm
    If the film is of the quality of the LotR... Maiarmike Send a private message to Maiarmike Nov 14 2012, 12:41am
        Best Visual Effects Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Nov 14 2012, 12:56am
    I did a little checking Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 14 2012, 1:17am
    Too bad they don't have a category guitarzankansasfan Send a private message to guitarzankansasfan Nov 14 2012, 3:59am
    Not real likely on the first part. // Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 14 2012, 5:17am
    I think that it has the chance to be nominated... Owain Send a private message to Owain Nov 14 2012, 4:00pm
    Not much, I admit Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Nov 14 2012, 4:44pm
        Everything you describe about the Academy Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Nov 14 2012, 4:49pm
            Ah, God bless you, Mr Shelob Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Nov 14 2012, 5:00pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.