Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Rob Kazinsky is leavin TH
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

ringer5150
The Shire

Apr 24 2011, 9:18am

Post #1 of 155 (10210 views)
Shortcut
Rob Kazinsky is leavin TH Can't Post

Pj just updated his facebook. He says for personal reasons.

http://www.facebook.com/...li/10150233459761558

Maybe Guillermo was meant to just write the hobbit and PJ was meant to direct it. And that is an encouraging thought.

(This post was edited by ringer5150 on Apr 24 2011, 9:19am)

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Apr 24 2011, 9:21am

Post #2 of 155 (5950 views)
Shortcut
Wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

This is some sad news.

This was a role of a lifetime... It takes something big to say goodbye to The Hobbit. I hope he is okay.

(This post was edited by RaoulJ on Apr 24 2011, 9:24am)

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Apr 24 2011, 9:26am

Post #3 of 155 (6143 views)
Shortcut
Check the 'reply section' [In reply to] Can't Post

B.o.B. is trying to score the Fili part...

Bound
Rohan

Apr 24 2011, 9:27am

Post #4 of 155 (5733 views)
Shortcut
sad news... [In reply to] Can't Post

He seemed to really be into it...

Peter has had some really bad luck with casting... Stuart Townsend in Lord of the rings, Ryan Gosling in Lovely bones, and now this..

the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

Bound
Rohan

Apr 24 2011, 9:29am

Post #5 of 155 (5802 views)
Shortcut
who? [In reply to] Can't Post

?

LoremIpsum
Lorien

Apr 24 2011, 9:32am

Post #6 of 155 (5649 views)
Shortcut
That's awful [In reply to] Can't Post

he was so enthusiastic about the movie and the role Unsure Hope everything is OK with him and his family.

Welsh hero
Gondor

Apr 24 2011, 9:36am

Post #7 of 155 (5598 views)
Shortcut
No :( [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved his little updates.

Hope they can replace him with another brilliant actor

Twitter: @IrfonPennant

Mithrandír
Lorien

Apr 24 2011, 9:37am

Post #8 of 155 (5595 views)
Shortcut
sad news indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

But it must be something important.

It's sad he will miss this opportunity though, he seemed very enthusiastic.

Social Science's biggest problem, is social science.

"The ring has awoken. It's heard its masters call"

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Apr 24 2011, 9:39am

Post #9 of 155 (5965 views)
Shortcut
B.O.B. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bob is a Torn'er, although he hasn't been posting on this site for a while. His nickname is Bond of Blood (Bob) and he said he was trying to get a role in The Hobbit a while ago.

I was under the assumption that he was cast as he was making subtle (or not so subtle) remarks of doing make-up tests/trying a beard and being excited. (Later he said he wasn't cast)

Some people believed him or were supporting him. I don't want to stir up this, but he exaggerated his acting-work, in my opinion.

But all that aside, he is still trying to get cast and of course it would be fun to have one of 'us' in The Hobbit.

edit: Here is the link to the last conversation I had with him about his involvement: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=282726#282726

(This post was edited by RaoulJ on Apr 24 2011, 9:43am)

Bound
Rohan

Apr 24 2011, 9:41am

Post #10 of 155 (5606 views)
Shortcut
ahh right.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool for him...

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 24 2011, 9:43am

Post #11 of 155 (5533 views)
Shortcut
Oh no. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's terrible news. Just when we thought all the bad news was behind us, an actor leaves.

I hope everything works out for Rob, and that Pete finds another great Fili.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Bound
Rohan

Apr 24 2011, 9:50am

Post #12 of 155 (5828 views)
Shortcut
Robert Kazinky's Twitter statement [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all your support, Peter and team have been the most wonderful and supportive team to work for and it's with a truly sad heart that things have turned out this way. The Hobbit will go on to be as great as i've seen and I will miss the family and friends that i've here, From every disaster i've tried to make an opportunity. "john d rokerfeller"

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Apr 24 2011, 9:50am

Post #13 of 155 (5683 views)
Shortcut
His twitter acount, [In reply to] Can't Post

...where he drops some lines about this. No details yet though

http://twitter.com/#!/robertkazinsky

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Apr 24 2011, 10:12am

Post #14 of 155 (5560 views)
Shortcut
I have become freinds with B.O.B. on Facebook [In reply to] Can't Post

He is an actor with extensive work in New Zealand. I have viewed some of his work and he would be a good choice for a Dwarf. I would wish him good luck.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Tom at The Barrow

(This post was edited by Kangi Ska on Apr 24 2011, 10:12am)

lurtz2010
Rohan

Apr 24 2011, 10:26am

Post #15 of 155 (5813 views)
Shortcut
is it possible he just got lazy? [In reply to] Can't Post

and couldn't be bothered with the hard work of filming the movies anymore?

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Apr 24 2011, 10:31am

Post #16 of 155 (5712 views)
Shortcut
I am shocked [In reply to] Can't Post

what would lead you to say such a thing? There must be something really huge that happened in this man's life to let go of such an opportunity.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Tom at The Barrow

Runk Snusgrop
Rivendell

Apr 24 2011, 10:31am

Post #17 of 155 (5499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [In reply to] Can't Post

What ever made you think that?

He seemed as energetic and enthusiastic as anyone.

(This post was edited by Runk Snusgrop on Apr 24 2011, 10:31am)

DrDeath153
Lorien

Apr 24 2011, 10:33am

Post #18 of 155 (5476 views)
Shortcut
Damn. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's stating the obvious to say this is a horrible shock, and all the more for the as yet unknown underlying reasons for his departure- they would have to be pretty severe for him to call an end to something that has not just taken 6 months of preparation but also would provide him with a once in a lifetime job opportunity and a huge boost to his profile. Although it's not good taste to speculate on the source of his tragedy before he is ready (if he ever will be) to reveal it himself, you can't help but wonder what it must be for him to surrender this opportunity entirely, something that could not be covered by a period of leave

Whatever the case though, he is a sad loss to the project, possibly the most enthusiastic of all the actors involved and a truly promising talent. I don't really know what else to say to be honest- i just wish him the very best of luck when circumstance allows him to return to the fray.

Dr Death

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Apr 24 2011, 10:34am)

Welsh hero
Gondor

Apr 24 2011, 10:42am

Post #19 of 155 (5619 views)
Shortcut
It's more likely a family member has died [In reply to] Can't Post

Twitter: @IrfonPennant

farmer maggot
Rivendell

Apr 24 2011, 10:48am

Post #20 of 155 (5652 views)
Shortcut
Agreed 100%, a true LOTR geek with a once in a lifetime opportunity [In reply to] Can't Post

We may be proved wrong but I think only something bad, probably very bad can have caused this disaster (his words) for him. Let's hope it isn't something truly tragic and wish him luck. Rest assured that the UK press will be all over this to find out as we speak!

Bound
Rohan

Apr 24 2011, 10:50am

Post #21 of 155 (5521 views)
Shortcut
No one knows... [In reply to] Can't Post

No one knows why he has left. He might have some family emergency at home. He might be suffering from severe homesickness, he might be sick, he might be anything. The truth is, right now, no one knows but don't go around making assumptions.

lurtz2010
Rohan

Apr 24 2011, 10:56am

Post #22 of 155 (5611 views)
Shortcut
no disrespect [In reply to] Can't Post

Does sound pretty bad doesn't it if it's actually a death or something. mods can delete the post. I remember in the press conference vid he seemed the most enthusiastic and was saying TH was "THE movie"... I thought he was the best of the new cast so far

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 24 2011, 11:02am

Post #23 of 155 (5396 views)
Shortcut
That's really sad... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but whatever the reason, I hope he's OK and things will sort themselves out for him.

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Apr 24 2011, 11:12am

Post #24 of 155 (5514 views)
Shortcut
That's terrible! :( [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel for the guy tremendously. The good news seems to be that it doesn't affect filming, but I do wonder how they make this work with the unexpected party? Do they just edit out Rob and replace him with another actor filmed quickly? Should be interesting to see the developments in the coming days. The only logistical thing that seems like it would be a problem, is that the new actor wouldn't have the months of training that Rob has had...

"I'm just a happy camper! Rockin' and a-rollin!"

(This post was edited by Maiarmike on Apr 24 2011, 11:15am)

DrDeath153
Lorien

Apr 24 2011, 11:51am

Post #25 of 155 (5477 views)
Shortcut
Well there's the prosthetic issue too [In reply to] Can't Post

Unlike Aragorn who could pretty much just slip into costume (unless they actually completely reworked it following his casting) and act, the actor has to be cast, go to new-zealand, get a head cast, have the prosthetics worked out (though they will probably reuse as much of the Fili make-up as possible), get fitted and kitted with minimal fight training (that was another of the great advantages of Rob Kazinsky- he did know his way around a sword) and then and only then be able to join the dwarven cast. While none of those things will slow down the juggernaut of production too much, it is quite a significant amount of prep-work to suddenly have to redo in the midst of filming and production.

The other option, and one that's been used countless times when dealing with twins in films is simply to cast one actor and replicate them. Depending on how similar the look of Fili and Kili is that could be achieved either by pure identical replication, or given that these are dwarves we're talking about, a few judicious alterations to Aidan Turner's look to double as Fili too. This i'd actually consider to be the most respectful way to deal with Rob Kazinsky's departure since it would mean he wouldn't have to spend the rest of his life knowing that some johnny come-lately got to finish off his 'big break', it would just be his already established, trained and hopefully good mate Aidan Turner, who would have got the break even without his departure.

Dr Death

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.