Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Bond of Blood Train
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Elven
Valinor

Oct 3 2010, 2:02am

Post #26 of 45 (687 views)
Shortcut
I think GdT gave more clues than anyone ... [In reply to] Can't Post

to what was going on Wink without revealing too much.
He had to shut up at one stage and gave the wonderful explaination that Warners have snipers following him Cool

Be what it may, we are having some good discussions on the board, and we have been under trial with these films.
Some geeky speculations at the moment isn't damaging my enthusiasm, and there will come a time when the movies are so locked down and secretive (beyond what they are now), that when we look back at all of this - after the dust has settled - we will remember the great threads and the great times we had leading up to getting these movies made - the people - their opinions - all the hopes of other sibs to just be a part of all this beautiful experience.

I wouldn't want anyone to fall foul of giving out too much information and jeopardise their chances due to contracts - so keeping secrets close to your heart and your integrity in tact - the facts will soon come to light.

... and Sir DennisC, this wasn't aimed at your opinion, your post was a good place to put this Smile

Cheers
Elven
Smile

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 3 2010, 6:52am

Post #27 of 45 (670 views)
Shortcut
Honestly [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not looking for the guy to dish, especially if it would go against an agreement he may have signed. All we've really seen so far is a lot of trolling for support (such as this thread) and incredulity at its absence. I support anyone who has a real desire and a shot at being a part of this film and even moreso anyone the casting director has already selected. But the condescending, at times threatening (in a post I saw since deleted) tone is a bit off putting is all. Not what we're used to from an insider I guess.Unsure

Yes I remember GDT calling himself the Bean Spiller. Obviously someone tried to rein him in at one point. That was fun.Evil

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Oct 3 2010, 6:55am)

Hellmistress
Lorien

Oct 3 2010, 6:58am

Post #28 of 45 (658 views)
Shortcut
G ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is known for his teasing, bless his cuddly soul. Wink

HM

In Reply To

Yes I remember GDT calling himself the Bean Spiller. Obviously someone tried to rein him in at one point. That was fun.Evil

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Oct 3 2010, 7:24am

Post #29 of 45 (633 views)
Shortcut
Only B-O-B knows and nearly only B-O-B ...// [In reply to] Can't Post

( ) In 3-D with the One Ring on.

Heaven is almost here.

Photobucket

Elven
Valinor

Oct 3 2010, 8:02am

Post #30 of 45 (648 views)
Shortcut
Cuddly Soul ... [In reply to] Can't Post

that is uber cute HM Laugh

merlwynd
Rivendell

Oct 3 2010, 8:48am

Post #31 of 45 (660 views)
Shortcut
im bowing out [In reply to] Can't Post

Catchya later TORNers. Been a wonderful thrill ride - I now must bow out.....adieu!!!!
...to coin a very appropriate phrase from GDT and within a previous post in this thread.......the snipers are closing in on me. I must fly - bye!

MERLWYND
Bard's case to Thorin

(This post was edited by merlwynd on Oct 3 2010, 8:51am)

Hellmistress
Lorien

Oct 3 2010, 9:36am

Post #32 of 45 (635 views)
Shortcut
Well ... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
that is uber cute HM Laugh

... *shrugs helplessly* ... he is. Laugh Laugh

HM

(This post was edited by Hellmistress on Oct 3 2010, 9:36am)

Woodyend
Gondor

Oct 3 2010, 4:03pm

Post #33 of 45 (598 views)
Shortcut
Humm.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
cluttering up this site with this silly stupid games. I don't know who BoB is; I don't care who BoB is. What does this have to do with the Hobbit movies???????

So was Bilbo’s riddles in the dark just another silly game? I think not.

Face it Shadowdog, "You fell victim to one of the classic plunders. The first is never get involved in a land in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this. Never go up against a Sicillian when death is on the line!!! He hah hah hah hah ha hah...."

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Hellmistress
Lorien

Oct 3 2010, 4:49pm

Post #34 of 45 (577 views)
Shortcut
And ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... you should never trust a man in a mask. Or a Sicilian, especially when you're unemployed in Greenland. Or be a six-fingered man who killed the father of Inigo Montoya. For that, you should prepare to die ...

HM

In Reply To

In Reply To
cluttering up this site with this silly stupid games. I don't know who BoB is; I don't care who BoB is. What does this have to do with the Hobbit movies???????

So was Bilbo’s riddles in the dark just another silly game? I think not.

Face it Shadowdog, "You fell victim to one of the classic plunders. The first is never get involved in a land in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this. Never go up against a Sicillian when death is on the line!!! He hah hah hah hah ha hah...."

(This post was edited by Hellmistress on Oct 3 2010, 4:50pm)

Tim
Tol Eressea

Oct 3 2010, 5:08pm

Post #35 of 45 (567 views)
Shortcut
This whole site is really kinda a silly stupid game... [In reply to] Can't Post

...or those of us hopelessly addicted to Tolkien and the movies. Cool

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Oct 3 2010, 5:48pm

Post #36 of 45 (549 views)
Shortcut
The first is never get involved in a land war in Asia [In reply to] Can't Post

a land war in Asia

Kangi Ska

The Hobbit is almost here.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.

Photobucket

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Oct 3 2010, 7:34pm

Post #37 of 45 (570 views)
Shortcut
Please delete this thread... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Catchya later TORNers. Been a wonderful thrill ride - I now must bow out.....adieu!!!!
...to coin a very appropriate phrase from GDT and within a previous post in this thread.......the snipers are closing in on me. I must fly - bye!

I did not start it or ask for this unwanted attention.

Thanks.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Oct 3 2010, 7:50pm

Post #38 of 45 (558 views)
Shortcut
May your aim (not their's) be true. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is my sincerest hope that you land an audition... everyone deserves at least a chance to follow their dreams. Failing that, I hope you are able to put your ample experience behind the cameras (set design I think?) to good use on the production instead. In many ways, working behind the cameras can be more fruitful and gratifying than working in front of them... or at the very least less fleeting.

What ever happens, take care and keep smiling.

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 4 2010, 3:35am

Post #39 of 45 (508 views)
Shortcut
Just as a general FYI [In reply to] Can't Post

In practice, threads are only deleted by the Admins by request if: 1) the request comes from the person that started the thread and, 2) there are few, to no, replies. Otherwise, other people's conversations are deleted along with the subject thread which isn't really fair to everyone who took the time to post in the thread.

So, in this case, we would only consider deleting the entire thread if merlwynd requested it (which he hasn't) and if there weren't already a number of replies and sub-threads that had developed from the original post.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Oct 4 2010, 11:00am

Post #40 of 45 (499 views)
Shortcut
About Bob [In reply to] Can't Post

He said he will be in a soon to be released movie... He is right actually... it's a movie in 3d and it is coming to theatres end of this year.

If this guy is real (no offense BOB:)), he wants to work for free for PJ. I wonder if his agent knows this.. ;)

Sorry, I'm not following the BOB threads.. I thought he said somewhere he was doing make-ups tests? A beard?

(This post was edited by RaoulJ on Oct 4 2010, 11:06am)

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Oct 5 2010, 10:08am

Post #41 of 45 (469 views)
Shortcut
Not quite... detective! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
He said he will be in a soon to be released movie... He is right actually... it's a movie in 3d and it is coming to theatres end of this year.

If this guy is real (no offense BOB:)), he wants to work for free for PJ. I wonder if his agent knows this.. ;)

Sorry, I'm not following the BOB threads.. I thought he said somewhere he was doing make-ups tests? A beard?

I've never said I WANTED to work for free..... only that I would for the sake of the New Zealand Film Industry. (I owe such a debt of gratitude to my adoptive country).

Wink

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Oct 5 2010, 10:46am

Post #42 of 45 (435 views)
Shortcut
I'm sorry.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Good thing you succeeded in your 'quest' to star in TH. Do you have a big role or something like your role in 'the bear-movie'?

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Oct 5 2010, 10:56am

Post #43 of 45 (450 views)
Shortcut
I think you are mocking me...sir! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Good thing you succeeded in your 'quest' to star in TH. Do you have a big role or something like your role in 'the bear-movie'?

I never said confirmed I have succeeded, nor have I claimed a starring role.

I have merely said that I auditioned for one of the 13... but being an unknown I would gladly accept a minor role if offered.

Please don't mock or act smug that you have worked out who I am... its not very becoming.

BoB

Tongue

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Oct 5 2010, 12:53pm

Post #44 of 45 (438 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry... I wasn't mocking you. Or your acting. I was merely asking what kind of role you had in TH, as I was under the impression that you had succeeded.

In one of your posts I read that you were having make-ups tests.. Maybe I misunderstood..?

You did however imply that you knew what was going on in the TH-camp. You even stated that you had a conversation with Sir McKellen. Sorry if I just took the wrong conclusions

edit - Oh, and maybe the not-saying-what-movie-it-was, did make you think that I was mocking.. I just wasn't sure if I could say who you were...

(This post was edited by RaoulJ on Oct 5 2010, 12:55pm)

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Oct 5 2010, 3:25pm

Post #45 of 45 (593 views)
Shortcut
Thats ok.... its cool... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just a but touchy as since this thread has been started (by another poster who knows who I am) ive just been feeling uncomfortable with all the unwanted attention.

I honestly don't mind if folks work out who I am now.... but I don't want to directy discuss my involvement due to signing an agreement with New Line. So dropping cryptic clues and riddles from time to time is all I will allow myself to do at this stage.

I'm a busy, working NZ actor with several smaller projects keeping me busy until we (and I) get the green light on which character I will be playing. But I have as much right to be RUMOURED on IMDB as McCoy, Freeman and Gwilliam.

Thanks for taking the to work out from my clues/riddles who I am though... I hope it was fun as it was meant to be? Cool

BoB

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.