Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TORn History Scavenger Hunt : Special Halloween Edition

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 26 2009, 4:05am

Views: 621
Shortcut
TORn History Scavenger Hunt : Special Halloween Edition Can't Post

And yet there lie in Denethor's hoards many records that few now can read, even of the lore-masters,
for their scripts and tongues have become dark to later men.

Warning! This Special Edition Scavenger Hunt is for the stout-hearted only!

This weeks hunt involves 10 links. At the end of each link lies a spooky, scary, eerie, disturbing or just plain Halloweeny image residing in TORn' Scrapbook. Normally, visiting TORn's Scrapbook is a fun, lighthearted venture. But not today. Today... the way is as dark as the Paths of the Dead.

Your task, should you take it on, will be to visit these links and return (if you can) to tell us what lies on the other side. Double points will be given for witty answers. But I don't suggest you visit them. No, I don't (do I, precious?). I suggest you back out of this thread as quickly as Farmer Maggot's dog backed away from that Black Rider. He was smart.

Are you?

For those who just won't listen, here are the links.

1. This link is beyond any of you. Run!
  2. Fly you fools!
  3. What madness would drive you in there?
  4. Leave now and never come back!
  5. Flee! Flee for your lives!
  6. Dark have been the links of late.
  7. None who venture here ever return. This link is evil
  8. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
  9. You are naked in the dark with no veil between you and the wheel of fire!
  10. Don't follow the link!

You have been warned!

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Subject User Time
TORn History Scavenger Hunt : Special Halloween Edition Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 26 2009, 4:05am
    special thanks for #6 ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 26 2009, 8:20am
        really funny:D great job! Deni Send a private message to Deni Oct 26 2009, 2:05pm
    This sort of thing? Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Oct 26 2009, 3:18pm
        My favorite is 10 Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 26 2009, 3:43pm
    There are older and fouler things dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Oct 26 2009, 11:25pm
        Again, I have to go with 9 and 10 as my favorites! // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 26 2009, 11:32pm
    spooky... batik Send a private message to batik Oct 27 2009, 12:51am
        LOL. 9 and 10 are just too good to fail on, aren't they. But I love 6, too! Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 27 2009, 2:07am
    Ha! Thanks for the scary fun! weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 27 2009, 11:41pm
        well, all I can say is... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 28 2009, 2:08am
    Tip toes into the challenge vial in hand.... fairelvenlady Send a private message to fairelvenlady Oct 28 2009, 2:26am
        LOL at #5 Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 28 2009, 4:21am
    I'm hoping most of you know what the Halloween connection is for #4 Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 28 2009, 4:23am
        well, now that I've had my coffee.... weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 28 2009, 1:39pm
            No Three Musketeers in the bowl. How about... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 28 2009, 11:51pm
                That'll do...and besides... weaver Send a private message to weaver Oct 29 2009, 1:56am
        ummm... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Oct 28 2009, 4:38pm
            Since you got one Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 28 2009, 11:54pm
    Can't .... resist .... wasting ..... time ..... thinking .... of ..... captions.... NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Oct 28 2009, 3:46pm
        Those are all good but I chortled pretty hard at ... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 28 2009, 11:56pm
    *puts on invisibility cloak* I'll risk it ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Oct 28 2009, 4:31pm
        #8 is just precious! // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 28 2009, 11:58pm
    Medallions - open when finished with the hunt Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Oct 30 2009, 5:03pm
        Thank you! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Nov 1 2009, 1:11pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.