The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
The Beatles Get Back....a new Trilogy!

Glaurung63
Lorien

Dec 4 2021, 2:53am

Post #1 of 8 (1157 views)
Shortcut
The Beatles Get Back....a new Trilogy! Can't Post

I just finished watching this and am blown away....tears...the Beatles wanted to make a movie of LOTR and Tolkien said no. Now Peter makes the definitive movie of the Let It Be footage. My fan worlds collide and it is all good.

He made it a Trilogy!

He had a Prolog....the backstory of the Beatles leading up to the moment of the Let It Be sessions....then the innocent hobbits sitting around in chairs making up songs...thereís a Fellowship, then a TT, and finally an ROTK where the Beatles perform on the roof which became history....legend....myth....

We all know what happened but PJ made it fresh, I was hanging on every scene....frustration when the band was, elated when they were....

What a labor of Love, and the Beatles used the word Love in many of their songs....

I will watch this over and over....so many scenes to process...but what I want to let you know is that PJ, in telling his story of these sessions, really letís you see the Love these four guys from Liverpool had for each other....they had egos, there were hurt feelings, they were different people in the late 60ís than in 64....

Wow....just watch!!

(This post was edited by Glaurung63 on Dec 4 2021, 2:59am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 4 2021, 1:55pm

Post #2 of 8 (1099 views)
Shortcut
*wails in despair!!!* [In reply to] Can't Post

I WANT TO GET BACK!!!!!

I've been waiting for this for so long; but the decision to go to Disney+ streaming has locked me out until/unless it goes to DVD. I have Dish satellite, and they don't subscribe to Disney. It's not available for me. I don't know anyone who has Disney+ that I could watch 6 hours of what demands quiet attention. The only one I know who does have it I could approach hates the Beatles (from Uranus, no doubt).

I can't wait to see it :D I've been watching Peter in interviews about it, and I sorely miss seeing him chuckle when he's talking about something he loves... and he adores the Beatles. Can you imagine that all of this would have been lost forever (not just 50 years) if it wasn't for Peter? He's still our Wizard :D

*keeps eye out for DVD announcement*

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2021, 4:59pm

Post #3 of 8 (1018 views)
Shortcut
no access for me either (in US) [In reply to] Can't Post

How about our friends across the water ... either one?

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 6 2021, 2:45am

Post #4 of 8 (991 views)
Shortcut
Gotta get you two over to my house. [In reply to] Can't Post

I finally succumbed to a Disney+ subscription earlier this year.

Got a couple of spare beds, if you can make the drive! Smile

(I haven't watched it yet, got too many volunteer obligations to get out of the way first...maybe in a week...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 6 2021, 1:54pm

Post #5 of 8 (977 views)
Shortcut
*twitch* Tempting! [In reply to] Can't Post

The 3 of us could do it justice, fersher!!!

Shortly after the dvd release of the extended DVDs, ScoutB, Auxerre and I gathered for a LotR Marathon Moot a couple of times and it was so much fun! Our collection of foods and drinks would do Fiesta proud :D

I'm just hoping they'll have a dvd or blu-ray release of Get Back. I don't think Peter would take it quietly if he knew of all the Beatles fans who wanted to see this would be denied because of Disney's Hold Back.

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

Ettelewen
Rohan

Dec 7 2021, 12:52am

Post #6 of 8 (967 views)
Shortcut
I am SOOOOO looking forward to seeing this... [In reply to] Can't Post

If it's ever released on DVD. No Disney+ here. Tongue

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Dec 7 2021, 5:16am

Post #7 of 8 (955 views)
Shortcut
Or rent a Lear jet [In reply to] Can't Post

What's your nearest airport?

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Jan 11, 3:50am

Post #8 of 8 (396 views)
Shortcut
So have you watched it yet? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.