Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Andy Serkis as Gollum confirmed

Gethsemane
The Shire

Apr 28 2008, 2:42am

Views: 1525
Shortcut
Andy Serkis as Gollum confirmed Can't Post

Probably not hot news a such, particularly after Guillermo 90% confirmed to Xoanon in his recent interview that

I had the most charming meeting with Sir Ian, and all bureaucracy pending, hes on board, as is Andy Serkis.

However even after the above statement Andy's US and UK PR contacts wouldn't confirm the above, that's until now. Wink I noticed Andy had updated his website earlier with this wonderful bit of news.

http://www.serkis.com/cinema.htm

THE HOBBIT
Director: Guillermo del Toro
Role: Gollum

Tbh i never doubted Andy's involvement in the Hobbit. I've always thought he deserved every bit of acknowledgment he was given for his part in the creation of Gollum, in fact i thought he deserved the Oscar for best supporting actor! But that said, i've a similar opinion for various members of the cast. I sometimes feel the high Level of acting ability on display in LOTR is something not always noted. Maybe that's acknowledgement in itself....

Still its good to have it confirmed from Mr precious himself! Damn it's been a good couple of days for this old dreamer.

it's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end

(This post was edited by Gethsemane on Apr 28 2008, 2:49am)

Subject User Time
Andy Serkis as Gollum confirmed Gethsemane Send a private message to Gethsemane Apr 28 2008, 2:42am
    More amazing news .. Elven Send a private message to Elven Apr 28 2008, 3:05am
        agreed Gethsemane Send a private message to Gethsemane Apr 28 2008, 3:20am
    Re/ Tampa Phil Send a private message to Tampa Phil Apr 28 2008, 3:15am
    Nice! Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Apr 28 2008, 3:17am
    And here we freakin' go again. Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Apr 28 2008, 3:21am
        "Fanboys" indeed! ShadoFaxs Send a private message to ShadoFaxs Apr 28 2008, 3:39am
    Yesssssssss Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Apr 28 2008, 3:38am
    Thank Goodness!! Elenedhel Send a private message to Elenedhel Apr 28 2008, 3:42am
        same here^^ Deni Send a private message to Deni Apr 28 2008, 1:40pm
    *wild applause* Confirmation is always good! I agree grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 28 2008, 8:58am
        I'd not thought of that ! Huan71 Send a private message to Huan71 Apr 28 2008, 9:33am
            I agree with you about sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Apr 28 2008, 2:31pm
            Your "gig" is perfect! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 28 2008, 2:31pm
                Thought i'd have to join in.. Huan71 Send a private message to Huan71 Apr 28 2008, 11:18pm
                    Sadly, I came to TORn after grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 29 2008, 12:15am
                        Same here gramma ... Slayer_Of_Orcs Send a private message to Slayer_Of_Orcs Apr 29 2008, 1:10am
                            Quality Acting Gethsemane Send a private message to Gethsemane Apr 29 2008, 5:59am
                        An intresting slant Huan71 Send a private message to Huan71 Apr 29 2008, 11:44am
                            It was just like this grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 29 2008, 2:34pm
                                It wasn't QUITE that intense for me.. Huan71 Send a private message to Huan71 Apr 30 2008, 12:01am
    Giddy-up! Slayer_Of_Orcs Send a private message to Slayer_Of_Orcs Apr 29 2008, 1:09am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.