First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Nienna
Rohan

Apr 25 2008, 12:05am

Post #26 of 207 (26760 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to New Zealand [In reply to] Can't Post

We look forward to your company in NZ!!
I do hope you share lots of things with us. P l e a s e stay in touch!
Congratulations and the very best of wishes for the next four years.

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Apr 25 2008, 12:15am

Post #27 of 207 (26935 views)
Shortcut
Bless you! [In reply to] Can't Post

May you receive many unexpected blessings along the way in the journey which you are about to undertake. May the benefits that you reap surpass anything you could have imagined at the start. May you find your life as enhanced in more-than-gold as Bilbo's was by the end of his own tale. And may you get the gold, too, of course!

My website http://www.dreamdeer.grailmedia.com offers fanfic, and message-boards regarding intentional community or faerie exploration.

snapcotton
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 12:19am

Post #28 of 207 (26627 views)
Shortcut
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so happy to know that you will be bring those words to life.

Many, many thanks!!!

merklynn
Lorien

Apr 25 2008, 12:22am

Post #29 of 207 (25710 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the community! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the board Guillermo! After a months of thinking about having you as director I've found myself unashamedly celebrating like a lunatic. I am very excited to see how you plan to depict the spiders and Smaug, and of course bringing Middle Earth back to life again for the fans. Please know that I am behind you all the way.

I'll be going to see Hellboy 2 as soon as its out.

P.S. please consider Martin Freeman for Bilbo. LOL

DiveTwin
Rohan

Apr 25 2008, 12:26am

Post #30 of 207 (26721 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

Couldn't be happier to have you be the director, Guillermo. I am confident you'll have as much fun making this movie as we will enjoy just hearing about the progress towards what should be two terrific movies. That you're working closely with the original team (Peter, Fran and Phillipa), moving to New Zealand for four years and responded very honestly about your thoughts regarding these films brings great credibility to the gigantic fan base for these movies. Welcome to the wonderful world of Tolkien, Mr. Del Toro....

Quickbeam

Apr 25 2008, 12:27am

Post #31 of 207 (26409 views)
Shortcut
In so small an act can the hand of destiny be changed ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Guillermo -- give 'em hell kiddo! And congrats on everything.

Thanks VERY much for coming to us to share the news!

To everyone else -- great to see you again.

I sense many exciting new things just around the corner.....

Much too hasty,
"Quickbeam"
Cliff Broadway

-------------------------------------------
"I dream myself alive."

ExNihilo

Apr 25 2008, 12:28am

Post #32 of 207 (27840 views)
Shortcut
The doorway to dreams just opened... [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome aboard Guillermo!

I've been crossing my fingers for it to happen ever since your name was mentioned and today comes as a relief for me and many others.

I wasn't sure about the future of "The Hobbit" when it was announced that Peter couldn't direct due to other commitments. After all, he is the man who drove the whole trilogy from initial skepticism when it was first announced (and despite my longtime admiration for his early movies, I was among the skeptics!) to just plain awe when he delivered the movies unto the world.

I never dared to confront my "dreams" about the book to the dry reality of pictures and sounds, and yet I immediately got the class of feelings that belong to dreams when I stood in front of the silver screen.

And I believe that's exactly why you fit perfectly as the director for those two new movies. While I'm not fond of all your previous movies, I always noticed how dedicated you were to your work, how every details were fleshed out and each movie had its own soul. That's something highly respectable in nowadays volatile industry, where movies become more like products than art.

Furthermore, I value "El Espinazo del diablo" and "El Laberinto del fauno" as masterpieces of their own, perfect kaleidoscopes of fairy-tales and the bleak reality of our world. I am confident you will succeed in your new quest and overcome all the difficulties that lay ahead.

All my good luck wishes to you! And if you ever come to doubt the value of your choices regarding the movies, don't forget to refer to good old Professor Tolkien and his writings for advices. Let the books guide you to the world of dreams... Most of the riddles you will have to solve in your forthcoming work, were already solved by him ! (And no, I'm not talking about that riddle game thingie in a deep dark cave ;-)

Greetings from France,

Wilfried

_V_
Lorien

Apr 25 2008, 12:31am

Post #33 of 207 (27709 views)
Shortcut
will you have moderated Q&A? [In reply to] Can't Post

"Nevertheless, the powers of red tape extended the process for hours and days longer."

indeed.

Will Mr. Del Toro ever have Q&A with the site?

What about stuff he's not sure about? I mean we've been analyzing this stuff for years.

by which I mean: one of the things that stands out for me is that Peter Jackson himself said in the DVD commentary "I had absolutely no idea what an Ent should look like". And he got really worried that it would be a nightmare, but then a Weta guy just jumped in and had a sketch which was EXACTLY what they ended up using in the films;

more importantly, should we do a "straw poll" of the audience asking what prequel scenes we'd like in the Appendix movie? by which I mean: I myself would like to see a few scenes showing the backstory of the Rohan characters, Theoden, Eowyn, Eomer: but some people never even think of this. Will they include backstory stuff like that?

THANK YOU, Mr. Del Toro! Elen sila lumenn, omentilvo!

And remember, in the words of Sam Gamgee's gaffer, the hardest job is the one that's not started yet!

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game"

Formerly known on TORN as "Draug the Unspeakably Violent"

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Apr 25 2008, 12:31am

Post #34 of 207 (25781 views)
Shortcut
This is very exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome and good luck!

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 12:33am

Post #35 of 207 (25173 views)
Shortcut
How wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking forward to the ride!!!!

Brass_Ring
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 12:36am

Post #36 of 207 (26103 views)
Shortcut
wonderful news [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats!!! Boy would I love to send you some great reading material. But alas, I fear it will never be.

Can't wait until Hellboy 2, it looks amazing!

Quickbeam

Apr 25 2008, 12:37am

Post #37 of 207 (26737 views)
Shortcut
Yes that is actually a nice serendipity [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Grammaboodawg, I just love your T.I.M.E. feature Cool

Much too hasty,
Quickbeam

-------------------------------------------
"I dream myself alive."

ArathornJax
Lorien

Apr 25 2008, 12:37am

Post #38 of 207 (25552 views)
Shortcut
Welcome and go get em! [In reply to] Can't Post

When are you moving to New Zealand?

" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that counts."

J.R.R. Tolkien in his 6 October 1940 letter to his son Michael Tolkien.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2008, 12:38am

Post #39 of 207 (25812 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's wonderful having you on board - both on board The Hobbit, and on these boards!

And you know that if there's ever anything this community can do to help out, just give us a post! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 12:39am

Post #40 of 207 (26649 views)
Shortcut
thank you thank you!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yay!!!!! if it's ok- *hug!!*
YES!!! I'm so happy!! I'm SO looking forward to everything coming up!!! LaughLaughLaughLaugh
thanks a whole bunch!! *yay!*

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Apr 25 2008, 2:46am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2008, 12:40am

Post #41 of 207 (25739 views)
Shortcut
OMG! It's a sign! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

PipeSmoke
The Shire

Apr 25 2008, 12:42am

Post #42 of 207 (26203 views)
Shortcut
Sweet [In reply to] Can't Post

Awesome news indeed, very glad to have you direction Guillermo. I can't say I've seen a ton of your movies but, big fan of Hellboy and eagerly anticipating it's sequel. I think The Hobbit is in great hands and I can't wait to see what you guys make of it.

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 12:43am

Post #43 of 207 (25268 views)
Shortcut
And there was much rejoicing!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's Frodo?

hatster
Rohan

Apr 25 2008, 12:44am

Post #44 of 207 (25992 views)
Shortcut
Oh my! do you think you can stand the madness around here? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure whether to say congrats, thanks or welcome! How about all three?

I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don't know where I am; and I don't want to know, if only I can get away.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Apr 25 2008, 12:46am

Post #45 of 207 (24758 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

Big congratulations, Mr. Del Toro. I cannot wait to see what you do with the film(s?) :)

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 25 2008, 12:51am

Post #46 of 207 (26269 views)
Shortcut
*GASP!* OMG!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*flying-tackle hug* NOW I'm in full hyperventilation! OMG! I'm SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!

You have been on my mind SO MUCH as all of this has been going on! It just wouldn't be the same without you here :D

Now I'm sated. You have been missed :D

HI!!!!!

I want a full report on your spin of ALL OF THIS!

*runs to greenbooks!*

HI!!!!!!!! :D

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Kyriel
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2008, 12:52am

Post #47 of 207 (25984 views)
Shortcut
*throws confetti, blows horn, shoots off fireworks* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hooray! I am absolutely delighted to have you at the helm of The Hobbit. I can't wait to see what you do with the story. Thanks so very much for sharing your news personally with our humble little community! Smile

Those left standing will make millions writing books on the way it should have been. --Incubus

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 25 2008, 12:56am

Post #48 of 207 (26940 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations, sir! [In reply to] Can't Post

All the best of luck to you and the entire team! I'm sure you know how excited we all are. No pressure, though Wink.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

_V_
Lorien

Apr 25 2008, 12:58am

Post #49 of 207 (26103 views)
Shortcut
Then ice cream and strawberries WE SHALL HAVE!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I CAN"T WAIT FOR THE ACTION FIGURE LINE TO BE RESTARTED!!!

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game"

Formerly known on TORN as "Draug the Unspeakably Violent"

StillCrazy
Bree

Apr 25 2008, 1:00am

Post #50 of 207 (27236 views)
Shortcut
YES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations GDT!
So glad this is being done!
This made my day!

Travelin' Fool

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.