Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New LEGO Bot5A sets - potential spoilers!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Náron the Dwarf
The Shire

Aug 12 2014, 10:50pm

Post #1 of 32 (6992 views)
Shortcut
New LEGO Bot5A sets - potential spoilers! Can't Post

Images of three LEGO sets based upon TBot5A have found their way to the internet. Here they are:

79105: Witch-King Battle

This to me is the most interesting of the three in terms of spoiler-y stuff. It looks like the Witch-King will appear in the film in his "Twilight" form, perhaps to battle the White Council. Also, Galadriel appears to be holding either Nenya or the Light of Eärendil, and seems to have glowing eyes.

Next up:
79016: Attack on Laketown

Nothing too new here. I think that this set is mainly based upon DOS, but with scenery from Bot5A. Bard's face appears to be smudged with either soot or Orc blood.

And lastly,
79017: The Battle of the Five Armies

It looks like the Orcs will be bringing a ballista to the battle. Azog and Thorin are dueling in Dale, and you can see Dain Ironfoot (I think) in the bottom right corner.

I'm definitely looking forward to picking these up when they come out. Post your thoughts and speculations below! Smile

My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/...s/automatonpictures/

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Aug 12 2014, 11:31pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 12 2014, 10:54pm

Post #2 of 32 (4131 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are all going to be bought by me.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Aug 12 2014, 11:06pm

Post #3 of 32 (4129 views)
Shortcut
They look so epic!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Really can't wait to pick these up!!! They look amazing!

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Aranaes
Rivendell

Aug 12 2014, 11:10pm

Post #4 of 32 (4124 views)
Shortcut
Elrond [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks to me like Elrond is fighting skeletons? Could this mean Sauron necromances the skeletons back to life to fight ala Jason and the Argonauts style? Not sure if I wanna see that too much. Makes me think of The Mummy.
And is that a little fireball?

'And I name you elf-friend and blessed. May your shadow never grow less (or stealing would be too easy)!'

(This post was edited by Aranaes on Aug 12 2014, 11:13pm)

Shagrat
Gondor

Aug 12 2014, 11:24pm

Post #5 of 32 (4089 views)
Shortcut
Orc Ballista/Eagles [In reply to] Can't Post

I had been thinking how sad it would be seeing an Eagle or two being brought down by Orc missiles as the battle turns really sour, just before Beorn arrives. Perhaps this is an indication that we'll see something like that.

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Aug 12 2014, 11:46pm

Post #6 of 32 (4134 views)
Shortcut
Mystery character [In reply to] Can't Post

Who is that short, ginger haired, eye patched character climbing on the roof (and the first on in the box in the bottom right) on the attack on lake town box?

"Durin's Heir you may be, but even with one eye you should see clearer. If this is victory, then our hands are too small to hold it. We will not enter Khazad-dum. You will not enter Khazad-dum. Beyond the shadow of the gate it waits for you still: Durin’s Bane. The world must change and some other power than ours must come before Durin’s Folk walk again in Moria.”

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Aug 12 2014, 11:51pm

Post #7 of 32 (4114 views)
Shortcut
Witch-king battle eh? Sweet! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a scene that'll be quite intense and positively awesome! Can't wait wait to see Galadriel in battle mode!! This'll be epic!!!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

Faleel
Rohan

Aug 12 2014, 11:52pm

Post #8 of 32 (4056 views)
Shortcut
.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps the Laketown spy? ;0

(This post was edited by Faleel on Aug 12 2014, 11:54pm)

tsmith675
Gondor

Aug 13 2014, 12:12am

Post #9 of 32 (4034 views)
Shortcut
I thought it was Bain. [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't notice the eyepatch though. Not sure...

Our destiny lies above us.

Aranaes
Rivendell

Aug 13 2014, 12:37am

Post #10 of 32 (4032 views)
Shortcut
If you zoom in... [In reply to] Can't Post

The wording underneath the character in the bottom right corner looks like it could say Bain son of Bard.
I don't think its an eye patch, just floppy hair and shadow. Dunno why he's so ginger though!

'And I name you elf-friend and blessed. May your shadow never grow less (or stealing would be too easy)!'

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 13 2014, 12:43am

Post #11 of 32 (4045 views)
Shortcut
The Galadriel one is great [In reply to] Can't Post

Really nice.

vexx801
Rivendell

Aug 13 2014, 2:45am

Post #12 of 32 (4016 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel [In reply to] Can't Post

There was a poster for An Unexpected Journey of Galadriel holding the Light, so it would certainly make a lot of sense for her to have it there. They may have simply had the prop lying around, and used it due to its associations with Galadriel in Lord of the Rings, but one would think they'd make more use of it. It would also provide a nice link when it turns up again in Fellowship.

(Not sure how to make this clickable):
http://concertposter.org/-2012Nov/Hobbit-Char-Galadriel-drop.jpg

Ereinion Nénharma
Lorien

Aug 13 2014, 6:15am

Post #13 of 32 (3862 views)
Shortcut
Agree... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I just hope they don't make him appear weak (again).

''Do not fear the shadows, for seeing them means light is near...''

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 13 2014, 6:35am

Post #14 of 32 (3892 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't have too many expectations. [In reply to] Can't Post

The previous LEGO sets included things that never turned up in the movies. Off the top of my head, that includes:

- One of the Dwarf rings hidden underneath a stature with a Palantír in Dol Guldur
- Azog's crew throwing missles at the Dwarves in the trees
- Treasure hidden in the pine trees
- Beorn in Dol Guldur

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 13 2014, 6:43am

Post #15 of 32 (3918 views)
Shortcut
Glorfindel's/Galadriel's prophecy: [In reply to] Can't Post

"Do not pursue him! He will not return to this land. Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall."

If Galadriel doesn't speak these words to Elrond, Gandalf, Radagast or Saruman, then I will be surprised!

Spalko
Rivendell

Aug 13 2014, 6:53am

Post #16 of 32 (3857 views)
Shortcut
My same thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
There was a poster for An Unexpected Journey of Galadriel holding the Light, so it would certainly make a lot of sense for her to have it there. They may have simply had the prop lying around, and used it due to its associations with Galadriel in Lord of the Rings, but one would think they'd make more use of it. It would also provide a nice link when it turns up again in Fellowship.

(Not sure how to make this clickable):
http://concertposter.org/-2012Nov/Hobbit-Char-Galadriel-drop.jpg

The first time I saw the poster, I thought that it was a mix of her holding it to make a connection to the other movies and a bit of a spoiler, and when watching the battle between Gandalf and Sauron, when he says: There is no light, Wizard, that can defeat darkness, my first thought was, she is going to use the phial with light of eärendil.

boldog
Rohan

Aug 13 2014, 7:26am

Post #17 of 32 (3860 views)
Shortcut
Thorins armour?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats something i havent seen yet!
In that shot of him and Azog duelling, Thorin is wearing some armour, with what looks like his whole arms exposed. Kind of like the Archilles in Troy.

Could this be a lego inconsistency, or have i got eye problems?Tongue

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

adt100
Rohan

Aug 13 2014, 9:50am

Post #18 of 32 (3836 views)
Shortcut
Amazing that we get such big spoilers from Lego sets as a first source! [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely interesting about the Witch King and Galadriel going 'Nuclear' with Nenya. I was thinking the other day whether we'd see the Witch King, it seems obvious as it has been set up in AUJ and then again in DOS with Gandalf in the High Fells, but I wasn't sure PJ would want to introduce fully him in The Hobbit. Not surprised that Galadriel may use the 'power' of her ring as again it seems unlikely that she'd be using Elrond-esque sword fighting.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 13 2014, 4:09pm

Post #19 of 32 (3615 views)
Shortcut
Beorn in Dol Guldur [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The previous LEGO sets included things that never turned up in the movies. Off the top of my head, that includes:

- One of the Dwarf rings hidden underneath a stature with a Palantír in Dol Guldur
- Azog's crew throwing missles at the Dwarves in the trees
- Treasure hidden in the pine trees
- Beorn in Dol Guldur

That last might still turn out to be a spoiler for TH:BotFA.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Guert
Rivendell

Aug 13 2014, 4:10pm

Post #20 of 32 (3608 views)
Shortcut
Are these lines somehwre in the appendices ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I 'm not sure... so Maybe they don't have the "rights" on this sentence... But they surely will adapt something of the like

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 13 2014, 4:19pm

Post #21 of 32 (3600 views)
Shortcut
It's in Appendix A [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I 'm not sure... so Maybe they don't have the "rights" on this sentence... But they surely will adapt something of the like

"Gondor and the heirs of Anárion". They have the rights to use anything in any of the appendices.

zalmoxis
Bree

Aug 13 2014, 5:17pm

Post #22 of 32 (3615 views)
Shortcut
What...? [In reply to] Can't Post

What is this strange tanklike wheeled vehicle in 79105 supposed to be? It looks like a missile launcher from some cheap Science-fiction movie, IMO. Sadly enough I seem to remember that Jackson mentioned "tanks" in some interview. Will there be an Army of Orcs from outer space?

Faleel
Rohan

Aug 13 2014, 5:19pm

Post #23 of 32 (3585 views)
Shortcut
..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Its a transportable ballista.

(This post was edited by Faleel on Aug 13 2014, 5:19pm)

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 13 2014, 5:28pm

Post #24 of 32 (3543 views)
Shortcut
If you have eye problems I must too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I see what you're seeing.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Aug 13 2014, 7:42pm

Post #25 of 32 (3482 views)
Shortcut
Probably Bain...but look at Dad! [In reply to] Can't Post

Surely that is Bard to the right in the tower, firing a black missile from what looks like the windlance???

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.