Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
One of the spawn of Ungoliant was on my front porch!!!

Eruvandi
Grey Havens

Jun 6, 4:25pm

Views: 452
Shortcut
One of the spawn of Ungoliant was on my front porch!!! Can't Post

So, yesterday evening my mom had gotten home from the store and I went out to help her bring in the groceries, and what do I find laying there on the front porch? This HUGE, brown, dead wolf spider! I am not kidding about it being huge. That things body was about 1 3/4 inches long, not quite as thick as my thumb, and it's sort of stripy, skinny legs had to be at least as long as my pinky finger! On top of that, laying right next to it was a giant, dead centipede, the body of which was fairly short, but of similar thickness to the spider, and of course, there were a whole lot of big, centipede legs.

It was the weirdest thing because they were both just laying there next to each other, totally limp like they had just suddenly dropped dead. They weren't even squished like if someone had stepped on them or mangled like if a bird had caught them and dropped them there or anything. To say the least, I grabbed a stick and poked at them both to make sure they were really dead and thankfully, they were. Of course, by this time my mom was wondering what on earth I was looking at and why I kept dancing around and squealing, "EEEEEWWWWW!!" When I told her what I'd found, I don't think she believed me at first because the look on her face said, "Really?" Then she went up to the porch and looked for herself and yelled, "Oh my goodness, those things are HUGE!!" Then she started dancing around and squealing "EEEEEWWWWW!!" right along with me.Crazy

The only thing we can figure is that, since wolf spiders and centipedes are both poisonous and the larger ones occasionally get in fights, they must have been fighting up there on the porch, bitten each other, and then died where they stood. My mom took an old magazine and pushed their bodies off the porch so we wouldn't have to look at them any more. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares. Gross, icky and double EEEEEWWW!!!Crazy

"When life won't play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway"
~Move by MercyMe

Subject User Time
One of the spawn of Ungoliant was on my front porch!!! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 6, 4:25pm
    EEEEWWWW! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jun 6, 4:34pm
        Eeek!! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 6, 5:31pm
            Guess you haven't seen the Australian huntsman spider? Glassary Send a private message to Glassary Jun 6, 5:47pm
                Arg! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 6, 5:57pm
                my niece lived in Morocco Annael Send a private message to Annael Jun 6, 6:11pm
                    That's the problem. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 6, 6:22pm
                        she said it was the size of a dinner plate. Annael Send a private message to Annael Jun 6, 6:34pm
                            I was on a bus tour in Melbourne Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jun 7, 3:31am
                        They eat mice and chase people?! *eye-twitch*// Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 6, 6:36pm
                            Much preferable than the other way round. / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 6, 8:43pm
    those things can be HUGE Annael Send a private message to Annael Jun 6, 4:42pm
        Yes, yes I have. Ew! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 6, 5:22pm
    They were 2 of the minatures for King Kong, and Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jun 6, 4:47pm
        Yes, I do have one Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 6, 5:08pm
            Adding note to my calendar: Kim Send a private message to Kim Jun 6, 7:31pm
    Just imagine... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 6, 7:21pm
    I like spiders Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 6, 8:40pm
        Ugh Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Jun 6, 9:37pm
        So do I Starling Send a private message to Starling Jun 6, 9:53pm
            Oh dear! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 6, 11:56pm
                I actually felt sick writing that post Starling Send a private message to Starling Jun 7, 2:36am
                    I'm getting nauseous Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 7, 2:45am
                        Watch this video if you dare! Starling Send a private message to Starling Jun 7, 3:03am
                            The spawn of Ripley's Alien queen? Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jun 7, 3:33am
                        Weird critter charm to even the keel a bit Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 8, 2:39am
                ... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Jun 7, 4:46pm
                that earwig story reminds me of one of gramma's adventures Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 7, 5:03pm
            Ewww Glassary Send a private message to Glassary Jun 7, 4:12am
        It's a deal! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 6, 11:30pm
            Cats, huh? They cannot be arsed Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 8, 2:43am
                cats and spiders swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Jun 8, 11:43am
        [OT] kitty!squee Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 8, 2:31am
        my landlord's small dog chases and eats any bug that gets in the house Annael Send a private message to Annael Jun 8, 2:32pm
    Ok, prepare to be grossed out! (spider pic) Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 7, 2:08am
        Wow that IS a big spider! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 7, 2:39am
            Oh yeah, he's definitely my snuggle buddy! // Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 8, 9:02pm
        Whoa! Does it come with a saddle? // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jun 7, 1:00pm
        *tuneless whistle* Is Mirkwood near your ZIP? // Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 7, 2:03pm
            I know, right?! // Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 7, 4:49pm
                when I saw this, I had to Eruvandi LOL Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 8, 6:30pm
                    Haha! Fili can come rescue me from spiders anytime! <3 // Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 8, 9:06pm
    Drama on the Porch! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jun 7, 12:59pm
    I do live in the Mirky woods.... of Pennsylvania swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Jun 7, 5:03pm
        Swordwhale, I envy you the closeness to nature Lurker in the Mirk Send a private message to Lurker in the Mirk Jun 8, 2:36am
        Agree - spider and snakes are fascinating and beautiful! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 8, 6:52pm
            I keep trying... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Jun 9, 4:57am
                Does something eat hagfish? Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 9, 9:32pm
                    OMG you are my ecological lawn twin... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Jun 10, 12:23pm
                        AYE! people don't understand! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 10, 10:52pm
                            well said! swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Jun 11, 12:34am
                            What would one do if their HOA demands a well kept lawn? Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jun 11, 1:38am
                                We use one of these on weeds: Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 11, 2:06am
                                    unfortunately Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jun 11, 3:28am
                                Good question! -sigh Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 11, 4:16am
                                    I don't live in California Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jun 11, 4:29am
                                        Shrub roses! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jun 12, 10:49pm
                                            Roses Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jun 13, 12:32am
                                    I do live in CA... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jun 11, 5:39am
                                        Here, we get credit for putting rain gardens in our yards Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 11, 12:31pm
                                OMG $^%^$^!!!!!!!!!!!! swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Jun 14, 12:44am
                                    I'm not a fan of HOA's either Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jun 14, 3:36am
                                        think positive....... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Jun 14, 3:51pm
    I read this thread as far as the top edge of your spider photo.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 7, 7:24pm
    I'm phobic about spiders, but Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jun 9, 3:30am
        Ok, even I have to admit... Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Jun 9, 5:46pm
    Nightmares starletmithril Send a private message to starletmithril Jun 9, 11:37pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.