SciFiNow Issue 93 Hobbit 3 article!

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

May 23 2014, 8:31am

Post #1 of 8 (1276 views)
Shortcut
SciFiNow Issue 93 Hobbit 3 article! Can't Post

https://www.imagineshop.co.uk/catalog/product/gallery/id/2873/image/9903/
Has anyone got the magazine and read anything about the third film. It says that this issue features the Hobbit! Any new information?

(This post was edited by Peterthorn of Rohan on May 23 2014, 8:32am)

LordotRings93
Rohan

May 23 2014, 2:29pm

Post #2 of 8 (511 views)
Shortcut
Nothing big, probably [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably just snippets of information we already know, like the title change and what we can expect or something. Didn't EW or another magazine do a big cover story on DoS back in the summer? I wonder if we'll see something like that this year.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

May 23 2014, 2:47pm

Post #3 of 8 (521 views)
Shortcut
Empire magazine [In reply to] Can't Post

Has done two big issues for each Hobbit film, one in summer and one in December. The first DOS one was August 2013 so I imagine there'll be one for BOFA released early July.

LordotRings93
Rohan

May 23 2014, 2:51pm

Post #4 of 8 (485 views)
Shortcut
Ah, Empire! That was it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew it had to start with an "E", was on the tip of my tongue whilst typing the post. Tongue I hope we get an awesome issue this summer for TBOTFA. And with BOTFA hopefully being at ComiCon this year, maybe we'll get even more news.

DanielLB
Immortal

May 23 2014, 3:17pm

Post #5 of 8 (501 views)
Shortcut
Nothing, really. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a one page article, speaking with Daniel Falconer and bringing Smaug to life. Nice read, nothing new, and nothing spoilery.

The magazine still calls Hobbit 3 There and Back Again.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

May 23 2014, 3:21pm

Post #6 of 8 (471 views)
Shortcut
To be honest [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the secrecy surrounding this final film: no production diaries, no special event and no trailers yet. The less they reveal now the more surprising the film will be. A lot of the best reveals, the great costume and location reveals, were given away in the trailer. Imagine how blown away you might have been seeing The Woodland Realm or Laketown for the first time in the cinema (it may have made the film somewhat enjoyable for the naysayers). The more they show us, the more time people will have to complain about things without seeing the bigger picture. However, I do understand the ultimate need for marketing.

LordotRings93
Rohan

May 23 2014, 3:27pm

Post #7 of 8 (432 views)
Shortcut
True, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

With this being the last Hobbit film, and probably Middle-earth film for a while, I'd rather see the hype and marketing go all out so we can enjoy it. Having nothing would make it boring and the wait that much harder. At least with a trailer we can lull over that until December.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

May 23 2014, 4:34pm

Post #8 of 8 (416 views)
Shortcut
I'm just as excited as the next fan [In reply to] Can't Post

That was merely the logical side of me speaking. I think 1 trailer will suffice (as I believe there was only one for ROTK too) though.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.