Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Finally, some possible DOS trailer news

StarGodziller
Bree

Sep 24 2013, 1:51am

Post #1 of 18 (2537 views)
Shortcut
Finally, some possible DOS trailer news Can't Post

Check out this IMDb board post translated from a Russian site:

http://www.imdb.com/...board/flat/220030392

(This post was edited by StarGodziller on Sep 24 2013, 1:52am)

Joe20
Lorien

Sep 24 2013, 2:28am

Post #2 of 18 (1108 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

As the first poster on the IMDb boards says it will most likely be with Gravity which has an Oct 4 release date and is a Warner Bros. distributed film.

Can't wait!

(This post was edited by Joe20 on Sep 24 2013, 2:28am)

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Sep 24 2013, 2:30am

Post #3 of 18 (1090 views)
Shortcut
Very likely it'll appear with WB's "Gravity" on October 4th [In reply to] Can't Post

TheHutt
Gondor

Sep 24 2013, 7:31am

Post #4 of 18 (1015 views)
Shortcut
I just wanted to share this info here. Anyway... [In reply to] Can't Post

The new trailer for Desolation of Smaug (Trailer #3) will be premiering beginning of October. I only know about the online premiere, however, I cannot reveal any dates. The date specified for Gravity actually is very close, but not it. :)

The editing of the trailer is finished; the trailer is now in the process of color grading and Vfx (status info from last Friday). International versions will most likely premiere simultaneously, however, not every of them will be dubbed in time: for the Russian trailer, for example, a subtitled version will be released first.

The contents of the trailer: it is supposed to be all-new (though some shots from the first DOS trailer will be reused). No info on runtime or any other details yet. The title number #3 is because Trailer #2 was just a shorter version of Trailer #1 (like with AUJ, where Trailer #2 (1.1) was just a child-friendly version of Trailer #1).

I cannot tell about if the trailer will be attached to any film, as this is a pure US thing. :)

PS: The info is coming directly from the Russian distributor of the Hobbit, Karo Film. They proved quite reliable in the past.

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Luinnár
Rivendell

Sep 24 2013, 11:34am

Post #5 of 18 (811 views)
Shortcut
Thanks StarGodziller! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Sep 24 2013, 11:50am

Post #6 of 18 (808 views)
Shortcut
Great News! [In reply to] Can't Post

That means that a poster will also be released soon

Silmaril
Lorien

Sep 24 2013, 11:55am

Post #7 of 18 (798 views)
Shortcut
top news! [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you.

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 24 2013, 1:35pm

Post #8 of 18 (707 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was going to see Gravity anyways but this is another reason to go see it.

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 24 2013, 2:03pm

Post #9 of 18 (680 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful [In reply to] Can't Post

Wonderful news! Can't wait :) will it be out on youtube/facebook first? =)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 24 2013, 2:05pm

Post #10 of 18 (734 views)
Shortcut
"Smaug Wasteland" [In reply to] Can't Post

lol -- love those translators!

Thanks for the news!

BornOutOfTheWest
Rivendell

Sep 24 2013, 3:22pm

Post #11 of 18 (710 views)
Shortcut
A week today? [In reply to] Can't Post

The trailer attached to Man Of Steel, which came out on Friday 14th June, was released online on the Tuesday the 11th of June.

We now have a similar picture of a film opening Friday 4th October, with the possibility of the trailer being attached to this. Will we therefore, see the trailer released a few days before, like trailer 1, or is a week from today, 1st October, just too soon?

Náron the Dwarf
The Shire

Sep 24 2013, 6:28pm

Post #12 of 18 (588 views)
Shortcut
YES!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait!

My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/automatonpictures/

Snaga
Lorien

Sep 24 2013, 6:46pm

Post #13 of 18 (548 views)
Shortcut
If you're looking for permission to be optomistic... [In reply to] Can't Post

You have mine. Wink

In Reply To
Will we therefore, see the trailer released a few days before, like trailer 1, or is a week from today, 1st October, just too soon?

"Alas for Boromir! It was too sore a trial!"

-Faramir

TheHutt
Gondor

Sep 24 2013, 8:25pm

Post #14 of 18 (510 views)
Shortcut
October 1st is not gonna happen... [In reply to] Can't Post

It just doesn't. :)

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Sep 24 2013, 8:55pm

Post #15 of 18 (460 views)
Shortcut
But the next closest thing to that? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes?

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Sep 25 2013, 12:56am

Post #16 of 18 (318 views)
Shortcut
Lol. Indeed. There are times when our thinking is [In reply to] Can't Post

quite alike. lol

In Reply To
Yes?

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Fleuz
Lorien

Sep 25 2013, 4:39am

Post #17 of 18 (254 views)
Shortcut
October 1st is not gonna happen... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It just doesn't. :)

So... it does?

Just kidding. Sly

Nimloth
Lorien

Sep 25 2013, 5:10am

Post #18 of 18 (248 views)
Shortcut
I can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

Though, of course I'll have to. Wink I am even more excited about the second movie than I was the first. Something I would not have thought possible a year ago. Blush

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.