The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Mockup of Beorn's face

kjeevah
Bree

Sep 16 2013, 10:07pm

Post #1 of 15 (2168 views)
Shortcut
Mockup of Beorn's face Can't Post

Made a quick mockup based on the new description... bushy eyebrows, piercing deep set eyes, and facial hair somwhere between a french fork, mutton chops, and tusks -

http://s21.postimg.org/opwf8h12v/beorn.png

Owain
Tol Eressea

Sep 16 2013, 11:00pm

Post #2 of 15 (1554 views)
Shortcut
Nice composite [In reply to] Can't Post

He looks like he had one too many

Smile

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Sep 17 2013, 12:20am

Post #3 of 15 (1522 views)
Shortcut
would lvoe to repost this on frontpage if that's ok? // [In reply to] Can't Post

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

kjeevah
Bree

Sep 17 2013, 12:21am

Post #4 of 15 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure, go ahead

kjeevah
Bree

Sep 17 2013, 12:23am

Post #5 of 15 (1539 views)
Shortcut
just in case this helps? [In reply to] Can't Post

here's the original image

http://lunkiandsika.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/mikael-persbrandt-in-hc3a4mnden-haevnen-in-a-better-world-movie.png

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Sep 17 2013, 12:24am

Post #6 of 15 (1524 views)
Shortcut
cheers! [In reply to] Can't Post

BTW, great envisioning. very nice sketch.

(i feel he may look slightly younger, but we shall see, eh?)

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Skaan
Lorien

Sep 17 2013, 1:26pm

Post #7 of 15 (1528 views)
Shortcut
Here's a close-up of Beorn (sorry if this isn't allowed) - *spoilers* [In reply to] Can't Post

This might give you a better idea of his face:

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Sep 17 2013, 8:07pm)

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 17 2013, 1:51pm

Post #8 of 15 (1450 views)
Shortcut
Where did you find that picture?! [In reply to] Can't Post

ShockedShockedShocked

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Skaan
Lorien

Sep 17 2013, 3:20pm

Post #9 of 15 (1451 views)
Shortcut
Source - *spoilers* [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually got those pictures from someone else who posted them on this site. I'm afraid i don't remember exactly who it was though, but i can dig a little deeper and find out if you wish.

Here's a couple of other pictures which you may find interesting:

And then there's also these 2 which i think are too big to be posted here:
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2852/6d7s.jpg (the blurred guy seems to be Mikael Persbrandt)
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9136/xykk.png (this doesn't exactly show anything special, but it does show us that he has a black pig)

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Sep 17 2013, 8:07pm)

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 17 2013, 5:05pm

Post #10 of 15 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love these pictures man, even if they are not the best pics but who cares, IT'S SOMETHING! :)

I really wounder WHY they don't show anything about Beorn? Is he so secret? or don't they like what they have done too him? I don't understand :( i hope it is because they are so proud of him they choose not to spoil him ;P

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 17 2013, 5:06pm

Post #11 of 15 (1372 views)
Shortcut
and also [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, i would love if you found the guy/girl who posted those pics :)

Skaan
Lorien

Sep 17 2013, 5:38pm

Post #12 of 15 (1359 views)
Shortcut
Beorn [In reply to] Can't Post

The pics are from the gallery linked in this post.

The close-ups were posted here

Regarding your other comment, i'm pretty sure it's because they're proud of the character and don't want to spoil it yet. Everyone, cast and crew, seems to be very enthusiastic about Beorn's character, his design and Mikael Persbrandt's acting.

Oin K
Rivendell

Sep 17 2013, 6:56pm

Post #13 of 15 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Interesting hairstyle trend among the people of the Wild [In reply to] Can't Post

If these pics are any indication, Beorn has the same sort of weird "high top" coif that Will Turn- erm, I mean Bard has, and which was also seen on a few of the people of Dale in the prologue to AUJ.

It made sense as sort of a recurring traditional hairstyle among the people of Dale and their descendants, but it's interesting that Beorn also sports it. I wonder if that's meant to convey anything about his loyalties and affiliations.

It's also interesting that they seem to have gone with grey for his hair, rather than black or brown like one would expect with a bear. I would guess that when we see him in bear form he'll also have great big streaks of silver to distinguish him from the other bears, although one would have thought his size would have been enough for that.

"The Naugrim were ever, as they still remain, short and squat in stature; they were deep-breasted, strong in the arm, and stout in the leg, and their snouts were long. Indeed this strangeness they have that no Man nor Elf has ever seen a snoutless Dwarf - unless he were rhinoplasted in mockery, and would then be more like to die of shame than of many other hurts that to us would seem more deadly. For the Naugrim have snouts from the beginning of their lives, male and female alike..." (History of Middle Earth, volume 11, The War of the Truffles, p. 205)

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Sep 18 2013, 12:38am

Post #14 of 15 (1298 views)
Shortcut
It's a mockup, not the actual picture? [In reply to] Can't Post

It actually looks good. I just pictured him with black hair, but if he is similiar to the mockup, I think he'll look great!

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Sep 25 2013, 3:12pm

Post #15 of 15 (1251 views)
Shortcut
In that second picture, [In reply to] Can't Post

he looks like dog the bounty hunter.

I can't believe i just typed that name. I couldn't even bring myself to capitalize it.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.