Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Desolation of Smaug trailer Youtube debut on June 12?

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jun 6 2013, 8:26pm

Post #1 of 8 (908 views)
Shortcut
Desolation of Smaug trailer Youtube debut on June 12? Can't Post

desolation-of-smaug A first-time anonymous source informs TheOneRing.net that the Hobbit trailer will debut on Youtube on June 12.

Our anonymous tipster's news seems to be reinforced by this story that popped up just a couple hours earlier on The Lebanese Cinema Movie Guide. The key part:

The first trailer from The Desolation Of Smaug, will be be attached to all of Man Of Steel prints. And it’s not a teaser trailer, but it’s a full 2 min 30 sec theatrical trailer. The trailer is set to debut online on June 12, 10 am PDT.

The eagle-eyed will note that the claimed 2 minute 30 seconds length conflicts with that listed in the approved listing on the British Board of Film Classification that we reported earlier today. So what gives? We don't know, but for what it's worth our source mentioned nothing except the date and the location. Stay tuned for more.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Jun 7 2013, 2:55am

Post #2 of 8 (397 views)
Shortcut
Oh Bliss! Oh Frabjous Joy! [In reply to] Can't Post

SO hope this report is legit. Smile

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 7 2013, 10:51am

Post #3 of 8 (319 views)
Shortcut
Call me confused, but.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Why is the Lebanese Film Guide considered a reliable source? If it were in New Zealand, perhaps, or in Hollywood, but Lebanon sounds pretty remote from any direct involvement with the film. Granted, it's saying something we all want to hear, but when it's the only source for that information? And when it conflicts with another source (on trailer length)?

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 7 2013, 11:41am

Post #4 of 8 (299 views)
Shortcut
Lebanese... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Why is the Lebanese Film Guide considered a reliable source?

You're certainly right about this matter. However, there are two sides to news coming from less prominent countries (ok, Lebanon is rather extreme):

Con: the reliability of information is, well, not that obvious.

Pro: such countries are not necessarily on the radar of Warner and their lawyers, so they can leak info which would be probably blocked in the US.

That's why we in Russia for example have sometimes access information not available in the West yet.

However, Lebanon also feels way off to me.

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Jun 7 2013, 1:11pm

Post #5 of 8 (265 views)
Shortcut
The 2:30 runtime is probably a guess or an estimation [In reply to] Can't Post

They might not have actually timed it. Or it' possibly just shorthand for a full trailer - as in 2:30 is considered the general runtime for a full trailer so this person is using that more as a phrase than a specific runtime.

After all, the BBFC have to list accurate timings of everything they classify (down to the number of frames for films) so I would trust them as being the more reliable - there's is an official report on the trailer.

Though I'd happy to be wrong and get an extra 29 seconds, I wouldn't mind that at all!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jun 7 2013, 1:27pm

Post #6 of 8 (257 views)
Shortcut
It fits the Pattern we had seen.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Why? the Lebanese...maybe they they take parental controls
more seriously beng in a Tradtional-Family Values
based culture and
Violence is all around them.....

Why? Alberta, Canada? Well, with Calgary & Edmonton you have ANOTHER vast
traditonal farm-based culture.
Also, Edmonton is more international than most would give it Credit,
since they have one of the Largest Indoor Malls in the World.
Much of their foot traffic is from Russia, Japan, Korea,
since over-the-Pole Flights
take them to the North American goods
fairly quickly.
This is gunna be Fun to see WHO unloads the First Link?

Bring it On!
Bomby

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jun 7 2013, 1:58pm

Post #7 of 8 (248 views)
Shortcut
So frikkin' excited!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just hope they don't pull a "teaser before the teaser" kind of thing, where they'll show like 10 seconds of the trailer to "tease" fans. Hate when movies do that. Just give us the whole thing then!

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

dubulous
Rohan

Jun 7 2013, 4:42pm

Post #8 of 8 (229 views)
Shortcut
I sure hope this is true! [In reply to] Can't Post

A Youtube trailer (preferable already on the 12th) would suit me well since Man of Steel doesn't open here for another couple of weeks.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.