Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So can we expect the DOS trailer to be revealed at the beginning of man of steel?

flameofudun
Lorien

Jun 2 2013, 6:38pm

Post #1 of 15 (1369 views)
Shortcut
So can we expect the DOS trailer to be revealed at the beginning of man of steel? Can't Post

The odds seem good. Both anticipated Warner brothers movies, and man of steel could return the favour to the hobbit for AUJ showing its reveal trailer. Also, I recently read article that stated that PJ had dropped hints during the live video chat that it was going to be released attached to the Man of steel movie.
He also did say that it would be released over summer, so the facts are pointing to it. Do any of you remember the live chat, I really wish I could rewatch it to see if he actually did drop hints. Let me know please if you remember, and if so what exactly he did say. Thanks in advance guys.Wink

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Lio
Lorien

Jun 2 2013, 8:17pm

Post #2 of 15 (682 views)
Shortcut
I'm not optimistic (but would love to be wrong!) [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering there's been no major news (that I'm aware of) regarding DoS since the live event, I don't expect them to suddenly release an entire trailer without letting us know well in advance. I don't know, for some reason I expect the trailer to come closer to the end of the summer, maybe sometime in August. Worst-case scenario, September.

But if anyone can point out the specific place where PJ hints at an earlier release, I would be extremely happy. Cool

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

bungobaggins
Lorien

Jun 2 2013, 8:19pm

Post #3 of 15 (666 views)
Shortcut
I'm not getting my hopes up. [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing how we haven't even gotten a blog yet, I'd say that the trailer attached to Man of Steel is probably not likely. Pacific Rim seems like a more realistic option to me.

Also, could you link to the article that you mentioned?

"You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!" - Gandalf

lotrgenius

Jun 2 2013, 8:42pm

Post #4 of 15 (735 views)
Shortcut
Video blog 11 [In reply to] Can't Post

He did say on Facebook that there would be a new blog soon. That would be some action :)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 2 2013, 10:26pm

Post #5 of 15 (582 views)
Shortcut
Define soon [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 2 2013, 10:42pm

Post #6 of 15 (605 views)
Shortcut
Man of Steel [In reply to] Can't Post

It would make sense to release a teaser trailer with Man of Steel for multiple reasons. 1) Millions of people all over the world will see MoS. 2) WB will only profit more for showing it because of fans like us. 3) It will give everyone the "oh yeah there's another Hobbit coming out this year" thought. 4) What other WB movie this year is worthy of The Hobbit trailer besides mayyyybe Pacific Rim?

This is a great opportunity to advertise it. I know we haven't heard much lately but we know they have edited footage for it already AND the stuff that got moved from AUJ to DOS. There's no reason why they can't do it. I know I'll be there on opening night to find out!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 2 2013, 11:01pm

Post #7 of 15 (597 views)
Shortcut
IMO, it'll be Pacific Rim, due to the GdT connection... [In reply to] Can't Post

They did debut the PacRim teaser before AUJ (though they did the same for MoS, if I remember).

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

lotrgenius

Jun 3 2013, 1:58am

Post #8 of 15 (490 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully soon means soon [In reply to] Can't Post

Knowing PJ tho, he might still make us wait a month and that would be "soon"

sharpened_graphite
Rivendell

Jun 3 2013, 10:05pm

Post #9 of 15 (348 views)
Shortcut
"Pacific Rim" is a more likely candidate for that... [In reply to] Can't Post

...since it's closer to the release date, plus GDT is a co-author, so it's fitting cross reference.

flameofudun
Lorien

Jun 3 2013, 10:39pm

Post #10 of 15 (378 views)
Shortcut
based on what this site is saying on Facebook... [In reply to] Can't Post

i think that it is going to be with man of steel. they are strongly hinting that studio folk told them it would be out with man of steel.

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Dwarvenfury
Lorien

Jun 3 2013, 11:36pm

Post #11 of 15 (352 views)
Shortcut
It could be effective... [In reply to] Can't Post

to wait until fall to release the first trailer. A silent period might not
be a bad thing. Then again, I am no marketing expert. But they
maybe wait until autmumn and hit start to build momentum into
the December release. Thoughts? Then again, I'm not sure I can
wait that long Pirate

cats16
Valinor

Jun 5 2013, 8:46pm

Post #12 of 15 (195 views)
Shortcut
Just read an article... [In reply to] Can't Post

it said that another WB film, The Conjuring, has a chance of having a DOS trailer with it. I don't see this as very likely, because it's a horror film, which typically has only a certain type of moviegoer. Superhero/action films draw in many more people.

But, I still wanted to throw that film into the mix, after reading the article. My money is still on Man of Steel, with Pacific Rim now in a close second.

Jay236
The Shire

Jun 5 2013, 9:32pm

Post #13 of 15 (192 views)
Shortcut
DOS= 14th June maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw on a facebook fanpage that it is to be released on the 14th June but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

If more people valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, the world would indeed be a merrier place-Thorin Oakenshield, The Hobbit

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2013, 7:05am

Post #14 of 15 (203 views)
Shortcut
Confirmation? [In reply to] Can't Post

Alex Billington from firstshowing.net says:

I've received confirmation that the first trailer for Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is playing in front of Man of Steel

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 6 2013, 7:11am

Post #15 of 15 (183 views)
Shortcut
Woah that is big news!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Alex Billington from firstshowing.net says:

I've received confirmation that the first trailer for Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is playing in front of Man of Steel

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.