The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Riders of Rohan - cover

Jordan
The Shire

Mar 10 2013, 10:55pm

Post #1 of 17 (817 views)
Shortcut
Riders of Rohan - cover Can't Post

Hi, dear LOTR lovers! I'm new to this place, just so you know :) Me and my sister did a cover of the grand piece by Howard Shore - Riders of Rohan. So.. if you guys would like to listen to that and let us know what you think, you'd make us really happy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1oosRo3d2Q

Have a good Sunday!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 10 2013, 11:06pm

Post #2 of 17 (596 views)
Shortcut
Oh that is beautifully done. [In reply to] Can't Post

What a way to announced your arrival on TORN! You and your sister have done a brilliant job.

Well done on arranging the mist; it looks so natural... Tongue Who did the editing of the video?

By the way I'm moving this to the Fan Art board, which is where we put the creative efforts of the discussion board members.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

dijomaja
Lorien

Mar 11 2013, 11:05am

Post #3 of 17 (574 views)
Shortcut
nice job [In reply to] Can't Post

The simple arrangement really captures the nature of the piece and the visuals work well, too.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 11 2013, 7:50pm

Post #4 of 17 (562 views)
Shortcut
Nice job.... [In reply to] Can't Post

'though I thought that your sister tended to overwhelm you, just a bit.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Mar 12 2013, 1:53pm

Post #5 of 17 (523 views)
Shortcut
This is so well done. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for covering my favourite piece by Howard Shore. Smile I think you and your sister captured the beauty of it perfectly.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards because a refusal often offends." - Terry Pratchett

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Jordan
The Shire

Mar 12 2013, 4:24pm

Post #6 of 17 (487 views)
Shortcut
thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for a warm welcome! Haha, yeaaa, it took me so long to create all the mist on my computer :P I edited it - I'm a beginner when it comes to videos, so it was kinda painful.

Thank you for moving this thread! I will be more careful next time :)

Jordan
The Shire

Mar 12 2013, 4:26pm

Post #7 of 17 (486 views)
Shortcut
yep [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks! It took us a bit to make the instruments sound well together, we're not really experienced in this... but it turned out nicely :)

Jordan
The Shire

Mar 12 2013, 4:28pm

Post #8 of 17 (487 views)
Shortcut
maybe.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, maybe a bit, that's true. But she's playing the melody, so she should be the 'main voice', I'm just accompanying her. I'll be more careful next time though, thanks for pointing that out!

Jordan
The Shire

Mar 12 2013, 4:29pm

Post #9 of 17 (500 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

Aww, thanks!! Hearing that makes me feel so honored! Haha.

andwise
Rivendell

Mar 13 2013, 4:06pm

Post #10 of 17 (504 views)
Shortcut
well done my friend. [In reply to] Can't Post

Very well arranged and played.being a guitarist myself I love to see and hear others play and you are way better than me! Smile well done again to you both and welcome to TORN Smile

Arrow....black arrow,I have saved you to the last.you have never failed me and always I have recovered you.I had you from my father and he from old.if ever you came from the forges of the true king under the mountain,go now and speed well

jschomburg
Rivendell

Mar 13 2013, 6:07pm

Post #11 of 17 (494 views)
Shortcut
Very nice indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Visuals and mixing in footage of the charge worked very well in my opinion. The actual horse was a nice touch as well.

You have set a new standard for being new to TORN. Glad I joined a few years ago, as I now would not be permitted because I would not measure up Wink

Thanks for sharing your talents and this nice rendition.

Jordan
The Shire

Mar 17 2013, 2:29pm

Post #12 of 17 (456 views)
Shortcut
:-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for yet another warm welcome! Keep playing! :)

Jordan
The Shire

Mar 17 2013, 2:32pm

Post #13 of 17 (572 views)
Shortcut
thank you!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, we had a lot of fun with those horses. We only shot about a 1-minute long footage with them being in the shot before they got kinda angry, so we packed our stuff and drove to seek another nice places to shoot in :)

Haha, man, I hope people will still come to these forums now :) Thank you a lot!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 26 2013, 6:59pm

Post #14 of 17 (451 views)
Shortcut
nicely done! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm wondering how you got such great sound on location.

The location is lovely! Great idea to go out and find good background like that.

Probably the most interesting thing those horses had seen in awhile. Mine would have been bemused.

Go outside and play...

Elenorflower
Gondor

Apr 2 2013, 4:32pm

Post #15 of 17 (453 views)
Shortcut
that is fantastic [In reply to] Can't Post

love it. Heart

Jordan
The Shire

Apr 3 2013, 5:50pm

Post #16 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut
thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

We recorded it inside before shooting the video, of course!

Yea, it took us a while to find the right spot, but it turned out so well in the end.

The horses actually didn't like it.. :-/

Jordan
The Shire

Apr 3 2013, 5:50pm

Post #17 of 17 (513 views)
Shortcut
aww [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you so much! :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.