The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Martin Thanks Facebook fans w/ Troll scene

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 6:46pm

Post #1 of 11 (1143 views)
Shortcut
Martin Thanks Facebook fans w/ Troll scene Can't Post

Video of Martin in LA. Thanking the FB fans for supporting The Hobbit and also has the troll scene with it. I'm assuming it's okay to post as this was put out by WB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DAJe-y7rd_w

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 13 2013, 7:03pm

Post #2 of 11 (467 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Ham Sammy! [In reply to] Can't Post

A pleasure to watch. Six days and counting....
Oh we are going to be N U T S about screen caps this time next week!
I'm sure the promo things aren't Martin's favorite, as he seems very private, and I do hope he knows how much we fans truly appreciate him.Angelic

To err is human, to Hoom is Entish.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 7:09pm

Post #3 of 11 (445 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

Promoting stuff is just not his thing. You can even tell in that video to a degree. But..we all have parts of our job that isn't our favorite. His is doing that kind of thing. I'm grateful though he put his best foot forward and did the promos. I still havent seen TORN's interview. I thought they did one but maybe it will come out closer to the release of the DVD.

Yep next week will be screen shot heaven. I don't know how to do it though so I'll have to rely on others.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 13 2013, 8:04pm

Post #4 of 11 (425 views)
Shortcut
Yes this is fine, Ham Sammy. [In reply to] Can't Post

I do love Martin's expressions in the troll scene. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 8:30pm

Post #5 of 11 (466 views)
Shortcut
Not as good [In reply to] Can't Post

as the dvd.....

Angelic

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 9:01pm

Post #6 of 11 (358 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just love all his facial expressions. He's so good at that. The whole ... "I wouldn't risk it, I really wouldn't" cracks me up every..single..time.

Kimtc
Rohan

Mar 13 2013, 9:49pm

Post #7 of 11 (363 views)
Shortcut
The timing of this entire sequence is really excellent. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the reaction shots of Bilbo and all the dwarves, but my favorite is the look on Bombur's upside down face when Bilbo says that he has worms, closely followed by Kili's reaction after getting kicked by Thorin.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 10:04pm

Post #8 of 11 (376 views)
Shortcut
Kili and Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the exasperation on Bibo's face when they say they don't have parasites, immediately followed by the look on Thorin's face, then the kick, then how Kili looks again at Bilbo. That is so darned classic. It's great.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 13 2013, 11:00pm

Post #9 of 11 (310 views)
Shortcut
I love all of these! [In reply to] Can't Post

And even like the Troll's reaction to Bilbo's comments about Bombur having "worms...in his tubes"! All 3 Trolls are horribly disgusted...seems like they are awful picky for such revolting creatures, who are willing to eat their victims rawwww......Tongue

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 11:34pm

Post #10 of 11 (318 views)
Shortcut
Very nice reminder [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for posting this. I love the way the Trolls are portrayed, their accents included. Still don't know exactly what that word is 'Fleurber…Hobbit'. It sounds like something a food connoisseur would say.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 11:38pm

Post #11 of 11 (292 views)
Shortcut
Hehe yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Too funny. I'm really glad they let the 3 guys do the MoCap for the troll scene I think that made it tons better. Those 3 did such a great job.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.