The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Ask PJ a question on the DOS live event

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 2:03pm

Post #1 of 14 (741 views)
Shortcut
Ask PJ a question on the DOS live event Can't Post

On the facebook page here you can submit your question in video form. In terms of what the preview event will look like, it says: "Director Peter Jackson will present film footage, glimpses of the set and answer questions from the fans".

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 6:12pm

Post #2 of 14 (398 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure what this means. [In reply to] Can't Post

Is the 'preview event' going to be a question and answer session? I don't want that. I want to see a preview of film two.

I don't 'do' Facebook, so don't know what submitting questions in video form means.

I really do wish they would put this 'preview event' onto the DVD. I do not want to watch everything online. Unimpressed

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 6:23pm

Post #3 of 14 (391 views)
Shortcut
Well, it says he will present footage. [In reply to] Can't Post

So there's your preview, i guess. They don't wanna spoil a whole bunch of the movie, so expect a little bit of footage (maybe the length of a trailer) and the rest will be a Q&A on a set, i assume.

Submitting questions in video form means just that, submitting questions in video form. Wink As you can see, there's an input field where you input the url (web address) of the youtube video, so i guess they want you to upload a video on youtube with your question.

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Mar 13 2013, 6:27pm)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 6:39pm

Post #4 of 14 (377 views)
Shortcut
What video are people being asked to upload? [In reply to] Can't Post

If this means actually making a video of something, how many people have time to do that, or would want to do it? (I certainly don't/wouldn't). Neither do I want to see other people's videos on the preview. Ugh.

Bonkers. Tongue

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Mar 13 2013, 6:40pm)

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 6:45pm

Post #5 of 14 (359 views)
Shortcut
A video of yourself asking a question, i assume. [In reply to] Can't Post

Pretty self explanatory. Wink

Though, i agree, in a sense, why not just text?

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Mar 13 2013, 6:45pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 13 2013, 6:47pm

Post #6 of 14 (370 views)
Shortcut
It's more interactive [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's better than someone sending in a boring question. People can make them fun by dressing up/being in front of their Tolkien hoard.

If it's a 10-20 minute preview, then a couple of fan questions isn't a bad thing.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 6:49pm

Post #7 of 14 (346 views)
Shortcut
I guess. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 7:28pm

Post #8 of 14 (346 views)
Shortcut
Ummm [In reply to] Can't Post

No way am I putting any YouTube video of myself out there. Sorry. LOL. I do not video well...;)

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 11:09pm

Post #9 of 14 (309 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't do it anyway [In reply to] Can't Post

I can never figure out why people want to expose themselves to public view in the way they do on Facebook and Twitter, and now this. Awful, especially when they dress up in stupid clothes that make them look ridiculous.

I would rather see the clip of PJ losing his trousers while demonstrating the 'lane of fire' scene during filming…

The impression I had was that we were going to see a preview of DoS, and perhaps some explanations of the next film by PJ (who is always interesting to listen to), and maybe a few clips of the actors doing their thing. (I certainly don't want too much to be revealed at this stage, though.)

I didn't expect or want to see people unconnected to the film on a 'preview'.

Shame the people marketing the film didn't explain exactly what the preview would show before going all out and using it as an enticement for people to buy the DVD.

In Reply To
No way am I putting any YouTube video of myself out there. Sorry. LOL. I do not video well...;)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 14 2013, 8:27am

Post #10 of 14 (274 views)
Shortcut
It's only a bit of fun!! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's nothing wrong with it.

And I bet that adding the preview to the DVD release won't entice many more people than would buy the DVD on the day anyway.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 14 2013, 8:42am

Post #11 of 14 (271 views)
Shortcut
I suppose so [In reply to] Can't Post

I would certainly buy it without the added incentive.

In Reply To
There's nothing wrong with it.

And I bet that adding the preview to the DVD release won't entice many more people than would buy the DVD on the day anyway.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 14 2013, 5:38pm

Post #12 of 14 (249 views)
Shortcut
hey! I resemble that remark! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can never figure out why people want to expose themselves to public view in the way they do on Facebook and Twitter, and now this. Awful, especially when they dress up in stupid clothes that make them look ridiculous.

I can't speak to the more recent Hobbit marketing, but back in the days of Return of the King I was known to be caught on camera in some of those ridiculous outfits. Some of the most fun I've had! Life is too short to take myself seriously.
Cool

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 14 2013, 6:47pm

Post #13 of 14 (252 views)
Shortcut
Oops, sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

If I have hit a nerve there. I know, it is all a lot of good, clean fun – but it's not the sort of thing I want to see on the preview.

Hope I haven't offended you.

Blush

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 14 2013, 8:23pm

Post #14 of 14 (228 views)
Shortcut
No worries! [In reply to] Can't Post

No offense taken!

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.