Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 8 2013, 8:53pm

Post #1 of 11 (528 views)
Shortcut
Interview with Joe Letteri on effects Can't Post

Interesting tidbits:
http://www.techradar.com/...ects-masters-1136243

If you want to learn more, pick up The Hobbit Blu-ray says Letteri. "We go into deep detail about the visual effects," he enthuses, "really breaking down how the characters were created. Fans will get to follow the thought process that goes into the overall design through to how we created the final shots for the movie."

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Mar 8 2013, 8:56pm)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Mar 8 2013, 8:58pm

Post #2 of 11 (306 views)
Shortcut
Though it is [In reply to] Can't Post

probably make up department,

i cant wait to see how they created the bird poop on Radagasts face.

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 8 2013, 9:14pm

Post #3 of 11 (296 views)
Shortcut
Two words [In reply to] Can't Post

Bird bums

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 8 2013, 11:03pm

Post #4 of 11 (255 views)
Shortcut
(throws hands in air) [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if it is still possible to save this very interesting interview from further scatological comments. No? Oh, well, Frown, you want a nice thing to go out into the universe, but sometimes bird poo happens.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 8 2013, 11:37pm

Post #5 of 11 (244 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, Lissuin [In reply to] Can't Post

But we're talking about VFX in the thread below! This is a great article, though! It always confused me that people said the CGI looked worse in 48fps. I thought it improved the CGI, for the same reasons Letteri says here. It's sharper and smoother without all that blur and juddering. I loved the new format, even if it took a little getting used to.

Thanks for sharing Smile I love all this CGI stuff and can't wait for the bonus features - and the idea of seeing Smaug soon is really becoming exciting now.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 8 2013, 11:40pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 8 2013, 11:39pm

Post #6 of 11 (238 views)
Shortcut
What I liked [In reply to] Can't Post

I had never noticed before the blurring on movement of 24fps. It is very noticeable to me now. The Bag End scene is a really good example of that. I really felt the 48FPS immensely helped that. Oh and remember all the talk about how "the movie is making people sick". Funny how that really didn't happen.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Mar 8 2013, 11:45pm

Post #7 of 11 (230 views)
Shortcut
I can just see [In reply to] Can't Post

Silvester whistling away and then POOP, hes got the make up on. Laugh

Sorry Lissuin. Wink

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 9 2013, 12:38am

Post #8 of 11 (219 views)
Shortcut
Just on the Blu-ray? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be a very ticked off Tolkien fan if the DVD and Blu-ray have different extras.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 9 2013, 12:41am

Post #9 of 11 (213 views)
Shortcut
Again, I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

At one of my two viewings in 3D 24fps, the Bag End scene in particular was very blurred. The 48fps was always wonderful (about ten viewings), though – unfortunately it doesn't appear to be showing in cinemas in the UK anymore. I didn't get any of the 'placebo' effects that some of the film's detractors mentioned ('getting used to it', blurring, feeling sick, etc, etc, etc). I just love the format.

In Reply To
I had never noticed before the blurring on movement of 24fps. It is very noticeable to me now. The Bag End scene is a really good example of that. I really felt the 48FPS immensely helped that. Oh and remember all the talk about how "the movie is making people sick". Funny how that really didn't happen.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 9 2013, 12:43am

Post #10 of 11 (217 views)
Shortcut
There are no extras on the UK standard DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'll be a very ticked off Tolkien fan if the DVD and Blu-ray have different extras.

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 9 2013, 8:50am

Post #11 of 11 (175 views)
Shortcut
Grrrrrr!!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Mad

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.