Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Live Twitter chat with Martin Freeman today.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Mar 1 2013, 6:46pm

Post #1 of 20 (1333 views)
Shortcut
Live Twitter chat with Martin Freeman today. Can't Post

https://twitter.com/TheHobbitMovie

Smile

Join us for a LIVE Twitter chat with #MartinFreeman today at 5:30pm PST! Send your questions now using #AskBilbo! http://twitpic.com/c7tc1w

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

(This post was edited by Owain on Mar 1 2013, 6:47pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 1 2013, 7:00pm

Post #2 of 20 (846 views)
Shortcut
Awesomesauce! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welsh hero
Gondor

Mar 1 2013, 8:46pm

Post #3 of 20 (803 views)
Shortcut
When is that UK time// [In reply to] Can't Post

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant
middle earth timeline FB: https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEarth1

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 1 2013, 9:01pm

Post #4 of 20 (807 views)
Shortcut
8 hours.. [In reply to] Can't Post

So like 1:30 am

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 1 2013, 9:02pm

Post #5 of 20 (832 views)
Shortcut
Lots of questions being asked already on there by the way [In reply to] Can't Post

People are really sending in a lot of questions. Some are brainless but some are pretty good questions. Come on TORNsibs. If you have a twitter account pony up some decent questions for Martin!

TheHutt
Gondor

Mar 2 2013, 8:34am

Post #6 of 20 (789 views)
Shortcut
Here's the chat log: [In reply to] Can't Post

Via Henneth-Annun.ru:
http://www.henneth-annun.ru/...ol-chata-v-tvittere/

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 2 2013, 10:33am

Post #7 of 20 (766 views)
Shortcut
It's not funny at all [In reply to] Can't Post

RT @Dariusaqua: @TheHobbitMovie #AskBilbo Can you tell me why Bombur doesn´t talk into the film?
Peter thought it would be funnier if all of his reactions were non-verbal, and I think he was right.

If anything, it's bloomin' annoying. I'd have loved some Bilbo-Bombur screentime. I hope this doesn't apply to the other films too.

Thank you for posting TheHutt.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Mar 2 2013, 10:34am)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 2:12pm

Post #8 of 20 (712 views)
Shortcut
I imagine that [In reply to] Can't Post

it would come across better, funnier, in person. I've found that he can be a bit prickly in interviews. In a funny way of course (i think he's hilarious), but you can usually still that he's not quite comfortable answering questions, or talking to the press. But i'm sure if you met him at the pub, he'd be a really friendly, funny, charming guy.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 3:24pm

Post #9 of 20 (685 views)
Shortcut
Martin's wit [In reply to] Can't Post

He is very acerbic and sarcastic. He is also hilariously funny. The problem with a written chat by Martin is you don't get his facial expressions and 3/4 of what he does is totally facial. I thought it was funny but I've seen him in so many interviews that I get the wit coming through more than likely. Okay I have to admit. That last question where they said you need to hug Thorin more and he said "Hah"!. That was definitely an homage to the fanfic community. ;)

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Mar 2 2013, 5:03pm

Post #10 of 20 (657 views)
Shortcut
one of the reasons I'd love to meet him [In reply to] Can't Post

or at least see him speak in person is because I've heard of his wit. It comes through a bit, even in this log. Yeah, he seems very tongue-in-cheek! Benedict has mentioned how funny he is as well.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 5:43pm

Post #11 of 20 (653 views)
Shortcut
Another thing to remember is this [In reply to] Can't Post

Martin has openly admitted that he does not like necessarily doing interviews. He does not have a Twitter account of his own (and Amanda deleted hers after some very nasty experiences with some moron Sherlock fans). In several interviews Martin let it slip that he really doesn't enjoy the pressers and the promotion aspect of the filming. He also doesn't like parties or many like kind public events where he has had some bad experiences with fans. I hope that one day changes and would love to see him come to TORN's Oscar party. I think he would find it a much different experience than he's had in the past, but I won't be surprised if he does not.

He did this twitter and the other interviews most likely not because he wanted to but because it was part of his contract with WB. He's a very private person and I think he does fabulously well given the fact that it's something he doesn't enjoy necessarily. I also loved that he dressed in 3 piece suit for the various interviews (I am assuming TORN's as well) and kept it on for the Twitter chat. :)

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful -- Martin Freeman, Twitter t 3/1/13

(This post was edited by Ham_Sammy on Mar 2 2013, 5:44pm)

tolktolk
Lorien

Mar 2 2013, 6:42pm

Post #12 of 20 (647 views)
Shortcut
I think you read Daniel's post wrong [In reply to] Can't Post

He wasn't saying the Q&A wasn't funny, he was commenting on PJ's decision to give Bombur a non-speaking part, which does seem a bit odd.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 7:00pm

Post #13 of 20 (623 views)
Shortcut
oops my bad [In reply to] Can't Post

Carry on! Blush

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful -- Martin Freeman, Twitter t 3/1/13

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 8:06pm

Post #14 of 20 (606 views)
Shortcut
Yup, i misread it... [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought he was talking about both Freeman's temperament *and* Bombur's silence. My bad, as they say. But what i said about him (Freeman) still stands-- he's both awkward and hilarious in interviews.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 2 2013, 8:24pm

Post #15 of 20 (615 views)
Shortcut
I agree about the interview [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for not making my original post clear enough. Freeman is very much on the ball.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 8:52pm

Post #16 of 20 (597 views)
Shortcut
The thing is [In reply to] Can't Post

I could totally see how someone who isn't familiar with his sense of humor could think that he comes off as a bit of a jerk in that interview.

Arannir
Valinor

Mar 2 2013, 8:55pm

Post #17 of 20 (593 views)
Shortcut
So what... [In reply to] Can't Post

... at least he has got personality.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 9:03pm

Post #18 of 20 (603 views)
Shortcut
Don't get me wrong, [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Martin Freeman, and have since The Office. I think he's great, and i love his interviews.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 9:48pm

Post #19 of 20 (583 views)
Shortcut
Me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

He was hilarious on the Graham Norton show in Janauary this year just after the Hobbit Premiere in London. He is much more relaxed I think in an environment like that than, say, in a press junket interview. Don't get me wrong, I love his press junket interviews but I think he's really in his element on something like Norton where he's doing it because he really wants to be there.

Súlimë
Rivendell

Mar 3 2013, 3:47am

Post #20 of 20 (623 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for this! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just found time to read it. I thought it was hilarious!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.