Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TV Spot #15

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 19 2012, 1:36pm

Post #1 of 16 (615 views)
Shortcut
TV Spot #15 Can't Post

Not that it matters, but I've not seen this TV spot (here). I assume it's new?

Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

dormouse
Half-elven

Dec 19 2012, 1:56pm

Post #2 of 16 (241 views)
Shortcut
New one on me.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the clip with the eagles

namarie
Rohan

Dec 19 2012, 1:58pm

Post #3 of 16 (237 views)
Shortcut
Yes it's new [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it was posted yesterday on the facebook page.

There is always hope

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Dec 19 2012, 2:26pm

Post #4 of 16 (236 views)
Shortcut
love it [In reply to] Can't Post

whenever i see this clip and all these classic scenes, and amazingly looking vistas i think how can people be calling this film boring!

i watched the dark knight rises the other day and there wasnt anything as glorious in that film as there was in the hobbit.

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 19 2012, 6:18pm

Post #5 of 16 (129 views)
Shortcut
Exactly... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't get what people mean by saying it's boring either...the only conclusion I can come up with is that...they SIMPLY DO NOT LIKE PETER JACKSON"S FILMS or THEY HATE THE HOBBIT and do not want it to surpassed the LOTR for some reason...so they bash it to where it has no chance to do anything special!

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 6:25pm

Post #6 of 16 (119 views)
Shortcut
Uh no... [In reply to] Can't Post

A few beautiful shot does not a great film make.

Why am I not allowed to not like the Hobbit simply because I didn't like it? Why does it have to be some sort of hate toward the material or dislike of Peter Jackson. I happen to love The Lord of the Rings films, so I definitely don't have a problem with Peter's movies. And I adore The Hobbit book, so that's not the issue either.

I was just disappointed with the new film. That's perfectly within my right, and I'm tired of people telling me I'm wrong, or hateful, or a troll. I'm genuinely happy that many people (including the friends I saw the movie with) enjoyed the film. Why can't people just let me have my opinion and stop acting like it's the end of the world that I (and others) didn't like it?

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 19 2012, 7:15pm

Post #7 of 16 (106 views)
Shortcut
Whoa.... [In reply to] Can't Post

NO! I am not saying you cannot have your own view on the film! It was just that why can't the positives be MORE than the negatives! It just seems there is TOO much negative and no positives! You most certainly are entitled to your opinion! PLEASE don not take anything as personal shots...that is not ME at all!

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 7:19pm

Post #8 of 16 (98 views)
Shortcut
Forgive me [In reply to] Can't Post

For that, then. I've just been called (or implied to be) a troll a lot in the last week which is quite infuriating since I've been here for over two years greatly anticipating the movie's release.

About positives and negatives... I think it's much easier to be vocal about things you don't like than it is to be vocal about things you do. So I'd expect lots of "negativity" while people discuss this and the new two films. It's just bound to happen I guess.

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Dec 19 2012, 7:28pm

Post #9 of 16 (92 views)
Shortcut
It's O.K.... [In reply to] Can't Post

no need to ask for forgiveness....it's your right!

Macsen
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 7:37pm

Post #10 of 16 (91 views)
Shortcut
Real fans love the movie [In reply to] Can't Post

If only we could have a positive Hobbit forum and a negative hobbit forum... that would allow the REAL Tolkien fans to discuss the films in peace...

* I'm kidding don't torture me agggh *

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2012, 7:40pm

Post #11 of 16 (85 views)
Shortcut
i think you [In reply to] Can't Post

are not joking but speaking your mind. Obviously i cnat be sure, but i get that vibe.

If so, its a horrible idea.Unimpressed

Macsen
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 7:43pm

Post #12 of 16 (79 views)
Shortcut
No, trust me I was kidding [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
are not joking but speaking your mind. Obviously i cnat be sure, but i get that vibe.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2012, 8:28pm

Post #13 of 16 (66 views)
Shortcut
Ah you got me [In reply to] Can't Post

TORTURE TIME!Evil

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 9:43pm

Post #14 of 16 (51 views)
Shortcut
Cool beans :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

“But Ungoliant went into Beleriand…but whither she went after no tale tells. It is said that she ended long ago, when in her uttermost famine she devoured herself at last.” -Morgoth’s Ring

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 9:44pm

Post #15 of 16 (53 views)
Shortcut
Believe me [In reply to] Can't Post

I alread know I'm a NARF Evil

“But Ungoliant went into Beleriand…but whither she went after no tale tells. It is said that she ended long ago, when in her uttermost famine she devoured herself at last.” -Morgoth’s Ring

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Dec 20 2012, 1:47am

Post #16 of 16 (48 views)
Shortcut
because audiences today don't want story and well- [In reply to] Can't Post

written characters, they just want explosions and chaos.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty, oh will you please take me home!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.