Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Reactions to the premiere screening - a few comments from viewers

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 28 2012, 5:05pm

Post #1 of 24 (3670 views)
Shortcut
Reactions to the premiere screening - a few comments from viewers Can't Post

Read them here.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 28 2012, 5:08pm

Post #2 of 24 (1573 views)
Shortcut
Glad to hear people like the HFR 3D [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been worried about it, but it sounds like once you get used to it, it's pretty good. I plan to see it for myself, but their reviews are encouraging.

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

Kassandros
Rohan

Nov 28 2012, 5:20pm

Post #3 of 24 (1716 views)
Shortcut
Uh-oh [In reply to] Can't Post

This doesn't sound positive:

"[The Hobbit] is ... something you shouldn't really be seeing."

Evil

all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us...

Tim
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 5:24pm

Post #4 of 24 (1624 views)
Shortcut
No uh oh [In reply to] Can't Post

This be the quote thou naughty person...

The new 3D format "did feel a bit voyeuristic at first but once you get used to how crystal clear it is, I think it is quite amazing. It is arresting when you first see it. It is almost like something you shouldn't really be seeing it. It's cool," he said.

Angelic

-Tim came by. Tim! If you had heard only a quarter of what I have heard about him, and I have only heard very little of all there is to hear, you would be prepared for any sort of remarkable tale.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 28 2012, 5:28pm

Post #5 of 24 (1479 views)
Shortcut
All very encouraging [In reply to] Can't Post

What about the plot though? Wink

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Kassandros
Rohan

Nov 28 2012, 5:34pm

Post #6 of 24 (1451 views)
Shortcut
You have to read between the lines ; ) [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at the words that this person used! "Arresting." Who wants to get arrested? Watching The Hobbit is like being in prison, obviously!

Obviously people were only allowed to say positive things about The Hobbit and this reviewer was trying to tell us the truth while veiling his words behind something that sounds positive.

Sly

(This post was edited by Kassandros on Nov 28 2012, 5:36pm)

Wordofmask
Lorien

Nov 28 2012, 5:34pm

Post #7 of 24 (1380 views)
Shortcut
ahh yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Now we can expect that it will be work.

but I want some feedback about the story. Maybe next week.

Tim
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 5:35pm

Post #8 of 24 (1404 views)
Shortcut
I would suspect because of the embargo [In reply to] Can't Post

People can't be quoted on the spoilers or whatever, but the general positive buzz bodes well for the plot.

-Tim came by. Tim! If you had heard only a quarter of what I have heard about him, and I have only heard very little of all there is to hear, you would be prepared for any sort of remarkable tale.

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 28 2012, 5:42pm

Post #9 of 24 (1299 views)
Shortcut
I just want to hear that the end is a good end! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still a Mirkwood-ending advocate.Tongue

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Wordofmask
Lorien

Nov 28 2012, 5:54pm

Post #10 of 24 (1602 views)
Shortcut
OK everyone look at this!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

look at the score from 3000+ users!!!

I know a solid score must take about 50000+ user reviews. Of course the score can down from 9.3 but I think in worse case the solid score is about 7.9 - 8 that is still good enough for me.

(This post was edited by Wordofmask on Nov 28 2012, 6:03pm)

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 5:59pm

Post #11 of 24 (1252 views)
Shortcut
Well, isn't that hint enough that the majority of votes are fake? ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

There's no way 3000+ people have watched it. It's fans giving 10s for their favorites, hence not very conclusive.

imin
Valinor

Nov 28 2012, 6:02pm

Post #12 of 24 (1223 views)
Shortcut
This happens with every big movie [In reply to] Can't Post

and is in no way a reflection of the average which will take time - especially as hardly anyone has seen it.

Its just fanboys posting 10/10 as they cant bare the thought of another film having a higher score than the hobbit.

I think it will settle to anywhere from 7.5-9.0 - basically an incredibly high score.

Wordofmask
Lorien

Nov 28 2012, 6:05pm

Post #13 of 24 (1153 views)
Shortcut
yes already edited my post. [In reply to] Can't Post

imin
Valinor

Nov 28 2012, 6:07pm

Post #14 of 24 (1137 views)
Shortcut
ah yes, [In reply to] Can't Post

i posted just before you posted your edit, but i agree completely with what you say in the edit, anything in that region is a good indicator its been well liked by loads of people

tolktolk
Lorien

Nov 28 2012, 6:13pm

Post #15 of 24 (1228 views)
Shortcut
Some more opinions [In reply to] Can't Post

Kassandros, I can't tell if you are joking or not?

The Guardian have rounded up some tweets here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/...-reviews?intcmp=239-

Someone called Davidlen commenting in the Guardian also had this to say:

I can help,I was at the premiere and the first Hobbit is bloody amazing. Wait and be amazed, I was, blown away, Spectacular, awe inspiring, magnificent film making. Oscars in this one.

Incidentally the score is also right up there. The blending of music and movie is top notch.

The people quoted in the original thread below have also added some extra comments. @CarterNixon adds:

I am not giving away any particulars. Staying vague until it opens but I dug it. A lot.

yeah everyone seemed to have loved it. Great atmosphere in theatre. It's a lot of fun.

Daniel, I can't see the Tweet now, but one of these people answered a question about the ending by just saying After the eagles.

utku
Rivendell

Nov 28 2012, 6:14pm

Post #16 of 24 (1117 views)
Shortcut
And haters as well? [In reply to] Can't Post

And 125 people gave it 1/10. Really, I don't know why IMDb has enabled the votes this early... I don't care about the fake votes myself but there are people out there who decide what to watch according to those scores. If it's too high they may leave the theatre disappointed because it wasn't a masterpiece in their opinion. The hype is really high already so I don't know if they should see it score around 9.5 as well. Wink Then again, if it's too low they might not even see it.

(This post was edited by utku on Nov 28 2012, 6:20pm)

Kassandros
Rohan

Nov 28 2012, 6:23pm

Post #17 of 24 (1047 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I am joking. // [In reply to] Can't Post

TheWhiteRider
Bree

Nov 28 2012, 6:24pm

Post #18 of 24 (1071 views)
Shortcut
The cast at imdb includes Beorn and Dain [In reply to] Can't Post

that can't be right ???

easterlingchief1
Rivendell

Nov 28 2012, 6:44pm

Post #19 of 24 (954 views)
Shortcut
Well, IMDB pages are created, run, and edited by the IMDB community. [In reply to] Can't Post

That is to say, they're run by fans who've heard news/rumors/etc. about whatever movie they're interested in, not by the filmmakers or anyone associated with the production. As a result, basically all the info posted on there is hear-say and rumors until somebody from the production (most likely an intern) is sent in to verify with IMDB that they are the metaphorical horse' mouth. After that, they go into the page and make sure everything's in order.

This usually isn't done until right before the film opens or even after it opens. So, chances are we won't be getting more accurate info from IMDB for at least two more weeks, if that.*

*And even then, I'm sure somebody will be able to hack into the page and toy around with it. Just wait and see how long it is until a troll like Martin Freeman's name to Morgan Freeman's profile.

(This post was edited by easterlingchief1 on Nov 28 2012, 6:46pm)

sycorax82
Rohan

Nov 28 2012, 7:00pm

Post #20 of 24 (899 views)
Shortcut
Without knowing any real spoilers, there is always the chance that Daín is in as a cameo [In reply to] Can't Post

There's no chance that Beorn will be in though, surely?

WhiskFishercat
Bree

Nov 28 2012, 7:11pm

Post #21 of 24 (876 views)
Shortcut
cant wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

All the positive tweets makes the next 2 weeks feel like forever.

Briar
The Shire

Nov 28 2012, 8:25pm

Post #22 of 24 (939 views)
Shortcut
This quote is encouraging: [In reply to] Can't Post

"I don't know if it was so advanced or if it was so old, that's how I would describe it. It was just gorgeous"

From this quote I get the impression that the film still has the atmosphere of antiquity that was seen in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. I can't wait to see it!

HiddenSpring
Lorien

Nov 28 2012, 10:29pm

Post #23 of 24 (568 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved that quote, and I hope I feel the same when I see it.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2012, 11:36pm

Post #24 of 24 (463 views)
Shortcut
oh wow that is nice :), *crosses fingers for the 'immersive experience' PJ likes to chat about* // [In reply to] Can't Post

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.