Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
" I think in some ways it's good to have at least one thing..."
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 10 2012, 6:16pm

Post #26 of 35 (132 views)
Shortcut
Highlander [In reply to] Can't Post

First a film (or two?) and then a tv series - is about group of immortals, who constantly fight one another, but can only be killed by complete decapitation. When one immortal decapitates another, the winner receives a transfer of power called "the quickening." Eventually all the immortals must do battle until there is only one left; the last survivor will receive "the Prize."

The film's tagline, "There can be only one," has carried on throughout the franchise, as have the songs provided for the film by Queen.

(copy and paste from Wikipedia)

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq4SqgxIKM0

It's a bit odd to hear a Frenchman (with a strong accent) play a Scot, but I enjoyed the tv series quite a lot. I had a little crush on Methos. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 10 2012, 7:14pm

Post #27 of 35 (123 views)
Shortcut
So very true [In reply to] Can't Post

There should be an extra prize for that!
I, on the other hand, intend to make that last push to reach Valinor by posting mainly things like Wink, 'what she said', and lots of //.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 12 2012, 5:59pm

Post #28 of 35 (158 views)
Shortcut
Belated by Heartily Enthusiastic CONGRATULATIONS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW!!!! Where have I been!!??!!

Hip, Hip, Hooray!! We all gather to Magpie's Call! and Footers! and Medallion!

We were all so lucky when you joined this amazing community... and you are one of those people who make it so special! *massive hug* Happy Immortality, my dear friend. Thank you for all the wonderful and generous things you do for us :)

Friends - I connected with people from these boards over the net and in real life and I've considered everyone of them friends in Tolkien. We've shared joys and disappointments and struggles and hard times and geeky spasms. We planned and schemed big schemes (map!) and punned and pantsed and partied.

Hear, hear :) You're the best!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 14 2012, 1:56pm

Post #29 of 35 (138 views)
Shortcut
Congrats Magpie! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the image you mocked up in your post, you evil bird, you! Laugh

It was great reading your "top moments" on TORn. Some I knew, the others were both interesting and fun.

Here's to MANY MORE top moments on TORn HeartSmile

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 14 2012, 3:03pm

Post #30 of 35 (139 views)
Shortcut
"The two teams become entangled as they each begin the parts where dancers dance toward each other." [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so glad I had some time to read through your whole post - I knew there would be so many Magpie Moments here and it would be well-worth it. And I certainly wasn't wrong - as I was reading through, from your first very basic post to the motherlode of musical details in Music Trivia.... smiling more and more, getting increasingly giggly (you really are quite funny, you know), that sentence & photo finally hit 'spit-coffee-at-monitor laugh out loud' level Laugh.

Congratulations on being Immortal! Wow, you look different, lol! I'm honored to make your acquaintance. Do we call you something different now Sly? Madame Magpie, perhaps?

And seriously - you help make TORn the unique place that it is. It wouldn't be TORn for me without you. Intelligent, creative, considerate, funny... I guess in the world of online forums, the best compliment is simply: "I always click on your posts!" Sly

CONGRATS Smile!!!!

Loresilme

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 14 2012, 3:11pm

Post #31 of 35 (121 views)
Shortcut
I like words like Mage and Maven... [In reply to] Can't Post

than Madame. They sound more exotic or something. ;-P

and are you saying that the line you quoted in the subject of your post is the one that made you spit your coffee?

I would have hoped it was Aunt Dora getting hit by an inflated pig bladder.

:-)

(This post was edited by Magpie on Nov 14 2012, 3:11pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 14 2012, 3:12pm

Post #32 of 35 (115 views)
Shortcut
evil or crazy? [In reply to] Can't Post

hard to determine. lol

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 14 2012, 3:15pm

Post #33 of 35 (133 views)
Shortcut
Where have you been? You've been busy! [In reply to] Can't Post

:-)

weaver
Half-elven

Nov 15 2012, 2:55am

Post #34 of 35 (109 views)
Shortcut
Late to the party, but here's my own Magpie Memorable Moment to share! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember very, very clearly when you found a comfy chair to settle into on the old TORn Movie Board -- I was so happy when you felt that you wanted to be part of the crew that hung around there at that time. It was past the crazy whirlwind when the films first came out, and the conversations were long and analytical and insightful and you added so much to the happy memories I have of that time. We've had other memorable adventures since then -- some more fun than others, I know Smile -- but in the end, it makes a pretty good Tale, doesn't it? So here's to you Magpie, thanks for all you have contributed -- and to the continued pleasure of your company around here! Happy Immortalhood!

Weaver

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 15 2012, 3:57am

Post #35 of 35 (126 views)
Shortcut
one memory I thought about... [In reply to] Can't Post

...was how insanely happy I was when they made The Hobbit movie board. I had just felt that I had found that comfy chair in the 'movie board' and then all those rowdy Hobbit folks came in and made it quite raucous. I was not happy there for awhile!

We had some great conversations, didn't we?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.