Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Grandstand seating for Red carpet event.

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 1 2012, 4:28am

Post #1 of 6 (768 views)
Shortcut
Grandstand seating for Red carpet event. Can't Post

Just received this from a Wellington promotion site.
"After granting a wish every day this October, the Wellington Wishing Well has come to an end. For the last day we got a bit wish-happy and have granted 15 Custom Wishes! Here are the winners of a double pass to the Red Carpet viewing grandstand for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey world premiere...
Erin M
Jenna E
Leanne M
Melanie M
Alison S
Alison C
Glencora P
Derrick A
Carrie B
Kirsten M
Kathy B
Kim c
Robbie G
Hong C
Elina O *Plus accommodation and extras for you, Elina!"

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 8 2012, 4:44am

Post #2 of 6 (494 views)
Shortcut
More news on grandstand seating. [In reply to] Can't Post

This comp.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/...n-Unexpected-Journey
has "RUNNER UP PRIZES x 15
*You and a friend will get to soak up the atmosphere and watch the red carpet action from exclusive grandstand seats
*A merchandise pack valued at $130. Each pack includes The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in-season double pass, cap, A5 leather notebook, battle axe and official movie guide.

athenslotr
The Shire

Nov 8 2012, 2:18pm

Post #3 of 6 (541 views)
Shortcut
Curses! [In reply to] Can't Post

All these contests require residence in NZ...and while I often wish that were the case, I am not currently a resident.

My plan remains to head out very early on Wednesday morning, secure a spot at the front somewhere along the red carpet and patiently wait.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Nov 9 2012, 4:39am

Post #4 of 6 (471 views)
Shortcut
It looks like I'll be joining you [In reply to] Can't Post

Me and my friend are coming from outside New Zealand as well. Perhaps we'll meet. (yeah, how likely is that?)

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Garfeimao
Rohan

Nov 9 2012, 10:26pm

Post #5 of 6 (445 views)
Shortcut
Are you all going to the TORn/Red Carpet party???? [In reply to] Can't Post

The party is on Nov. 26, which is that Monday, but many of the people traveling to Wellington for the Premiere ar finding that the best place to meet up and make plans for Wednesday.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Chitara

Nov 12 2012, 5:31pm

Post #6 of 6 (524 views)
Shortcut
Grandstands [In reply to] Can't Post

I point-blank asked the council about the grandstands:

Wellington City Council will be running competitions to win tickets at the Hobbit Market which is on at Waitangi Park from the 25-28 November. Positively Wellington Tourism will also be running competitions for tickets to the grandstands.

So anyone who's in Wellington in the days before the event still has a chance, be it a small one. ;)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.