Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Wellington roll call? Who's gonna be there and what do you have planned?

alienorchid
Lorien

Nov 5 2012, 10:12am

Post #1 of 23 (723 views)
Shortcut
Wellington roll call? Who's gonna be there and what do you have planned? Can't Post

I am heading to Wellington, arriving on the 26th November and leaving on the 29th. I had originally planned on going to the Red Carpet Tours party, but it's really too expensive for me and my partner. Also, I probably won't be joining the throngs on Premier day because I'm mobility impaired and crowds give me panic attacks..

..so I'm wondering if anyone has any other meetings or events planned? And I'm just generally curious to know what others will be up to during their stay in Welly?

Personally, I'm mainly there as a birthday celebration, and I'll be seeing the giant squid at Te Papa, wandering around Wellington Zoo, doing a little shopping, hanging with friends, and generally enjoying not-being in Christchurch :P

What say you, TORN-sibs?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 5 2012, 6:21pm

Post #2 of 23 (456 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm arriving early afternoon on Tuesday and leaving Thursday morning. My plan is to meet up with TORNsibs somewhere that afternoon and evening and plan for the Wednesday.

We may need to organise a central meeting place for those who are free!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 6 2012, 6:43am

Post #3 of 23 (391 views)
Shortcut
I am so jealous of you [In reply to] Can't Post

getting to see the giant squid. I haven't seen it yet. I'm expecting a full report. Cool
I hope you have a lovely time being in a functioning city - it's a real treat isn't it?
The first time I went to Auckland after the earthquakes I couldn't stop looking at the roads. They looked so....smooth!

syameese
Bree

Nov 6 2012, 7:19am

Post #4 of 23 (380 views)
Shortcut
I will be there - somewhere :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Me & Mrs Syameese will be on the Red Carpet tour so will be in town THAT day!!!

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 6 2012, 7:44am

Post #5 of 23 (376 views)
Shortcut
Red Carpet Tours/TORn party. [In reply to] Can't Post

An invite has just been circulated to *xtras.
I had already booked but I don't know how many other inhabitants of a particular watery place will be there.

alienorchid
Lorien

Nov 6 2012, 2:00pm

Post #6 of 23 (425 views)
Shortcut
Sounds great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I look forward to meeting you and whoever else is able to make it :D

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 6 2012, 6:04pm

Post #7 of 23 (532 views)
Shortcut
I was watching [In reply to] Can't Post

an episode of Police 10-7 where the camera was in a police car chasing a speeding vehicle down a suburban street, and the cop car was bouncing all around the place as if it was off-roading - but no one mentioned anything out of the ordinary. Then I clicked: They were filming cops in Christchurch.

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 7 2012, 6:21am

Post #8 of 23 (367 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

You wouldn't believe the number of cars failing warrants here due to munted shocks.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 10 2012, 12:02pm

Post #9 of 23 (543 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be with the TORn group.
Which means I'll be arriving on Sunday afternoon. In the evening an group dinner.
Monday morning no plans yet, in the afternoon Weta and in the evening the party.
Tuesday I'll be meeting up with Fellowship members from my trip in 2005. Seeing them for the first time since that trip.
Wednesday the premiere, although I don't know any timing on that yet.
Thursday back to Auckland.
On Friday Hobbiton visit!
And on Saturday flying back home.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 10 2012, 9:16pm

Post #10 of 23 (419 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't believe I'm leaving next Saturday!

I arrive in Wellington on the 24th with the TORN group. Leave the 29th for Auckland, where we will visit Hobbiton, then back to the US on 1 December.

It's hard to figure out a good meeting place since I'm sure there will be crowds of people everywhere. Anything near the Embassy will be hopeless. We'll have to designate a coffee shop on Cuba Street for a gathering place.

silvereyed
The Shire

Nov 11 2012, 5:32am

Post #11 of 23 (316 views)
Shortcut
So excited! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm coming to Wellington from the 27th to the 1st :)
My last NCEA exam is on the 21st, and it's like a celebration after graduating high school!

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 11 2012, 5:57am

Post #12 of 23 (333 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great celebration you will have. Cool I am assuming from the mention of NCEA that you are another Kiwi. There are a few of us around here.
And speaking of feathered creatures, are you named after one of my favourite birds, by any chance?

silvereyed
The Shire

Nov 11 2012, 7:45am

Post #13 of 23 (307 views)
Shortcut
kiwi :) [In reply to] Can't Post

My last name is Hawke, if that's what you mean! And yeah, I'm from New Zealand - I live in Auckland.

Starling
Half-elven

Nov 11 2012, 7:55am

Post #14 of 23 (576 views)
Shortcut
The silvereye [In reply to] Can't Post

is one of my favourite birds. But hawks are also cool!
And good luck for your exams.

alienorchid
Lorien

Nov 12 2012, 11:32am

Post #15 of 23 (290 views)
Shortcut
That's so awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 12 2012, 7:49pm

Post #16 of 23 (291 views)
Shortcut
So exciting! I wish I was going to be there with you all! [In reply to] Can't Post

I SO look forward to hearing everyone's stories!

HEY... can somebody go up into the high seats of The Embassy and see if they can find Xoanon's seat? He can't remember which one it is, and now it's become a matter of principle to me ;) OCD RUNS RAMPANT!!

But seriously... I wish all of you going a very Bon Voyage and an experience you'll warm yourself with for the rest of your days!

*huggles*

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Moahunter
Rohan

Nov 12 2012, 9:29pm

Post #17 of 23 (552 views)
Shortcut
Xoanon's seat. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Gramma, according to the info. you sent me its V36.

NZJackie

Nov 18 2012, 9:30pm

Post #18 of 23 (237 views)
Shortcut
I'm going! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey guys, Jackie here! I'm totally gunna be there for the Premiere and would love to hang out with my fellow major fans as I'm the only one in my group of friends here who likes LOTR or TH enough to travel to Wellington for it. :D
I'm in on the 27th until the 29h and my plan was to hang around the Embassy all day waiting, you know, get there massively early to get a good place. ;D
I'd love to not be the only one, or have something else to do entirely with others so I can meet new fans and actually have a 2-sided Tolkien Conversation :D

NZJ

Magpie
Immortal

Nov 18 2012, 9:44pm

Post #19 of 23 (242 views)
Shortcut
I think we need confirmation though // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 18 2012, 11:32pm

Post #20 of 23 (284 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully [In reply to] Can't Post

once we (those who are going to Wellington) know what our Wednesday plans are, we can post an update here so that others can join us if they wish. It'll be great to have a gathering of as many fans as possible. :)

Ataahua's stories

NZJackie

Nov 19 2012, 6:23am

Post #21 of 23 (211 views)
Shortcut
This just popped up [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/culture/7970359/Hobbit-red-carpet-details-revealed

Not only does it say who is coming, but there is the time it starts as well so things can be planned :D

NZJ

World Famous in New Zealand

NZJackie

Nov 24 2012, 11:19pm

Post #22 of 23 (224 views)
Shortcut
So... [In reply to] Can't Post

What do you think we should do? At the moment my plans include waiting around The Embassy all day and that's about it...lol

NZJ

World Famous in New Zealand

alienorchid
Lorien

Nov 25 2012, 11:36am

Post #23 of 23 (389 views)
Shortcut
What I'm thinking [In reply to] Can't Post

is that I'll go sit in a cafe at like 10.30am? And anyone who wants to can come have a coffee and we can all flail excitedly at each other about the movie :) My friend suggested a little place called Meow, which is on a little side street that comes off Victoria St.. it would be good because we wouldn't have to contend with foot traffic, but my only concern is that the food is quite expensive...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.