Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Win a copy of The Hobbit signed by the cast!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Oct 30 2012, 1:21pm

Post #1 of 5 (241 views)
Shortcut
Win a copy of The Hobbit signed by the cast! Can't Post

Kiwi Ringers! You could win a copy of The Hobbit signed by the Dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf! NZ Charity Skylight is raising money by auctioning a signed copy of The Hobbit. Skylight offers counselling and support to children suffering all kinds of trauma and grief  in their families - things such as earthquakes, mining disasters,  illness and violence. They’re a fantastic service and we would like to support this actors' initiative to help them. You would need to have a New Zealand TradeMe account to bid on the auction, which goes live on November 20.....happy bidding. Read More

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 30 2012, 9:31pm)

geordie
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 7:49pm

Post #2 of 5 (181 views)
Shortcut
Hullo [In reply to] Can't Post

- Smile - may I suggest you might want to change the thread title to 'a copy of The Hobbit signed by the movie cast'?

In Tolkien collecting circles, a 'signed copy of The Hobbit' can mean only one thing*... nearly made me spill my tea when I read that.

*well, two things, really - that is, a copy of TH signed by JRR, or - as in my case - a 1987 leather bound de luxe copy, signed by Christopher.

Smile

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 30 2012, 9:32pm

Post #3 of 5 (163 views)
Shortcut
Fair call! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

geordie
Tol Eressea

Oct 30 2012, 9:35pm

Post #4 of 5 (160 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 30 2012, 9:47pm

Post #5 of 5 (166 views)
Shortcut
What a wonderful idea :) [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes me so happy when I see fundraisers that will do so much good! Wonderful!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.