First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Seaber
Rivendell

Oct 6 2012, 5:06pm

Post #1 of 76 (12338 views)
Shortcut
New Yazneg information Can't Post

Warning, *Spoilers* within.

A lego poster has been released showing six new Hobbit sets.

Yazneg appears to be riding the albino warg in the Out of the Frying Pan scene.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69506&st=6975#entry1408331

Sorry if this is old news!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 5:14pm

Post #2 of 76 (9456 views)
Shortcut
Other interesting things .... [In reply to] Can't Post

- The Mirkwood elves are drinking
- But the key is hung from the wall, and not on the guard
- The Dwarves appear to be in the same dungeon, in the same cellar, rather than separate across Thranduil's Halls
- Blue flames in the trees, and some goblin "contraptions" on the ground
- No lids and the barrels, and they seem to be rolled in

Thanks for posting this!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Oct 6 2012, 5:20pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 5:16pm

Post #3 of 76 (9315 views)
Shortcut
Could that be Azog? [In reply to] Can't Post

He looks to sport a different outfit and weapon than Yazneg, and could well be a Lego version of a "pale" Orc ALA Bolg! Supposedly, Azog rides an albino "she wolf" into battle.

I suppose it could be Yazneg, however...can't really tell from the video/pic.

But it seems that the Necromancer's forces will be amongst the attacking characters in Out of the Frying Pan...not sure what happens here...perhaps at least one the Goblins is loyal to Azog, and sends word when the Dwarves are captured crossing the mountains? Still, they'd have to get to the vicinity of Goblin-town pretty quickly from Dol Guldur. What, is the Necromancer sent a message via courier-bat? Tongue

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 5:22pm

Post #4 of 76 (9189 views)
Shortcut
Another sign it may be Azog... [In reply to] Can't Post

That big thing around its neck could work well in keeping on the head of something who's head was detached, say, in and/or near Moria?

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 5:22pm

Post #5 of 76 (9142 views)
Shortcut
It is Yazneg [In reply to] Can't Post

The mini-figure says Yazneg on the set. Smile

Riddles for the Ring - Gollum and Bilbo
Escape from the Mirkwood Spiders - Tauriel, Legolas, Fili and Kili
Attack of the Wargs - Thorin and Bifur, Yazneg and 2 orcs
Barrel Escape - Bilbo, 2 elves, Gloin, and Oin
Bag End - Gandalf, Bilbo, Bombur, Bofur, Balin, and Dwalin
The Goblin King Battle - Goblin King, 3 orcs, Gandalf, Nori, Dori, Thorin

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Oct 6 2012, 5:24pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 5:28pm

Post #6 of 76 (9174 views)
Shortcut
It does? [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems like people on the LEGO site are assuming that it's Yazneg, but I looked at the videos/pics and didn't see the figure clearly labelled anywhere (it is on the poster, but the name isn't visible on the video).

EDIT: I had seen the listing above, but it's prefaced with this statement: "So, it appears the sets have these minifigures", making it appear to be an educated guess based on the video in question. Wink

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Oct 6 2012, 5:32pm)

Carne
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 5:33pm

Post #7 of 76 (9112 views)
Shortcut
Pretty sure it's Yazneg: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/.../uploads/yazneg2.jpg

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 5:37pm

Post #8 of 76 (9128 views)
Shortcut
My mistake :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm pretty sure it's Yazneg though. He's still currently uploading pictures on to that forum. The OP in that forums says he can't read the name on the boxes from the poster, but they're pretty clear to me. We'll know soon enough. Wink

Carne
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 5:39pm

Post #9 of 76 (9002 views)
Shortcut
He also says the poster is too big for his scanner [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't he do it in parts? Crazy

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 5:40pm

Post #10 of 76 (9001 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm...possibly. [In reply to] Can't Post

Doesn't really look like Yazneg IMO, while say, Thorin and Bifur look like Thorin and Bifur there.

Yazneg has a brown/grey outfit seemingly made of skin and bone, protruding scaled armor, and a unique scythe or something. The LEGO figure has a black outfit, a large neck piece and a bone axe. Granted, they are both bald however. Tongue

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 5:44pm

Post #11 of 76 (9068 views)
Shortcut
His scythe looks like it could be a bone, to me. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I think we're forgetting that is is *only* a LEGO mini-figure ... it's never going to look exactly like the film character. Wink Dwarves are quite easy to replicate into LEGO characters.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 5:45pm

Post #12 of 76 (9065 views)
Shortcut
Having expanded it to full screen... [In reply to] Can't Post

The figure appears to be bare-chested ALA Yazneg...I tried to get the name from the poster, but it was illegible (thought it DOES appear to start with a "Y"). So yeah, leaning now towards it being a very shoddy adaptation of Yazneg.

Kind-of crappy that they've just recycled the Moria Orcs from LotR rather than doing proper Misty Mountain Goblins seen in TH for the set.

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Oct 6 2012, 5:49pm)

Seaber
Rivendell

Oct 6 2012, 5:52pm

Post #13 of 76 (9354 views)
Shortcut
There are new goblin designs in the Great Goblin set :) [In reply to] Can't Post

One thing I've noticed, the elf in the barrel set is not Tauriel. I thought she was chief of the woodland guard. Have I got this wrong, or could this be a different/generic elf character?

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 6 2012, 5:57pm

Post #14 of 76 (8778 views)
Shortcut
Looks cool [In reply to] Can't Post

I love these Lego sets. I may not get them all but I love them. From what I've seen of this character he's a very cool design. I'm interested to see this guy in action.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 5:58pm

Post #15 of 76 (8847 views)
Shortcut
Might be Galion and a random elf. [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 5:59pm

Post #16 of 76 (8770 views)
Shortcut
Since Tauriel is in the Mirkwood forest set, I'm guessing it's a random elf / [In reply to] Can't Post

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 6 2012, 6:06pm

Post #17 of 76 (9077 views)
Shortcut
Erm.. who are the characters in the Great Goblin set? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Seaber
Rivendell

Oct 6 2012, 6:10pm

Post #18 of 76 (9077 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf, Ori, Nori, Dori, Great Goblin, Short Goblin, two Regular Goblins [In reply to] Can't Post

The short goblin may be Grinnah.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 6 2012, 6:11pm

Post #19 of 76 (8998 views)
Shortcut
Awesome, thanks for this! // [In reply to] Can't Post

triptrap
Lorien

Oct 6 2012, 6:42pm

Post #20 of 76 (8800 views)
Shortcut
nice find [In reply to] Can't Post

but some of this really worries me.

I'm pretty sure the guy on the warg is Yazneg, but what the hell is he supposed to do in the warg scene, he should be in Dol Guldur if we go after the description. Also: Does this mean that there will be other Dol Guldur forces in that scene? Looks like, after all there are also regular orcs in that set, not ones with the new design of the misty mountains Mad

But what is even worse: Legolas and Tauriel in the Spiders sceneCrazy
I may be reading a bit too much into that, but if they're really the ones to rescue the dwarves or even only help bilbo, instead of Bilbo doing it alone(which is one of the most important and most character developing moments of Bilbo) it would mess it all up completely

meh ... Unsure

Seaber
Rivendell

Oct 6 2012, 6:52pm

Post #21 of 76 (8677 views)
Shortcut
Quite often the sets are based on a scene [In reply to] Can't Post

But might have different characters to those that appear in the scene, or based of a preliminary story/image which can change.

However, Legolas and Tauriel have have character discriptions saying they follow their hearts and have to chose between what they think is right and Thranduil's wishes. Perhaps it could be in relation to rescuing the dwarves.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 6:54pm

Post #22 of 76 (8732 views)
Shortcut
I think you're confusing Yazneg with Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

There has been no description of Yazneg.

As for the Elves in Mirkwood, I still think we Bilbo will save the Dwarves, but then the Elves turn up and get rid of the rest of the spiders. Bilbo's story arc is about saving the Dwarves, and them learning to trust him. They can't remove a section out of his arc. Especially as the Dwarves start trusting Bilbo a lot more after Mirkwood.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2012, 6:54pm

Post #23 of 76 (8681 views)
Shortcut
Supposedly the Elves do indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

rescue the Dwarves from the Spiders (or they fight the Spiders together).

This was mentioned in the 2013 annual book and somewhere else I believe (the Comic-Con 2012 reports)?

We'll have to see how it plays out...it could either work rather well as a heroic introduction to the Wood Elves who promptly turn out to be antagonistic toward the Dwarves (reversing the audience's expectations)...or it could plain stink and come off like bad fan-fic.

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Oct 6 2012, 7:23pm

Post #24 of 76 (8699 views)
Shortcut
But Yazneg is still not a goblin [In reply to] Can't Post

What would he have to do with the goblins and wargs? Maybe to introduce the Dol Guldur enemies as a lead in to DoS?

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 7:30pm

Post #25 of 76 (8649 views)
Shortcut
Likely [In reply to] Can't Post

There will probably will be a connection between Dol Guldur and Goblin Town - Yazneg serves that purpose. Perhaps he goes on to Dol Guldur after the attack, assuming he isn't killed.

Since he his more man than anything else, I guess he is a deformed/tortured/mutant Mirkwood woodman. Though he could easily be an Easterling. Hey, he might even be the Mouth of Sauron. Unimpressed

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Oct 6 2012, 7:30pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.