Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*unlocks doors* It's time for Friday Fiesta! :D
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 5:04pm

Post #26 of 85 (726 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds yummy, indeed! :)

*gets tea*

Hope you have a great weekend, ShyElf! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 5:05pm

Post #27 of 85 (753 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

She's up and about, she just can't drive yet, so The Gaffer just left to pick her up and take her to the rehab center. We're going to try and convince her to have dinner with us tonight. Chicken soup is good for everything, right! Tongue

Have a great weekend!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 5:06pm

Post #28 of 85 (723 views)
Shortcut
Good to see you, ShyElf! [In reply to] Can't Post

Already anticipating those Thanksgiving leftovers? But there are months and months before Thank--- Oh. It's coming right up, isn't it? Where has the year gone? Tongue

Have a good weekend!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 5:07pm

Post #29 of 85 (689 views)
Shortcut
Hey there, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounds awesome! :D

*gets hot chocolate*

Hope you all have a wonderful time! *hugs* :)

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 5:09pm

Post #30 of 85 (746 views)
Shortcut
The sea! The sea! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, all right, large bodies of water with waves Tongue I, too, find seacoasts to be soul-refreshing, not that I realized this until I was of mature years, because I grew up well inland. But when I finally discovered the sea, well, the love affair is still going on. Heart

Have a sip of hot chocolate and a wander along the shore for me!

ShyElf
Lorien

Oct 5 2012, 5:13pm

Post #31 of 85 (714 views)
Shortcut
It seems like it is early this year [In reply to] Can't Post

Even for Canada! It even caught me by surprise when I realized it was Oct 8th this year. Usually Canadian Thanksgiving is about a week later.

...still dreaming of leftovers ....

Cheers!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 5:30pm

Post #32 of 85 (736 views)
Shortcut
My usual [In reply to] Can't Post

is a grande skinny hazelnut latte.

And yes, I've had baristas ready with my coffee on the one day I decided to switch up my order. Always makes for an interesting morning Cool

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 5:31pm

Post #33 of 85 (756 views)
Shortcut
I had my pumpkin spice latte when they arrived [In reply to] Can't Post

with whipped cream on top and it was everything that I hoped it would be.

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 5:37pm

Post #34 of 85 (701 views)
Shortcut
This took me far too long to realise what you were saying ... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

But - you know, that's a good idea. Some classic Doctor Who episodes....hmmm, might be just what The Doctor ordered!

I thought you were unwell ... Tongue Too slow this afternoon!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 5 2012, 5:39pm

Post #35 of 85 (688 views)
Shortcut
I love Pentwater! [In reply to] Can't Post

We spent many a wonderful vacation at Mears State Park. I drove through Pentwater in early August, had an ice cream cone at the Dari Creme, and shopped at the old Gustafson's. I've also driven through there in the winter, and it's just as beautiful then.

I'm always sad when I drive by the site of the old Nickerso Inn. I hated seeing that come down.

Do you climb Mt. Baldy at the rear of the campground? I'm not sure I can do it anymore.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 6:00pm

Post #36 of 85 (766 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the lovely photo! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you'll post more after your visit to the lake. The biggest natural lake in Colorado is only 500 acres, or a little less than a square mile. So Lake Michigan looks like the sea to me, and I love looking at photos of the sea :-) Have a great time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Oct 5 2012, 6:06pm

Post #37 of 85 (732 views)
Shortcut
I woke up to snow this morning :-( [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a blanket to cover a hobbit's toes, (and mine: I went out in the dark in my bare feet to get the newspaper.) But I hate to see it come. Every year I wish it would just snow in the mountains, and mostly it works that way, but not always.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

ShyElf
Lorien

Oct 5 2012, 6:11pm

Post #38 of 85 (706 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Too funny!

Cheers!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 6:15pm

Post #39 of 85 (686 views)
Shortcut
Snow already? :P [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Aunt Dora!

*gets warming drink-of-choice*

Snow notwithstanding :) , I hope you have a great weekend! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 7:05pm

Post #40 of 85 (716 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out Self-Serve Sign* Thanks for having me as a sub today, everybody! Hope you all have great weekends! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2012, 7:48pm

Post #41 of 85 (699 views)
Shortcut
nice! :) could I have an Amaretto on the Rocks please! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm leaving back to University tomorrow :D
Packing like a madman
gruelling 5 1/2 car journey to York Crazy

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 5 2012, 8:14pm

Post #42 of 85 (666 views)
Shortcut
Have a safe trip! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've you see a red Renault, it might be me! Wink

Are you looking forward to starting again?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 5 2012, 9:44pm

Post #43 of 85 (824 views)
Shortcut
Wow! It looks oddly--and gorgeously--like Cape Cod (National Seashore). [In reply to] Can't Post

Next time I go home to Nebraska I'll have to veer north and take a peek!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Oct 5 2012, 9:45pm

Post #44 of 85 (764 views)
Shortcut
So I don't have to ask, "Whats snew with you?" :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 6 2012, 1:17am

Post #45 of 85 (711 views)
Shortcut
The mini-ocean! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Great Lakes always amaze me, they're so large they're like mini-oceans! Laugh You've got an advantage over us on the southern coast of Conn.: because LI Sound is sheltered by Long Island, we rarely get those nice high waves - which are perfect for sending stuff up onto the sand!

What do you usually find - or maybe i should ask for later tomorrow: what all did you find, this time! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 6 2012, 1:20am

Post #46 of 85 (676 views)
Shortcut
Snow? In October? [In reply to] Can't Post

I shouldn't say that too loudly, since we got whammed with "Snowtober" last year! Crazy

But this isn't all that early for your first snow, is it? I bet it looked lovely on the trees! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

sherlock
Gondor

Oct 6 2012, 10:40am

Post #47 of 85 (669 views)
Shortcut
Have fun, gramma!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Oct 6 2012, 12:51pm

Post #48 of 85 (672 views)
Shortcut
It's not at all unusual. [In reply to] Can't Post

There's almost always snow on or near Halloween (and sometimes roses blooming at Christmastime). We've had snow as early as Labor Day. I just hate to see it come.

Patty
Immortal

Oct 6 2012, 1:27pm

Post #49 of 85 (676 views)
Shortcut
I've got the grand kids so I'm late again [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'll take my K&C anyway.Wink

Permanent address: Into the West

Annael
Half-elven

Oct 6 2012, 2:15pm

Post #50 of 85 (628 views)
Shortcut
send it here then [In reply to] Can't Post

we're burning up. Not only are there wildfires on the east side of the Cascades, which is typical, but there's a big one burning about 50 miles south of me. No rain in two months and none in the forecast.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.