Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New Poster
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

architecthis
Lorien

Oct 1 2012, 3:41pm

Post #1 of 91 (6492 views)
Shortcut
New Poster Can't Post

http://www.tolkiendrim.com/une-nouvelle-affiche-pour-le-hobbit/

gar-mogoth
The Shire

Oct 1 2012, 3:44pm

Post #2 of 91 (3832 views)
Shortcut
Nice [In reply to] Can't Post

For me, this poster looks good and bit like the trilogy posters.

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Oct 1 2012, 3:46pm

Post #3 of 91 (3846 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

I do like the look of it, but the size of Kili makes me panic... Aragorn light?

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 1 2012, 3:46pm

Post #4 of 91 (3716 views)
Shortcut
Is it actually a poster yet? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is originally from a t-shirt.

As I've said elsewhere, it's a shame they haven't put more Dwarves in ... and why does Thorin have centre stage? He's in Bilbo's spot!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Carne
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 3:52pm

Post #5 of 91 (3661 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I thought this was a design for the t-shirts? [In reply to] Can't Post

Might not be an actual poster.

Though as it's officially licensed I guess this confirms our speculation about the 6 main dwarves.

Thorin, Kili, Fili, Dwalin, Balin and Bofur.

(This post was edited by Carne on Oct 1 2012, 3:55pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 1 2012, 3:56pm

Post #6 of 91 (3621 views)
Shortcut
Order of importance [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, my best guess would now be something like:

Thorin
Balin
Fili & Kili
Dwalin
Bofur
Gloin & Bombur
Oin
Dori, Nori, Ori
Bifur

chrism628
Bree

Oct 1 2012, 4:00pm

Post #7 of 91 (3761 views)
Shortcut
Bolg is Scary [In reply to] Can't Post

I would regard Peter Jackson's designs hardly scary but this Bolg creature is looking nasty. The face reminds me a bit of the Linda Blair in the 1973 film The Exorcist..yikes!

redgiraffe
Rohan

Oct 1 2012, 4:09pm

Post #8 of 91 (3551 views)
Shortcut
the rest? [In reply to] Can't Post

So what do you guys think will be made of the rest of the dwarves?

I like the picture a lot btw. Bolt looks much better in a more suited environment than the background of a toy box.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

narflet
Bree

Oct 1 2012, 4:19pm

Post #9 of 91 (3668 views)
Shortcut
Yes (amazon link) [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a poster, I posted that link in the thread about Celebrian, that's where they got it from.

I've also since discovered that you can buy it on amazon (UK).

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 4:26pm

Post #10 of 91 (3511 views)
Shortcut
Still not sure if it's one of the official film posters... [In reply to] Can't Post

Since it didn't come from official channels. I'd love a hi-res image...

burgahobbit
Rohan

Oct 1 2012, 4:31pm

Post #11 of 91 (3539 views)
Shortcut
I really really love this one! [In reply to] Can't Post

The other two were just okay in my opinion. I actually liked the original two teasers better. But this one is just great! Somewhat reminiscent of the LOTR posters yet it has it's own unique feel due to the darkness. The different goblins/orcs are great and the dwarves they selected are some of the most memorable ones in the book. I also like Bilbo with the ring and Gandalf looking afraid. This poster is just awesome! Smile

narflet
Bree

Oct 1 2012, 4:32pm

Post #12 of 91 (3465 views)
Shortcut
I know what you mean... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's 'official' in the sense that it is official merchandising (you can see the branding at the bottom), but I suspect it's not an 'official' cinema oversized poster sheet, and is just a personal display poster.

Is that what you mean? Because merchandising like this is starting to appear from all over the place now - plushies, toys, bedding, towels, alarm clocks, etc - and they're all 'official' (i.e. licensed), but none of them are going to be posted on Peter Jackson's facebook page, or even the official Hobbit website as they're not 'top tier' stuff. If you get what I mean.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 1 2012, 4:32pm

Post #13 of 91 (3450 views)
Shortcut
Only 3.99 ... I'm tempted ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Would anyone with photoshop skills like to line this up with the 3 official LOTR posters? Angelic

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 4:39pm

Post #14 of 91 (3604 views)
Shortcut
It's just confirming what we've seen previously [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin, Kili, Fili, Balin, Dwalin and Bofur are going to be the most notorious Dwarves, with Thorin and Kili having the lion share of the attention. Perhaps Bombor would be somewhere there too, but they found no place on him in the design. Laugh

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 4:40pm

Post #15 of 91 (3430 views)
Shortcut
Yes. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Is that what you mean?

triptrap
Lorien

Oct 1 2012, 4:54pm

Post #16 of 91 (3469 views)
Shortcut
i like this one [In reply to] Can't Post

especially with the baddiesWink

Bolg is incredible, he looks so nasty and mean. If all the speculation is true and all that hair-stuff is trophys he is the total badass orc.

also i thik if you compare the fimbul figure and the picture i'm pretty sure fimbul's the one directly next to bolg. He also looke terrifying. And it confirms one thing(which you can see either positive or not) the action figures are really quite bad and have only little resemblance to the character's faces Wink

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Oct 1 2012, 4:57pm

Post #17 of 91 (3441 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the way that the eyes just shine with malevolence makes gives him a hint of terrifying intelligence. Not crazy about the scalp and beard trophies, they could be better placed elsewhere on his body without making him look quite so silly

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 1 2012, 5:06pm

Post #18 of 91 (3485 views)
Shortcut
Messy attempt in Paint... [In reply to] Can't Post

Just screen-capped the posters :P

http://24.media.tumblr.com/...rh1qeueh2o1_1280.png

Someone else can do it better, I'm sure.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 5:14pm

Post #19 of 91 (3451 views)
Shortcut
Yep, and also love how Bolg has very demonic/crocodilian vertical pupils...makes him look quite creepy! [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 5:17pm

Post #20 of 91 (3367 views)
Shortcut
Agreed, it increasingly seems the Dwarves on the new poster will be the big six...// [In reply to] Can't Post

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 5:19pm

Post #21 of 91 (3337 views)
Shortcut
Excellent...quite like it, though I do wish Bilbo were featured more prominently. // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 1 2012, 5:21pm

Post #22 of 91 (3307 views)
Shortcut
This is great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Thanks QuackingTroll. The bottom two posters fit in nicely!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 5:24pm

Post #23 of 91 (3315 views)
Shortcut
Nice job...Th posters seem to belong right next to those from LotR. // [In reply to] Can't Post

stoutfiles
Rohan

Oct 1 2012, 5:42pm

Post #24 of 91 (3508 views)
Shortcut
Yep (spoiler below) [In reply to] Can't Post

And the fact that Kili doesn't survive the final battle. PJ likes emotional deaths, so we need to be emotionally attached to the character by then.

waaimasjien
Bree

Oct 1 2012, 6:02pm

Post #25 of 91 (3601 views)
Shortcut
This is all kinds of bad. [In reply to] Can't Post

If they're going to put this in theaters, they're out of their minds.

The poster lacks focus and uniformity, has awkward placement of characters, is way too busy and features a stupid lens flare.
It's like some intern got 50 promo images and thought, 'let's put in most of these, regardless of how it looks'.

This is probably just one of those posters you buy for home decoration though. Nice to see Bolg!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.