Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Benedict Cumberbatch will *little spoiler*

Dark Lord

Sep 30 2012, 8:25pm

Post #1 of 17 (5660 views)
Shortcut
Benedict Cumberbatch will *little spoiler* Can't Post

most probably be in the first movie. Look here. Unfortunately, we will only see him winking.

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Sep 30 2012, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 17 (3510 views)
Shortcut
I can't see how this fits in with the eagles being at the end. [In reply to] Can't Post

Makes me hope that this is wrong, and that Cumberbatch is just a source of bad information. He said that Sauron was in the Battle of Five Armies ages ago so it'd be nice if he was wrong there as well.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 30 2012, 8:36pm

Post #3 of 17 (3822 views)
Shortcut
This is a re-hash of an older article [In reply to] Can't Post

When there were just 2 films.

Edit: Swear word in the article. Beware.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Sep 30 2012, 8:37pm)

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Sep 30 2012, 8:38pm

Post #4 of 17 (3530 views)
Shortcut
Although this interview was prior to the three film split [In reply to] Can't Post

So not necessarily.

LR

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 30 2012, 8:44pm

Post #5 of 17 (3768 views)
Shortcut
I should clarify [In reply to] Can't Post

The quote about him winking was from August this year, after the interview had just taken place. Total Film are now publishing the full article. So not a re-hash. Apologies.

Smile

aifeme
Rivendell

Sep 30 2012, 8:50pm

Post #6 of 17 (3648 views)
Shortcut
O gosh, swear word, that's terrible... [In reply to] Can't Post

But seriouslyWink
I've visited TORn since 2001...Why people are so soft and delicate here?Crazy

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 30 2012, 8:53pm

Post #7 of 17 (3541 views)
Shortcut
Because it's a family friendly forum [In reply to] Can't Post

And swearing is generally offensive to many. And slightly shocked if the word isn't removed from the hard copy of the interview. There might be kids/youngsters reading, and even some adults who would prefer not reading something rude. I wouldn't want an 8 year old reading it, then repeating what they just read to their parents ...

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Sep 30 2012, 8:56pm)

Lightice
Lorien

Sep 30 2012, 9:56pm

Post #8 of 17 (3483 views)
Shortcut
Not surprising [In reply to] Can't Post

We've already been teasted that Smaug will make a some kind of apperance in the first movie, most likely in flashback. Benedict Cumberbatch's contribution will most likely be just a little mocap work, however, and we probably just see a partial glimpse of the dragon. .

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Sep 30 2012, 10:05pm

Post #9 of 17 (3662 views)
Shortcut
Honestly at this point [In reply to] Can't Post

I have very little faith in Cumberbatches comments. I really don't think he has a clue other than what his dialogue is as to what his characters do in the films, from the way he talks about his roles. Then again maybe he is simply being misleading who knows. But at this point I really don't see Smaug making an appearance in AUJ since the dwarves are no where near Erobor and the only real place for any type of flashback sequence would be Bilbo's house during the unexpected party. Which we might see something(smoke, fire, and mere shadows probably) but we almost assuredly will not get any glimpses of Smaug until film 2

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 30 2012, 10:40pm

Post #10 of 17 (3671 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't take Cumberbatch's comment too literally... [In reply to] Can't Post

He may just be hinting at a brief glimpse of Smaug in the film--say in a flashback to his attack and occupation of Erebor. Even if AUJ does end with a brief shot of Smaug's eye, we could still get such a flashback.

'Thus spake Ioreth, wise-woman of Gondor: The hands of the king are the hands of a healer, and so shall the rightful king be known.' - Gandalf the White

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 1 2012, 9:53am

Post #11 of 17 (3298 views)
Shortcut
Might not even be Smaug ... it could be the Necromancer winking ... / [In reply to] Can't Post

Phibbus
Rohan

Oct 1 2012, 12:05pm

Post #12 of 17 (2977 views)
Shortcut
No,sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

Nobody named Sauron at this address

<wink>

Man is but an ass if he go about to expound this dream.

Fardragon
Rohan

Oct 1 2012, 3:15pm

Post #13 of 17 (3152 views)
Shortcut
My opinion: [In reply to] Can't Post

Post credits sequence.

Huge close up of Smaug's eye. It snaps open. Text: The Journey continues in The Desolation of Smaug, coming December 2013.

A Far Dragon is the best kind...

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2012, 3:34pm

Post #14 of 17 (2968 views)
Shortcut
Cheesy [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet he won't do that. Wink

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 1 2012, 3:47pm

Post #15 of 17 (3133 views)
Shortcut
Cumberbatch never said anything about winking. [In reply to] Can't Post

He only talked about a 'sleeping' dragon opening an eye. Only posters in these forums has suggested a 'wink'.

'Thus spake Ioreth, wise-woman of Gondor: The hands of the king are the hands of a healer, and so shall the rightful king be known.' - Gandalf the White

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 1 2012, 3:49pm

Post #16 of 17 (3030 views)
Shortcut
I was only joking about the winking ... / [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 1 2012, 4:10pm

Post #17 of 17 (3044 views)
Shortcut
Okay... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was only joking about the winking

Fine. But you weren't the first person to post about it either.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.