Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The courtesy of our hall is somewhat lessened of late. (Admin Announcement, ALL PLEASE READ)
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 29 2012, 7:27pm

Post #26 of 91 (6910 views)
Shortcut
Are you still passing out the "ignore cards"? [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueAngelic

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

imin
Valinor

Aug 29 2012, 7:38pm

Post #27 of 91 (6711 views)
Shortcut
I want to add that i am sorry for any part i have played in this and meant no offense to anyone // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 29 2012, 7:55pm

Post #28 of 91 (6761 views)
Shortcut
Oh, most definitely! [In reply to] Can't Post

*hands everyone a free "Ignore DanielLB" card*

Everyone did read the small print didn't they?

It only works for 5 posts, after that there's a renewal fee! Tongue

imin
Valinor

Aug 29 2012, 7:57pm

Post #29 of 91 (6738 views)
Shortcut
So its good for [In reply to] Can't Post

about 5 mins before renewal, lol. That's a good money making scheme!

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 29 2012, 8:01pm

Post #30 of 91 (6722 views)
Shortcut
I'll make it fairer, you can choose which 5 posts to ignore! ;-P / [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Aug 29 2012, 8:02pm)

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Aug 29 2012, 10:11pm

Post #31 of 91 (6615 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you around these parts Kangi. [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I must confess, I've been missing the grumpier/sarcastic version of Kangi. Wink

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 29 2012, 11:22pm

Post #32 of 91 (6750 views)
Shortcut
Better gimme a handful, then. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 30 2012, 12:53am

Post #33 of 91 (6676 views)
Shortcut
I apologize as well... [In reply to] Can't Post

...if any of my behavior has contributed to the downturn in atmosphere on the boards (I'll freely admit, I prefer to get the last word in a debate! Tongue). I'll try and keep more of check on my posting style in the future. Hopefully, excitement and optimism will win out over doubt or bickering in the coming months as we finally begin our long-expected journey! Smile

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Aug 30 2012, 1:30am

Post #34 of 91 (6618 views)
Shortcut
I have been bighting my tongue. [In reply to] Can't Post

With little real news coming out the threads haven't offered much to sink my beak into. Also turning 64 woke me up. I took an oath to be a kinder and gentler old crow. Besides if I get grumpy I am certain to get a little note.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Aug 30 2012, 2:05am

Post #35 of 91 (6611 views)
Shortcut
Apologies [In reply to] Can't Post

I apologize if I've broken any rules or offended anyone. Trust me, it's not my intent, I don't like to offend (or be offended). I will be more careful from now on.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 30 2012, 3:37am

Post #36 of 91 (6816 views)
Shortcut
Reading over the whole list [In reply to] Can't Post

I am certainly guilty of occasionally violating some of those standards. My apologies to everyone and anyone that may have been on the receiving end! I promise to buy you some chocolates, if you tell me who you are! Smile

geordie
Tol Eressea

Aug 30 2012, 12:11pm

Post #37 of 91 (6664 views)
Shortcut
My name is geordie [In reply to] Can't Post

- and I like Yorkie bars.

Tongue

macfalk
Valinor

Aug 30 2012, 5:09pm

Post #38 of 91 (6634 views)
Shortcut
Geordie [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel that I have been debating pretty harshly towards you in the films & book debates of late. If I have crossed the line in any occasion, I sincerely apologize.

A thread like this is a healthy reminder indeed that we are all supposed to behave in a good manner, and I feel guilty for having been a part of the rather heated discussions of late.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Patty
Immortal

Aug 31 2012, 6:55pm

Post #39 of 91 (6469 views)
Shortcut
Well worded, as usual, Silverlode. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've just been steering clear.

Thanks.

Permanent address: Into the West

geordie
Tol Eressea

Aug 31 2012, 7:39pm

Post #40 of 91 (6453 views)
Shortcut
Not to worry - [In reply to] Can't Post

- I haven't taken any offence, and I hope I haven't given any.

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Aug 31 2012, 8:21pm

Post #41 of 91 (6420 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for posting this! [In reply to] Can't Post

Whilst I am relatively new to these boards, it has been very easy to notice certain problems and unhealthy debates occurring from time to time. I raise my hand and admit that I am not guilt-free in the slightest. As some others have stated of themselves, I am one of those people who are prone to wild moments of passion (I still regret that terrible thread I made about the Arkenstone a month or so ago!).

Therefore, I would like to use this thread as an opportunity to sincerely apologize to anyone and everyone that I may have inadvertently upset during my time here. To paraphrase Peter Quince "You should think I come not to offend, but with good will."

"Radagast is, of course, a worthy wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue, and he has much lore of herbs and beasts, and birds are especially his friends."-Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings.

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Aug 31 2012, 11:32pm

Post #42 of 91 (6533 views)
Shortcut
mods up [In reply to] Can't Post

I mostly avoid the Hobbit board because I don't want to know everything about the movie before I see it, and the occasional peek in the door has shown a much more rough and tumble atmosphere than I wish to endure. Hopefully this will prove to be oil on the troubled waters.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

macfalk
Valinor

Sep 1 2012, 11:52am

Post #43 of 91 (6371 views)
Shortcut
That is good to hear [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2012, 11:54am

Post #44 of 91 (6507 views)
Shortcut
O.O hadn't really realised about this souring forum mood!... thanks, I'll be on best behaviour ;¬) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

-I am a victim of Bifurcation- (credit to Elpidha)

Dwarves: 'Erebor!', 'Erebor!!', '..Erebor!'
Bilbo: .. It's only a CGI model
Dwarves: 'Shhhhh!'

Ugly Troll
Rivendell

Sep 3 2012, 5:16pm

Post #45 of 91 (6390 views)
Shortcut
Ha Ha [In reply to] Can't Post

This is why I love TORN so much. Every site has rules about etiquette, but TORN actually enforces them. No wonder I keep on coming back for education, information and entertainment. And occasionally, to win over a lovely elf maiden for marriage.

You admins are the best, and have done such a great job for so many ages, you must have magic rings to keep it up so tirelessly, and long.

And no, Patty, this probably doesn't mean I'm going to come out of lurking more; I like it just fine, lurking here beneath the bridges between the forums. And the whole sunlight thing...you know....

sador
Half-elven

Sep 3 2012, 7:23pm

Post #46 of 91 (6329 views)
Shortcut
Hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you, sunlight or no.

And all the best to the lovely elf-maiden! We miss her.

"When light finally begins to come into our lives after a long darkness, only to reveal that one has still farther to go, what various ways might one react?"
- Dreamdeer

The weekly discussion of The Hobbit is back. Join us in the Reading Room for a somewhat less clever discussion of Flies and Spiders!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Sep 3 2012, 8:13pm

Post #47 of 91 (6379 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations on that well-crafted reminder - [In reply to] Can't Post

it must have taken quite some time to put together, time which you probably don't really have! Your insistence on maintaining standards is what makes TORn such a special place. Thank you very much. I hope the words are taken to heart and things settle down now, and the unpleasantness passes. Love the title, too - very apt!

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 4 2012, 3:06pm

Post #48 of 91 (6331 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Silverlode [In reply to] Can't Post

And thank you and all the Admins for working so hard to maintain such standards here at TORn.

weaver
Half-elven

Sep 5 2012, 3:19am

Post #49 of 91 (6306 views)
Shortcut
I love TORn... [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart

Thanks for calling us to the "higher good".

Weaver

diedye
Grey Havens

Sep 6 2012, 3:41pm

Post #50 of 91 (6430 views)
Shortcut
And this is why... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I stay out of the Hobbit board most of the time... already went through the LOTR boxing match... not really keen on seeing it again.

"Once burned, twice shy."

Blessed are the cracked,
For they are the ones who let in the light!

(This post was edited by diedye on Sep 6 2012, 3:43pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.