Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
On The Hobbit Recording Sessions & Doug Adams' Book "The Music Of The Hobbit Films"

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Aug 20 2012, 2:05am

Views: 1766
Shortcut
On The Hobbit Recording Sessions & Doug Adams' Book "The Music Of The Hobbit Films" Can't Post

Doug Adams, author of the book "The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films", announced early this morning via his blog that today, August 20, 2012, marks the beginning of the recording sessions for The Hobbit in London.

Fans of Howard Shore's scores for the Lord of the Rings films and Doug's monumental companion book to them will also find much excitement in the news that Doug has also signed on to write another companion book titled "The Music of The Hobbit Films".

Today the musical world of Middle-earth begins expanding once again. Today, you can no longer say that you know every note of Shore's music for Tolkien's world. In fact, you only know about half of it. (This is a ballpark figure; I have no idea how long the three Hobbit films will be!) Today the subject of The Music of the Hobbit Films exists not just in concept, but in reality. Today a new journey begins ...

Read Doug's entire story here. And hop in to our boards to speculate about the songs, recurring themes, and new themes that we might expect in the upcoming films.

Subject User Time
On The Hobbit Recording Sessions & Doug Adams' Book "The Music Of The Hobbit Films" News from Bree Send a private message to News from Bree Aug 20 2012, 2:05am
    Both great pieces of news! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 20 2012, 7:51am
    Now this IS real news... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Aug 20 2012, 8:19am
    exciting! Silmaril Send a private message to Silmaril Aug 20 2012, 9:36am
    Wow Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Aug 20 2012, 10:16am
    That is great new indeed! jschomburg Send a private message to jschomburg Aug 20 2012, 12:24pm
    You mean... Milknut Send a private message to Milknut Aug 20 2012, 12:43pm
    yaaaaaaaiii Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 20 2012, 12:46pm
        Oh, I hope so . . . TomthePilgrim Send a private message to TomthePilgrim Aug 20 2012, 2:16pm
    Both wonderful pieces of news! Rohirrim Rider Send a private message to Rohirrim Rider Aug 20 2012, 1:28pm
    I don't like to get ahead of things, Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Aug 20 2012, 1:37pm
        I may have to go and live Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Aug 20 2012, 1:48pm
            I know what you mean Rohirrim Rider Send a private message to Rohirrim Rider Aug 20 2012, 1:57pm
            yes Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 20 2012, 3:23pm
                did that come out the way you intended? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 20 2012, 3:28pm
                    clumsy handses Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 20 2012, 3:58pm
    I've just let out a Gimli-esque "YEEESSSSSS"""!!!!! Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Aug 20 2012, 3:50pm
        ei Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 20 2012, 4:07pm
            Interesting...I think some of those might be pretty close to the mark! ;) // Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Aug 20 2012, 10:24pm
                thank you Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Aug 20 2012, 11:13pm
    Very exciting! artemy Send a private message to artemy Aug 20 2012, 3:55pm
    I'm very happy Howard Shore is once again channeling Middle Earth Tim Send a private message to Tim Aug 20 2012, 4:01pm
        actually... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 20 2012, 4:11pm
        I recall that the reason PJ wanted HS in the first Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Aug 20 2012, 4:14pm
    I'm quite ready for another trio of brilliant Middle-earth soundtracks // SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Aug 20 2012, 8:06pm
    Excitement :D the_argonath Send a private message to the_argonath Aug 20 2012, 8:12pm
        we need a poll (on the Pollantir board) Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Aug 20 2012, 8:16pm
            Wish granted! // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Aug 20 2012, 8:21pm
            Good idea!! the_argonath Send a private message to the_argonath Aug 20 2012, 8:25pm
    !!! Can't wait for the album... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Aug 20 2012, 8:29pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.