Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The bold 'Hobbit' trilogy decision and what to expect now
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 3 2012, 2:07am

Post #26 of 73 (915 views)
Shortcut
I wanted to add, given the flavour of the article, [In reply to] Can't Post

and with just a little more polish (maybe drop the break speculation part) I could totally see this in Vanity Fair or GQ perhaps even Variety (though I'm not as familiar with their style as I am the other two).

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Aug 3 2012, 2:15am

Post #27 of 73 (873 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic write up [In reply to] Can't Post

A great "state of affairs" article and awareness of the nature of adaptation.

As an initial doubter, I am thrilled to see Peter's commitment to his vision of Middle Earth.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Ardamírë
Valinor

Aug 3 2012, 2:46am

Post #28 of 73 (931 views)
Shortcut
Gonna have to disagree on film one break. [In reply to] Can't Post

And question you on film two's break.

I cannot see any way that film one will end before flies and spiders. I even think it could still end as originally planned after the escape from Thranduil.

Now on film two. You mentioned both Smaug's departure from the Lonely Mountain and Smaug's death. Which do you think is more likely. I think his death is more likely, and I'd never thought about it being anything other than that. But I really like the idea of ending with him leaving the mountain. It's more ominous, cliff-hangery (Tongue), and also leaves some of him for film three.

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast, as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower."

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2012, 3:00am

Post #29 of 73 (915 views)
Shortcut
Nice job. This can't be said often enough: [In reply to] Can't Post

This change is not only bold and daring, it is coming from the right place. This isn't a money grab. This isn't the studio stretching out a franchise. This is team Jackson feeling that a story, a complicated one with multiple threads and characters, needed more time to tell.

I'll take my soda in November, Larry.
CheersSmile

Yngwulff
Gondor

Aug 3 2012, 3:11am

Post #30 of 73 (861 views)
Shortcut
Disagree [In reply to] Can't Post

Film 1 ends with escape.

If you read the explaination from Face book they said film one was set. Film 2 was where they started to question things.

I think film one ends with them escaping via barrels down the river.

Much Like the 3 hunters and Frodo and Sam starting off at the end of FOTR.

Take this Brother May it Serve you Well
Vote for Pedro!

Spaldron
Rivendell

Aug 3 2012, 3:22am

Post #31 of 73 (871 views)
Shortcut
I'm calling it for Mirkwood [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been saying this for probably a good year or so that Film 1 would end as the company enter Mirkwood. To me this makes sense as it mirrors 'The Breaking of the Fellowship' with Gandalf leaving and the company about to enter the next stage of their quest.

Film 2 beginning with Gandalf arriving at the White Council before re-joining the company lost deep in the darkness of Mirkwood.

As for Film2's ending is anyones guess.

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Aug 3 2012, 4:44am

Post #32 of 73 (883 views)
Shortcut
I found you're review to be glowing, though I don't know that I agree on some points. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I did read it all, so I will await my soda. lol

I am just not sure it comes from the right place. I don't think that Peter et al are doing this for the money, but I do have fears that the success of the LOTR film trilogy may have bred egos, and with the egos a sense of "we know what we are doing. . . no matter what!" I also fear that it doesn't help to have an insular circle of hardcore fans essentially saying the same thing. A famous Soap Opera diva/character once commented, "The people of my company understand and accept WHATEVER I do." It seems to me that some fans hold such an attitude towards Peter Et Al. I am not sure it is always merited.

Don't misunderstand, on the whole, I loved the LOTR films. Yet they were far from flawless, and there were certainly things I did not like. I disliked that some things were taken away, but I also disliked some of the things that were altered or added.

That was when Peter was a relatively obscure director whose most famous films were only moderately successful. Now he is a household name. And from the first I have wondered if the fame would go to his (and his co-writer's) head. Will they forget that the vehicle of their fame was these great works which they adapted. ADAPTED, not created. My worry isn't that they became greedy, but that they decided they could tell a better tale than Tolkien (and were entitled to try). . . and that they may have gotten carried away.

As to where film one will end. I honestly cannot see it ending sooner than the rescue by The Eagles. To end it sooner than that would surely seem to abrubt. My guess is still somewhere between Beorn's House and the barrells.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

(This post was edited by AinurOlorin on Aug 3 2012, 4:45am)

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Aug 3 2012, 5:35am

Post #33 of 73 (829 views)
Shortcut
2nd break [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Smaug's death would end the 2nd film.

It really presents the "end" of the story or that part of it. Then I wrote the sentence about shaving my head and not seeing Film 3 and I thought there might be another possibility. I can imagine Bilbo and the conversation with Smaug the Magnificent and then, the we get our first glimpse of him in his winged, stretched out, magnificent glory, chest coated with jewels and he heads off to wreak destruction on Laketown.

I think if it were my movie, that might be my ending. However, I don't really know what Jackson has planned for #3 so I don't know how much time there is to spare on either side of the break.

It is difficult for me not to get most excited about these movies' monsters!

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Aug 3 2012, 5:36am

Post #34 of 73 (824 views)
Shortcut
Hey now! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just said, carefully, that I should buy you a soda, not that I would!

But, if I see you in November, it will be my pleasure.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Aug 3 2012, 5:43am

Post #35 of 73 (836 views)
Shortcut
Yes, clearly possible [In reply to] Can't Post

What you say is entirely possible and far more reasonable than the "money grab" claims of many.

I feel optimistic about the finished product but what you wrote is exactly where its greatest chance of failure sits.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Sunflower
Valinor

Aug 3 2012, 6:47am

Post #36 of 73 (792 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful [In reply to] Can't Post

And may I add, I don't drink what we (former Michiganders) call "pop" but I must confess I've developed a fondness for McDonald's Chocolate Chip Frappe's..one of those please! Smile

I had to laugh at your comparison of the development of Th to that of other great Film Classics...esp Apocolypse Now (which, if you'll remember, was origionally a george Lucas creation and he was going to direct it...until SW got in the way...and Coppola got it. Ah, one of the more interesting "what-ifs" in modern film history..."AN" directed by George Lucas..what might have happened out there in the Philippines...:).
More than once in the past 3 or 4 yrs my favorite "making-of" documentary outside of the EE'sof course, Eleanor Coppola's "Hearts Of Darkness" came to mind. it came to my mind again Monday. Just think:

With Apocolypse Now (one of the great "Production hell" AND success stories in cinema history) we had, among many other things:
--Lucas conceiving the idea, writing the first drafts of the script (back in the early 70's, when he was a halfway decent writer--I've even read the earlist drafts of SW when they were the "Jedi Bendu"..and dangit, they were MUCh better than some of what we saw onscreen!)
--The initial block of shooting in the Philippines, the sheer logistics of setting up...
--cooperating with Ferdinand Marcos (Him? I think) taking away the helicopters to fight guerrillas just a dozen miles away from shooting
--Typhoon Mary, which famously destroyed most of the sets
--rampant drug use by just about everyone on set, icluding many of the actors
--a script that didn't know where it was going, b/c the director was Contemplating the Secrets Of The Universe
--Marty Sheen's famous nervous breakdown (the opening Saigon Hotel Room sequence, captured forever for posterity live onscreen)
--and of course his heart attack, which divided shooting pretty much in half, Coppola handling the Hollywood fallout from that
--having to film for something like 2 months with no Marty, with the result of stuff just being made up
--Coppola having affairs with at least 2 of his staff, some say this was why he had his wide do a "making of", he wanted to keep her busy...
--Kurtz's village--the stuff with the tribes, a movie all in itself
--and last but not least, the whole drama with a reluctant Marlon Brando who threatened to quit how many times? for various reasons but finally b/c Coppola didn't know where the story was going and had no idea how to end it.

With TH, we have had (that I can remember):

--the opening lawsuits against New Line, first by Jackson, and then some of the LOTR cast, over royalties--studios told Jackson this lawsuit over "Hollywood accounting" just isn't done
--the Tolkien Estate Lawsuit, which held up production (or the announcement? I don't remember) for HOW LONG?
--Finding a director when Peter said he didnt want the gig--how we and Hollywood speculated on that!
--reaction to Del Toro
--the 2 1/2 yrs of the Guillermo Period (sigh, how I miss his posting in here..what a great time that was)
--Anxiety about getting the greenlight, while the MGM drama went on and on..and ON
--Del Toro leaving, and again, speculaton over the director
--Peter coming back to his own project, would the film get greenlit now?
--Finally, a greenlight, but then the NZ/Australia labor dispute...Peter getting alernately slammed and defended in NZ media.
--the labor dispute dragging on and ON, until the whole production was going to stop or not happen, would WB move filming out of NZ?
--you know the saying "it would take an Act of Parliament?" well, this one did...a litteral Act by the Prime Minister of NZ
--WB flying out to Nz for talks with Peter at the same time..what was discussed?
--Production begins..FINALLY! We can relax...or can we?
--48 fps? What's that? At Cinema-Con we find out...or do we?
--And just when we think that this epic drama is already for the history books, THIS happens....

Maybe not as spectacular as Apocolypse Now, but just the same level of "behind the scenes" drama!

I have gotten to thinking that alog with AinuOlorin, a bit of healthy skepticism is practical. In fact I was thinkng today that it may be good luck! Every time I doubted this thig would go forward, and aired my doubts here, Peter's luck defied odds. Maybe this is the "anti-Apocolypse" ...Coppola's comment at Cannes 1979: "We had access to too much money, too much equipement...and little by little we went insane." true here, no?Laugh
This is indeed a much more cheerful brand of utter insanity! maybe I should gripe some more...then more will turn out right! :)
How I learned to Stop Worrying And Love Film 3"LOL.

Your comments about the marketing, the merch difficulties...I had to confess I hadn't thought of that. that argument has ALMOST Evil swayed me. Now, I am thinking peter might have one last trick up his sleeve, to outfox the studio...he could drag the filming out an extra few weeks so he can turn around to WB and say, 'sorry we can't finish on time" so WB will HAVE to push filn 3 back to a Dec 2014 date. If Cameron can do it for Avatar 2...why can't he?:) (not make the origiobal date). When WB sees the box-office retunrs in January 2013 for Film 1, they won't be as upset at peter methinks..and he knows this::)

Just for the sake of Oscar speculation....a Dec date vastly increases awards potential, even if Peter knows he cant win, it would be nice to more NZ crew nminated so to break into the industry the way Ngila Dickson did.

As to the tell-all book: Maybe Kristen Thompson may change her mind on whether she'll write a "Frodo Franchise"-style follow-up! Hopefully she gets access to all the Parties That Be, one bright day down the road...

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Aug 3 2012, 6:56am)

TheCoon
Lorien

Aug 3 2012, 1:47pm

Post #37 of 73 (738 views)
Shortcut
my take [In reply to] Can't Post

film 1 STILL ends where ive always said as the dwarves arrive at laketown

film 2 while deff not pushing throin and co to the side focuses more on gandalfs mission have MOST of it (im sure there wil be some over lap in the other films) in this film and while we are with thoin and co take this time to build more on the entsion between the men elves and dwarves this will benefit film 3 immensly the climax of cousre is smaugs depatrue and death but make itm ore of a psecitcle maybe give the dawrves a little shot at the worm first theyve earned it then on to lake town stratch this out a bit give itm ore of a climax feel then he meets bards mighty black arrow Bard looks on a destroyed laketown wondering what to do then he sees the mountain in the distance

end of film 2

and film 3 is ALL ABOUT THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES think of how TTT was put together EVERY SCENE WAS JUST TENSION BULIDNG FOR HELMS DEEP TIL IT FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE CLIMAX i suspect this film having a simalr structure then the big wrapup scenes ala rotk throins death bilbos homecoming etc...

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2012, 2:14pm

Post #38 of 73 (775 views)
Shortcut
Well-written and comprehensive article - however, can't agree with the praise for PJ as [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a reason that some things have never been done before...and that's because they're exceedingly unwise. Adapting the third most widely read novel of all time whilst gambling $500 million (and quite possibly more) of the studio's money and myriad fans' hopes and expectations is not the time to suddenly and drastically change narrative course half-way through. Planning, writing, and shooting two films, then spontaneously making it three films, is a sure-fire way of producing three films which all feel highly incomplete (unlike FotR, TTT and RotK which all work not just because they formed a terrific trilogy, but were fantastic on their own as stand-alone works). And this is not nitpicking over some minor trifle, ALA Bifur's head ornament: this is worry over the possibility than PJ has seriously lessened his own project.

Ultimately, PJ is not the guinea pig here: the audience is. Adapting one of the most beloved and influential works in fantasy fiction is not the time to start screwing around with "cutting-edge" camera technology to make the footage look like a 40-year-old TV show; nor is it the time to pad out what was already a "super-sized" version of the novel into something totally unrecognizable. If PJ's films don't work, the fans pay the price (as does PJ, but to a lesser extent - he'll always be able to get another project off the ground, while we'll probably not get another adaptation of TH for quite some time). Experiment with your own films and on your own time, Peej - like with "Meet the Feebles Again" or something - and not with a work which is loved by many and has been anticipated for ages.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2012, 2:18pm

Post #39 of 73 (716 views)
Shortcut
BTW, have not made any final judegment...and likely won't be able to do so until Summer of 2014 at the earliest [In reply to] Can't Post

However, just as it's too early to definitively conclude that PJ has weakened/ruined his own films (though certainly not too earlier to worry about it :P) I'm not sure we should start lauding the genius of Peter Jackson when none of us - I repeat, NONE of us - have any idea how these are going to work out.

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Aug 3 2012, 2:37pm

Post #40 of 73 (741 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

A couple of points. Firstly a genuine chuckle at the "I am keeping a thoroughly open mind .....about just how badly he was beating his wife" lines!

But a couple of things which may or may not be helpful. I've been trundling through the letters recently and it may be heartening to reflect on the similarities to Tolkien's own creative processes. "But this story takes me in charge, and I have already taken three chapters over what was meant to be one!" leaps out in particular but in general you can trace the continuous and ongoing development experience as anything but planned. The story constantly lead the storyteller and drew its own map.

I have no personal insights but I wonder how much of the creative process follows such changing avenues more generally. We as an audience are sheilded from most of it one would imagine. My own trade is different but has an audience of sorts and I can certainly say that their impressions of the preparatory processes probably differ wildly from the more chaotic truth!

I would disagree with your final paragraph on its entirety though. I think this is starting to get very confused about the role and investment of an audience vs that of an artist.

LR

(This post was edited by Lacrimae Rerum on Aug 3 2012, 2:38pm)

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Aug 3 2012, 2:37pm

Post #41 of 73 (710 views)
Shortcut
a shortcut to mushrooms [In reply to] Can't Post

depending on how it all shakes out we still have the book. Angelic

We have nothing to worry about compared to Peter Jackson.

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 3 2012, 2:44pm

Post #42 of 73 (720 views)
Shortcut
There's a part of me -- [In reply to] Can't Post

though it is a small part -- that agrees with everything you have written here. I decided long ago that any Hobbit is better than no Hobbit.

God willing I'll see them all once -- Lord knows I've paid the same courtesy to the Twilight series and I haven't even read the books -- but whether I'll shell for repeat viewings and home video editions is highly speculative at this point.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Aug 3 2012, 2:50pm)

hasufel
Rivendell

Aug 3 2012, 3:19pm

Post #43 of 73 (698 views)
Shortcut
Excellent article [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Cere you have eloquently put most of my feelings to paper, great job!

I enjoyed all of it, but appreciated your take on Peter Jackson and his role in all of this. To me, many have cast him aside since the announcement as just another director. But as you pointed out, he is not when it comes to this source material. And I do feel he has proven that he wants to make the best possible movies of this wonderful source material.

I also believe he has learned from mistakes made while filming LOTR. And now that he wields more power and authority, he will not make the same mistakes again. I fully trust that the decision to increase to three is so he can bring his vision to film in its entirety. It has never been said publicly (that I know of), but I think Return of the King while a magnificent film, was not exactly what he wanted. But he had to fit everything in, and much ended up on the cutting room floor much to his chagrin.

That does not mean everyone will love his adaptation and consider it canon. It is not and was never billed as a direct adaptation of the single book.

However, if there is something I am not sure I agree with, it is the hoops everyone has to go through because of the switch to three. Marketing and the like will be unaffected at such an early stage I would think. There hasn't been any of that for the 2nd movie yet. And I do not believe that the first movie marketing, title etc.. has been changed at all.

In fact the first movie might not be affected at all. The decision to stretch from two to three, might have been decided while looking at film two. Film one is probably virtually complete. But looking at all the content for film two, it might have felt rushed or too jam packed for him. Now he can take his time hashing out all the events. He didn't want a redo of the battle of Pellenor fields, then the march to the black gate feeling like they occurred the within a 24 hour period!

Anyway, thanks again!

Kassandros
Rohan

Aug 3 2012, 3:40pm

Post #44 of 73 (738 views)
Shortcut
The Film 1 Break and Bilbo's Arc [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a longtime lurker, but this is my first post here. I enjoyed this writeup. Looking forward to the soda!

As for the end of film 1, I think we need to think about Bilbo's arc. There seem to me to be two major points of character development for Bilbo before Barrels Out of Bonds:

1. Riddles In the Dark. For the first time, Bilbo is alone for an extended period of time. He has to deal with Gollum himself. He finds his "courage". There is no way the film can end before this point.
2. Flies and Spiders. Bilbo is a changed man (er, hobbit) when he takes up Sting and fights the spiders to save his companions. This time, he finds his real courage. He has clearly evolved.

Personally, I don't think the first movie can end before Flies and Spiders. It'd feel incomplete because whether Bilbo is really a hero and adventurer has not been resolved. The movie starts with the dwarves not trusting his ability and courage. How appropriate would it be for the film to end with Bilbo rescuing the dwarves and fully proving himself to them?

I think the original plan was to end Film 1 at Barrels Out of Bond. Due to adding a third film, I can see moving the Thranduil's Halls section to Film 2 because, thematically, it better fits with Films 2 and 3. However, I don't think they can end Film 1 before Bilbo's display of bravery against the spiders, so the capture by the elves seems the most likely ending if they decide to abandon the Barrels Out of Bond ending.

(This post was edited by Kassandros on Aug 3 2012, 3:43pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2012, 4:03pm

Post #45 of 73 (662 views)
Shortcut
Except what I actually said was [In reply to] Can't Post

"I suspect and fear that he's beating his wife but will keep an open mind that's he's not until she staggers into the room and spurts gore on me". So I see your genuine chuckle and raise you a guffaw!

I admit, my initial post may have been a bit more strongly-worded than I intended, and therefore came off as overly-certain, but I totally stand by the sentiments therein that this seems like a very, very bad idea for the reasons listed.

The difference between Tolkien and PJ is that Tolkien didn't start a sequel to TH then suddenly split LotR into six books a month before printing, adding tons of inconsequential content about the further adventures of Bill Ferny, Galadriel and Celeborn's personal life and three chapters of Sam plying a thorn out of Frodo's foot (although I'm sure the good Prof. would have given the opportunity). If Tolkien had done so, it would have been hisprerogative, as it was all his creation anyway...but would LotR have worked as well as it did? Would any of us be here has he "expanded the scope" at the expense of the story itself?

As for "investment of the artist versus the audience", how is it wrong that we expect and demand that which we were told we were being given - namely, an adaptation of The Hobbit, not, three movies full of padding and TH stuck in there somewhere?

"It's the artist's work and he/she can do with it was he/she likes" sounds an awful lot George Lucas' approach to storytelling in the prequels, and we all saw how that turned out.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2012, 4:06pm

Post #46 of 73 (683 views)
Shortcut
Yes, will certainly give them a chance! [In reply to] Can't Post

And agreed on the "any TH being better than none" as well. We'll see how this all pans out...no matter what happens now, I'm sure "indifference" will not be part of the equation!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2012, 4:09pm

Post #47 of 73 (670 views)
Shortcut
True, the book has been good enough for decades... [In reply to] Can't Post

And will remain so for decades to come. ;)

I for one was quite looking forward to seeing the White Council/Necromancer stuff play out along with TH proper, and had been fine with the alterations and changes thus far. I suppose one could always read TH while alternating with The Quest for Erebor, however... :P

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 3 2012, 4:14pm

Post #48 of 73 (718 views)
Shortcut
I don't like reading boring stuff, either. [In reply to] Can't Post

In your defense, you're not suggesting that what you find boring *is* boring to everyone, right? Or that your definition should set guidelines for what gets posted or not?

If so, can I have a week of deciding what is boring and doesn't get posted? ;-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Morok Cloudkeeper
Rohan

Aug 3 2012, 4:19pm

Post #49 of 73 (704 views)
Shortcut
No my friend [In reply to] Can't Post

I would be foolish to make someone like or find interesting what I do. I'm not really sure how many people really are interested in these sorts of threads.

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 3 2012, 4:20pm

Post #50 of 73 (719 views)
Shortcut
Indirect benefits [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the great benefits of PJ's films was that they opened up the world of Tolkien to so many people that would have otherwise never found it. The release of The Hobbit trilogy is going to inspire so many more people to read the book. They'll then probably wonder where the Dol Guldur plot is. Then, hopefully, they will carrying on reading Tolkien.

And I think that's a great (indirect) benefit. Long live the books!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.