Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New Prod Blog
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 9:34am

Post #251 of 366 (17577 views)
Shortcut
The things people spot! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is a screencap:

https://plus.google.com/.../5768448968523341842

Looks like Orcrist Smile

So is this how the scene will be:

Thorin: "Give me Orcrist!"
Legolas: "No, give me Orcrist!"
Thorin: "No, I want Orcrist"
Legolas: "No, I want it!"
Thorin: "I'm telling Gandalf!"

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2012, 9:36am

Post #252 of 366 (17704 views)
Shortcut
Yup! BIG Spolier! Wow.... -and- Adam Brown's (Ori) in some Dwarven armour whilst hugging Sir Ian!! Ceremonial maybe? [In reply to] Can't Post

EDIT: removed the image because of its over-spoiler-ness: click here for it . So amazing.

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

-I am a victim of Bifurcation- (credit to Elpidha)

Dwarves: 'Erebor!', 'Erebor!!', '..Erebor!'
Bilbo: .. It's only a CGI model
Dwarves: 'Shhhhh!'

(This post was edited by Xanaseb on Jul 24 2012, 9:41am)

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2012, 9:37am

Post #253 of 366 (17498 views)
Shortcut
rofl Daniel, I was thinking of something more dramatic and dark rather than comedic, but fine ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 9:41am

Post #254 of 366 (18008 views)
Shortcut
I just had a vision of Legolas and Thorin pulling either end of the sword, when you said it ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

So I wonder if Thorin will get Orcrist back before the BO5A. In the book it's not clear. I'm not sure what oppurtunity Legolas and Thorin would have?

This also pretty much confirms Legolas will be at the BO5A?

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2012, 9:42am

Post #255 of 366 (17703 views)
Shortcut
oh Legolas @ Bo5A is very much to be expected, I'd say... // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 9:50am

Post #256 of 366 (17588 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm ... I never really wanted Legolas there [In reply to] Can't Post

Only because Legolas never says anything to Gimli (on screen anyway) about the battle, or his father.

If Thranduil came to accept Thorin and the company, you would think that Legolas would've been friendlier to Gimli.

Unless Legolas and Gloin have a barney. Unsure

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 24 2012, 9:52am)

aifeme
Rivendell

Jul 24 2012, 9:55am

Post #257 of 366 (17663 views)
Shortcut
I'm just so happy! [In reply to] Can't Post

The f...in' Dwarven infantry!!!!!CoolCoolCoolI got goosebumpsSmile

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2012, 10:02am

Post #258 of 366 (18105 views)
Shortcut
OK, I've found --one-- thing that has had me completely up in arms and infuriated, the Cirth rune lover that I am: [In reply to] Can't Post

this transcription is SO -not- transcribed into Tolkien's runic system. Completely wrong.
I really really hope they do use Cirth properly, and not simply use blooming Ango-Saxon runic system. (s they did with that piece of Dwarvish set that was leaked a while back). Mad

image here

(This post was edited by Xanaseb on Jul 24 2012, 10:03am)

huan
The Shire

Jul 24 2012, 10:06am

Post #259 of 366 (18028 views)
Shortcut
transcript? [In reply to] Can't Post

we can do subtitles fo our countries if someone can share transcript, thank you so much for your help in advance....

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 10:06am

Post #260 of 366 (17307 views)
Shortcut
That'll be an error by the vlog makers, rather than the actual production team? / [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 24 2012, 10:08am

Post #261 of 366 (19359 views)
Shortcut
Blog #8 Transcript [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ: So, welcome to our latest blog. We're driving to Comic-Con with butterflies in my stomach. Presenting footage for the first time is always a slightly intimidating and slightly scary thing. Plus, I've got to face a day of interviews. But another 10 hours and it will all be behind us.

PJ (entering interview room): So hopefully we'll find Ian and Richard in here somewhere.

Quick cuts to cast members, then PJ being interviewed: "The Hobbit certainly is more funny..."

PJ: (exiting the room) One interview down!

PJ and panel members in elevator.
PJ: When I call you guys up on stage...
Ian: Are we coming out one at a time?
PJ: Yes.

PJ voiceover: I saw on TheOneRing this morning that people have been camping out since Wednesday to get into Hall H. Those are the sorts of people that I like hanging out with.

To camera: I'm going to be going on soon and I've been recruited to do some blog filming with my iPhone. Because this camera isn't allowed on stage. But nobody's going to stop me shooting with my iPhone.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage Peter Jackson!

PJ: Let's bring up a few of our friends that we have here. Philippa Boyens...Andy Serkis...Richard Armitage...Martin Freeman...Sir Ian McKellen...we also have a surprise guest, Elijah Wood.

Brazilian fan: I love you guys, I came all the way from Brazil just because of you.
PJ (in background): Thank you.
Brazil: I spent all my money on this trip but it was worth it.

PJ voiceover: These are the people that we're making the film for and I'm really happy that it was received in such a great way.

PJ to crowd: I'd just like you to do something for all the people that couldn't be here. Could you just say Hi from Comic-Con. 1...2...3!
Crowd: Hi from Comic-Con!
PJ: Fantastic, no need for a Take 2. That was bl***y good!

To blog camera: And so now we would like to show you a little bit of what we showed the audience in Hall H.

(2:35) PJ: That's great. Cut.

PJ: Welcome to the last five days of our shoot. It's a bittersweet kind of a moment. (On set, to Andy Serkis): Feels like I'm still at the foot of the mountain.
It's a little difficult to do a wrap out on our last bit of shooting because so much of what we've been doing recently is Film 2, which is obviously secret. But we'll show you little bits and pieces, little snippets, and there will be a lot of more of what we've been doing that we'll save up for future blogs.

Mark Hadlow: Hey, Comic-Con fans, how are you? This is Dori, coming live from the set of The Hobbit. Stay classy, San Diego!

John Callen: Hi Comic-Con, John Callen here. I play Oin in The Hobbit.

Uncredited woman: Welcome my sister-sons to Comic-Con

Graham McTavish: Hi, this is Dwalin saying a big Hi to all of you in Comic-Con. Greetings from the very heart of Middle-earth. The really amazing moment for me I guess was the first time we stepped onto Bag End. It's become so embedded in your psyche from what you've seen before. We're all ready to go and Ian came on for the first time. And you look at him and you go, "My god, that's Gandalf!"

Jed Brophy: I look back on that with fondness because we got to know each other on Bag End and we really got to know each other as dwarves.

Adam Brown: Hi Comic-Con, it's Adam Brown here, aka Ori, from The Hobbit set. One of the most exciting things I think, for me, was working on these sets that are kind of a part of our history. And there was I, working on Rivendell with some incredible actors.

John Howe: Just watching Cate Blanchett act, it was very moving, we had shivers down our spines. It was absolutely astonishing.

Cate: It's been a privilege being back in Middle-earth.

Lee Pace: Hey Comic-Con, hope you're having a good time. My name is Lee Pace, I play the Elven-king Thranduil. Some of the work that I really loved was with Terry Notary who designs movement for the different races. And the way the Elves move is very different than the way the Dwarves move, obviously. It was really fun to get into that character, and really move in a way that is not human.

Hayden Weal: Sylvester McCoy who played Radagast is the loveliest, loveliest man.

Sylvester McCoy (playing the spoons) : I need people.

PJ: I think that Sylvester's going to be one of the delights of these movies.

Sylvester: The "Real McCoy".

John Howe: I remember going out to Taunton(?) and wandering through the hundred meters of forest that they built and seeing Rhosgobel, which is Radagast's house.

Genevieve Cooper: Radagast's character was a lovely spirited wizard and his house really reflected his character beautifully.

Andy Serkis: Dale was beautiful. It really was. It was like being in another country.

Belindalee Hope: It was very Moroccan, Turkish sort of...Italian, yeah...

Alan Lee: Dale was one of the larger sets.

PJ: It rivals some of the biggest sets we've ever built, which would have been Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep, I guess, in the old days.

John Howe: The city of Dale was such a huge set, you were able to just wander around as if you were in some abandoned city you've always wanted to visit.

Nathan Meister: The most fun I've had on set would probably be the goblins. Goblin Town, the sets just seemed to be really sharp and really angular and lots of flames and lots of bones.

Victoria Sullivan: We were introduced to the Great Goblin.

PJ:
Barry Humphries is something of an iconic legend in this part of the world and I've seen two or three of his Dame Edna stage shows and Barry and the Goblin King just seemed to be a natural fit.

Barry: Have you seen the pile of intestines?
Andy: Ooh, no, but I'll go and check them out.

John Howe:
I don't know if anyone's home but we'll soon see.

Richard Armitage: I found Beorn's house absolutely mesmerizing. It's one of my favorite parts of the book. And the creation...the carving that they did inside that beautiful barn, and everything was so oversized.

Martin: I want to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune...

PJ: We built it to the scale of the dwarves so it was huge. And it made all of us feel small. I used to be able to stand on that set and look at the crew setting up the camera and they looked like tiny little people, it was kind of incredible.

Andy, in a barrel: Morning, everyone! Happy last day. Morning! What we're doing for this shot, is we're going to get Orlando up on here... has somebody stuck something to my back? What is it?

Laurie Wright: Second Unit, I think we're a bit of the rock and roll unit and you know, we have a bit of fun.

Crew member 1#: Greg's shorts, I think. They're a bit high.
Greg: Just loop it, bro, just loop it. No problem.
Crew member #2: I'm disturbed.
Crew member #3: It's like an eight-year-old schoolboy.
Greg: What do you mean, it's like an eight-year-old schoolboy?

Andy and crew member jamming on saxophones.
Orlando Bloom: He's a rock star.

PJ: He has got energy to burn and that infectious enthusiasm and his absolute dedication made a huge difference to the Second Unit.

Andy: And...crank it up! And in 3...2...1...action! And..cut! That is a wrap for the Second Unit.

Liz Tan:
There is a mixture of emotions.

James Rua:
Good to finish, but sad at the same time.

Andy: Quite frankly, I can't imagine this occurring anywhere else on the planet, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

RA: One of the memories that really sticks in my head the most is walking in through the gates of Stone Street at 4:45 in the morning when it's dark and there's no one else here and the stars are still out and then slowly the studio comes to life and the sun comes up. I saw a lot of those days.

Tony Keddy: You're going to be getting up at 5:30 in the morning for a year and a half. At least 12 hours a day.

PJ: You literally just wake up every morning and go shoot a movie. And it seems to last a lifetime.

Tami Lane:
This is the kind of movie where it changes everybody's lives. What we do is kind of driven by adrenaline so we keep going until we collapse.
Katy Fray: We've got ready about 20 people a day and that's about 5000 prosthetic makeups.
Tami: We're busy, but sometimes we get bored being busy.

Rick Findlater:
Within the last 18 months, we've probably gone through about 20 liters of glue, about 450 miles of yak hair, hence there are now a lot of cold yaks in the Himalayas somewhere.

Peter King: I've never worked on such a hairy movie. Even I'm sporting a beard now and I've never had a beard before so it's obviously sort of rubbing off somewhere along the line.

Hamish Brown: Just the sheer amount of lead characters with costumes...for some reason they all want to wear costumes. They all want pants, they all want shoes...it made for an enormous amount of costumes.

Emma Harre:
All of these clothes, to nearly the back of the truck is Bilbo.

Sean Golding:
For Smaug's lair, we used so much gold paint, we used everything in Australasia. We had to get it from Germany. Wunderbar!

Anthony Pratt: 22,817,520 feet if we were shooting 35mil like this. And I'm really glad we're not.

John Howe: I'm sure that I've done over 2500 drawings. I kept my pencil stubs.

Alan Lee: You're literally doing a drawing one day and then walking on the set a few days later.

Ra Vincent: We shoot a set, take it out and replace it for the very next day's shoot.

PJ: They put up the most incredible sets. You walk in the night before and it's not finished, and you think, "My god, how are we ever going to be in here tomorrow filming, and you walk in at 8 o'clock the next morning and it's ready to go.

Dan Hennah: To me that's probably one of the most gratifying things on this whole picture, that all these people force through impossible odds and create these beautiful things.

Martin Freeman: I'll miss the camaraderie of the folks that we've built up. And the cast and crew, you know we've spent an awful long time together, there's like, sort of 12 or 13 of us who have been in a mini army.

PJ:
They're all people I would love to work with again. Fantastic cast.

Mark Hadlow: I'm surrounded by these mates, I'm surrounded by my comrades, I'm surrounded by these great actors.

Dwalin:
Please. Not every time. Get off. They're so, I mean...
Graham McTavish: You get so close that you're able to freely abuse them on a daily basis and they don't seem to mind.

Martin: (on set) And that's the poster! (to camera) They're a very high quality of human beings involved.

Peter Hambleton: Pretty soon we won't be all together as a gang, which is going to be sad. We'll all miss each other terribly.

Brigitte Yorke: You're getting to come to work with a group of people that you love working with, that you love hanging out with, it's a real family.

Uncredited: What's in our laundry? Look at that!
Uncredited: My undies! Red-handed!

Crew member: What happens on The Hobbit stays on The Hobbit.

PJ: Finishing up in Mirkwood today.

Crew member: It's the old ?, finish with a bang.

Camera 1: I'm gonna miss you.
Camera 2: I'm gonna miss you, man!

PJ: 'K, and action!
Gandalf: I need a horse!
Bilbo (or Radagast): Why? Where are you going?
Gandalf: In search of answers!
PJ: All right, and cut. Well unless anybody has anything else they want to shoot, I think we should call that a day. Thank you.

PJ: Well, obviously I just want to say thank you to everybody. An incredible cast, an incredible crew. It seems like a lifetime ago that I had to do the speech at the beginning of the shoot. Oh god, that was a long time ago. You know, as a director, it can be kind of a lonely job. At times you feel like you're by yourself trying to solve problems but then everybody steps in and suddenly I realize I've got this incredible support and all of you guys have got my back and you're behind me and for that I'm incredibly grateful. Thank you.

voice: I think there's bubbles right next door!

PJ: There's been a terrific atmosphere, shooting this movie, and I hope the blogs have in some way given you all a chance to share in that and to experience it for yourselves. And we'll be continuing in post-production. The energy, the environment, everything's going to be very very different but it's still got an equal amount of challenges. So, look forward to seeing you during post-production. It's just lemonade, honestly.

Photographer: Come on, show some love. Put your arm around the person next to you.

To be continued....

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Jul 25 2012, 3:59am)

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 24 2012, 10:10am

Post #262 of 366 (17563 views)
Shortcut
Version with Russian subtitles: [In reply to] Can't Post

Half a day of work without a pre-existing transcript, and here we go: a version with Russian subtitles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K28Ry13gxTo

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 10:20am

Post #263 of 366 (17243 views)
Shortcut
Thinking about it ... [In reply to] Can't Post

It was probably deliberate Wink Just to wind us up Cool

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 10:21am

Post #264 of 366 (17295 views)
Shortcut
Thanks very much Silverlode [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all the work that went into this. Much appreciated Smile

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 24 2012, 10:42am

Post #265 of 366 (17442 views)
Shortcut
That Radagast concept art in the background of PD1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Is undoubtedly Radagast. When Ian and Peter hug you can make out the shape of Radagast's (very large) hat, and it's the same. Smile

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 24 2012, 10:48am

Post #266 of 366 (17620 views)
Shortcut
I just posted one. [In reply to] Can't Post

Click here. Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

namarie
Rohan

Jul 24 2012, 10:50am

Post #267 of 366 (17706 views)
Shortcut
As usual, I'm late :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm watching the vlog now.
Just wanna say, I love the stone giants Cool
And the people who were at the Comic- Con were the luckyest ones :)

There is always hope

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 10:50am

Post #268 of 366 (17269 views)
Shortcut
*sob* oh my.... [In reply to] Can't Post

After years of waiting and praying... here we are.... There's Dale! So much to take in when I'm already filled to overflowing with emotions. The farewells and the music have me alll messed up...

Thank you, Peter. thank you...

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Delrond
Rohan

Jul 24 2012, 11:00am

Post #269 of 366 (17230 views)
Shortcut
Among other things, [In reply to] Can't Post

I was very impressed with Dale. Also loved the stone giants, Rhosgobel, more glimpses of Mirkwood and Goblintown. Quite a bit to digest first time through.

I hope all is well with you gramma.Smile

A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

architecthis
Lorien

Jul 24 2012, 11:06am

Post #270 of 366 (17216 views)
Shortcut
I noticed this also [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is the entrance to Dol Goldur

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 24 2012, 11:15am

Post #271 of 366 (17390 views)
Shortcut
Those are the runes used on the Map. [In reply to] Can't Post

Which differ from the runes found in the LotR appendices (which were of Elvish origin, rather than Dwarvish**).

So in order to be true to The Hobbit, they will have to use the system based on the Erebor runes!

**Edited to amend this: Daeron invented the runes, the Dwarves adapted them for their own uses. The Erebor runes are a variation of the runic system found in the Appendices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Jul 24 2012, 12:06pm)

ElAnilloUnico
The Shire

Jul 24 2012, 11:26am

Post #272 of 366 (17211 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you very much Silverlode, a great job! Once again, thank you from Spain ;)

Un saludo!

Radagast_the_Brown
Rivendell

Jul 24 2012, 12:22pm

Post #273 of 366 (17140 views)
Shortcut
My favourite one yet! [In reply to] Can't Post

As someone who was entranched by the idea of the stone giants as a kid, I squeed when I saw that image! Also, Golbin Town looks amazing.

All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

DarkJackal
Rohan

Jul 24 2012, 12:26pm

Post #274 of 366 (17308 views)
Shortcut
It is no mistake [In reply to] Can't Post

As Dernwyn points out, it is consistent with the Erebor-specific runes on the map.

dave_lf
Gondor

Jul 24 2012, 1:01pm

Post #275 of 366 (17849 views)
Shortcut
Wizard hut [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah; I think someone else must have played King's Quest V back in the day. All that's missing is the annoying talking owl!

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.