The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Cruise to Middle-earth Update

Xoanon
PTB

Oct 3 2007, 12:24am

Post #1 of 5 (2145 views)
Shortcut
Cruise to Middle-earth Update Can't Post

Garfeimao writes: It has been a month since the Cruise to Middle earth in November, 2008 was announced and the response has been phenomenal. I have been getting a lot of response from single travelors, some willing to travel alone and some reticent to travel alone but unsure how to find travelling companions.

Well, I've got an answer to that. I've set up a Yahoogroup specifically for people interested in the Cruise to Middle earth. Questions can be posted there and I'll do my best to answer them all. More importantaly, it's the first place you and your travelling companions will have to meet and get to know each other before embarking on this Voyage of a lifetime together. And for those who can't find a traveling companion, this is the best place to find someone willing to share your journey, and share the cost as well.

From the starting page on TORn you can go to the cruise page on my work website and find the Yahoogroup info at the bottom there. Don't let the absence of a traveling companion automatically eliminate you from considering this trip, there is plenty of Fellowship to be had.

http://www.theonering.net/...ewsview/7/1191370899

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
PH: 514.947.5221
http://www.TheOneRing.net
http://www.KongisKing.net
http://www.TheOneLion.net
http://www.gallifreyone.com

Missa
The Shire

Oct 4 2007, 3:28am

Post #2 of 5 (1186 views)
Shortcut
sorry for the bad question [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question but I was just wondering if there will be another cruise like... in 2009? I'm hoping there will be because I really wanted to go on this cruise very badly but my mother is pretty strict about school and says I have to focus more on college applications and community service and a high GPA etc etc. But next year is my senior which I will be working but it will be too late by then... basically, will you be having another cruise at all?

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Mary Jane's love~*~

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2007, 9:29pm

Post #3 of 5 (1188 views)
Shortcut
I would guess [In reply to] Can't Post

...that if this one is successful then there is a greater chance Garfeimao and the cruise line will want to do it again. No one knows better than me how Real Life can get in the way of your fandom, so here's hoping they will!

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

(This post was edited by deej on Oct 5 2007, 9:29pm)

Garfeimao
Rohan

Oct 17 2007, 7:45pm

Post #4 of 5 (1178 views)
Shortcut
What Deej said [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of the major cruise lines do the Auckland to Sydney cruises from November to March every year. If this one does well, and I'll know that before we even leave, such as next Summer, then I will definitely set up a cruise and tour for the following year. I may stick with the same cruise line and I may try one of the others, it will depend on the itineraries as they come out next Spring (yes, cruise lines set their itineraries two years in advance). Celebrity is an amazing cruise line and has been a joy to work with so far, but Princess is also great to work with, so again, it will depend on the itineraries as they start to make the rounds in Spring. I know Red Carpet tours will want to work with us, they lurves us, so that part won't be a problem. So, come next year when the cruise itineraries come out, I'll be assessing the work and feasibility and let you all know about a Cruise version 2. But chances are I will do it again.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle earth

Missa
The Shire

Oct 17 2007, 10:04pm

Post #5 of 5 (1345 views)
Shortcut
YAYYYY! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope there is another cruise the following year because I really want a go but I'm not a senior yet.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Mary Jane's love~*~

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.