Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Paintings I've Done About "The Hobbit"
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

TolkiensGirl
The Shire

Mar 23 2012, 2:12am

Post #26 of 69 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful. [In reply to] Can't Post

Absolutely beautiful. You have amazing talent!

<><
~~
Middleearthgirl.livejournal.com

demanon
Rivendell

Mar 23 2012, 3:58am

Post #27 of 69 (1680 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am very grateful you not only like them but you took time out to tell me. Thank you !. more on the way soon :)

guitarzankansasfan
Lorien

Apr 2 2012, 4:38am

Post #28 of 69 (1053 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely gorgeous [In reply to] Can't Post

makes me wish I hadn't given up painting myself.

"When things get electric, we're all gonna fry"

demanon
Rivendell

Apr 5 2012, 10:18pm

Post #29 of 69 (1043 views)
Shortcut
Next painting up..." Waiting For Mr. Baggins" [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanted to suggest a scene that while Bilbo oversleeps in Bag End, the dwarves ( and a certian smoke ring wizard) are packing up their supplies in front of The Green Dragon at dawn. As always I hope you like it and any suggestions are welcome.
I have also closeups of the painting here http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/michaelg04/ if you care to look. Thanks again for your interest in these worrks guys. On to the next painting :)

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 5 2012, 10:27pm

Post #30 of 69 (1076 views)
Shortcut
Another brilliant painting [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing another brilliant painting of yours demanon. I particuarly like the background of the painting - very Shire-like!

Only one slight comment (and what do I know after all), the perspective on the building seems a bit odd. It might just be me - I think it is just how you have made the door on a different level to the left side of the building which is tricking my eyes! Smile

Brilliant though! What is your next project? Also, what size are these paitings, and how long do they take to plan & paint?

demanon
Rivendell

Apr 5 2012, 11:18pm

Post #31 of 69 (1052 views)
Shortcut
Thank You !! [In reply to] Can't Post

It hard to tell from the pic ( blackberry ) but the left side to the door is actually jutting out in an L formation.Gandalf is resting his back up against that wall blowing smoke rings. the original has more color value that the pic is not showing so its kinda hard to tell the seperation. Its Oil on canvas 24" by 36" and took me one week after work ( and a weekend to finish). thank you again for liking my works. If you have a suggestion of a scene from The Hobbit I would love to give it a shot. Cheers

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 6 2012, 8:17am

Post #32 of 69 (1063 views)
Shortcut
I hadn't even noticed Gandalf! [In reply to] Can't Post

And your dwarves are just great, especially this one:

http://s773.photobucket.com/...iltered_filtered.jpg

Have you decided which one it is?

demanon
Rivendell

Apr 6 2012, 2:04pm

Post #33 of 69 (1019 views)
Shortcut
I haven't named him [In reply to] Can't Post

or the others yet. There are six of the 13 dwarves outside on the road. The others are warming themselves by the fire inside The Green Dragon enjoying a last mug of fine hobbit ale before their long journey.The night clerk at the inn wasnt too happy about rolling up a fresh keg from the pantry at sun up by the way. Hey , since you were the first to respond, would you help me out and deciding for me who would be outside in this situation? I would appreciate it alot

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 6 2012, 2:11pm

Post #34 of 69 (1055 views)
Shortcut
My first though was Balin [In reply to] Can't Post

When I first saw this little fellow I thought of Balin - he seems the type to make sure everything is prepared before they set off. If you want to stay true to the book, it could be Dwalin, as he has a green cloak on (at least, it looks green to me!)

As for future suggestions, what might be nice (being bias just because I like you Dwarves Wink) is them huddled inside the cave in the Misty Mountains with thunder and lightning outside? You could paint any scene though and it would be great! Real talent demanon Smile

demanon
Rivendell

Apr 6 2012, 2:55pm

Post #35 of 69 (1020 views)
Shortcut
I'll give it a shot! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll start sketchin it today

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 6 2012, 3:27pm

Post #36 of 69 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait :-D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Nimphelos

Apr 9 2012, 3:11am

Post #37 of 69 (1041 views)
Shortcut
You have such a unique style! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love your use of shadow and light. Every piece also has such a smooth texture that gives them all a sort of mysterious mood. Thank you for sharing Smile

Patty
Immortal

Apr 9 2012, 3:13pm

Post #38 of 69 (1040 views)
Shortcut
This one is excellent, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

You captured that sense of "waiting" very well.

Permanent address: Into the West

demanon
Rivendell

Apr 9 2012, 4:25pm

Post #39 of 69 (1015 views)
Shortcut
Thank You Guys [In reply to] Can't Post

I am always thankful when people like the art so they comment on it. Look out for another one today sometime. Poster DanielLB suggested the scene

(This post was edited by demanon on Apr 9 2012, 4:26pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 9 2012, 7:16pm

Post #40 of 69 (1036 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to it demanon [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile I can give you plenty more ideas if your ever stuck Tongue

demanon
Rivendell

Apr 10 2012, 12:49am

Post #41 of 69 (976 views)
Shortcut
The Calm Before the Storm [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB suggested the scene here. The dwarves, along with Gandalf and Bilbo, have found refuge from the elements outside. I did the scene in a "concept" painting form to get the size of the cave and lighing from the lightning and gandalf's staff right. Closeups of the painting can , as always, be found on this link http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/michaelg04/, you might even spot a Stone Giant or two in the closeups also :). Hope you like it.
Oil on Canvas 24'x36'

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 10 2012, 3:51pm

Post #42 of 69 (1001 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Just wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

As ever demanon - this is stunning. I never really thought about the cave being that big, but it certainly works! Laugh

The lightning looks great - as does the lighting of the cave. Gandalf and the Dwarves look great! The trolls in the background also add a brilliant and special touch *tumbs way up*

Edit to add: I also find it astonishing you got it done so quickly!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Apr 10 2012, 3:52pm)

demanon
Rivendell

Apr 10 2012, 6:10pm

Post #43 of 69 (969 views)
Shortcut
Thank You kindly! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you like it. I went for a very dark enviorment with only details in the areas affected by light so it was done sooner.

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 10 2012, 6:41pm

Post #44 of 69 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Have you thought anymore of selling prints etc.? / [In reply to] Can't Post

demanon
Rivendell

Apr 13 2012, 10:37pm

Post #45 of 69 (990 views)
Shortcut
I have to look into... [In reply to] Can't Post

the legalaties of selling prints of my painting refrencing JRR's, published works. Making money off of someone elses ideas is a big no no. I have seen artists sell their works based on a book or film however I do not know if they got permission to do so before acting. I wouldnt want to tick off the Tolkien family in any way. I am just happy displaying them here for you guys to be honest :)

sevilodorf
Gondor

Apr 14 2012, 3:40am

Post #46 of 69 (944 views)
Shortcut
Well imagined [In reply to] Can't Post

expansion of an "off camera" moment in the tale.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 14 2012, 9:57am

Post #47 of 69 (990 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I hadn't thought about that :-( / [In reply to] Can't Post

GothmogTheBalrog
Rivendell

Apr 15 2012, 12:13am

Post #48 of 69 (905 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice pics! I love 'em!

I have a quick question: Is this sub-forum where you would post fan-fics?

"who now has the power to stand against Isengard and Mordor? Who can stand against the might of Sauron and Saruman, and the union of the Two Towers?"
-Saruman

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 15 2012, 12:23am

Post #49 of 69 (952 views)
Shortcut
I haven't commented until now.... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I've been lurking and enjoying for some time now. You have a great deal of talent and I really like your take on the places and the characters. Please keep posting your work for us - I think it's some of the best fan art I've seen. Cool

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 15 2012, 12:30am

Post #50 of 69 (923 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

You can post your fanfics here. Just start a new thread for them. Be advised that we have a "family-friendly" policy here, so no nudity, partial nudity or sexually explicit pictures or writings are allowed. PG only please!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.