Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
new on set video coming soon
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Welsh hero
Gondor

Feb 29 2012, 8:10am

Post #1 of 56 (7553 views)
Shortcut
new on set video coming soon Can't Post

Peter just posted on his facebook

http://www.facebook.com/...ts/10150696869041558

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant

(This post was edited by Welsh hero on Feb 29 2012, 8:13am)

Nine Finger Frodo
The Shire

Feb 29 2012, 8:12am

Post #2 of 56 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Finally..!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This will be up in a couple of hours I guess :)

Stairs of Cirith Ungol

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 29 2012, 8:12am

Post #3 of 56 (2258 views)
Shortcut
Argghh! [In reply to] Can't Post

And it had to be in the week where I moved house and can't get an internet connection until next week! Plus I can't listen to things on my work computer Frown

At least we have some more news coming!!

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Feb 29 2012, 8:13am

Post #4 of 56 (2229 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I have something to look forward to today. Smile I have all the videos and the trailer on my ipod and listen/watch them on the way to work sometimes. I can't wait to have an additional 10 minutes to listen to!

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

(This post was edited by Pipe Dream on Feb 29 2012, 8:18am)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 29 2012, 8:42am

Post #5 of 56 (2332 views)
Shortcut
My heart skipped a beat when I checked in to Facebook [In reply to] Can't Post

I came here quick as I could and was reminded that TORn's board members are quick as lightning when it comes to news!

I sort of had a feeling PJ was waiting for the Oscar buzz to die down before posting a new video. I was honestly expecting it this weekend, but February 29th is as good a day as any for a Hobbit blog Laugh

The Plan 9 Interview... in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Kasiopeia
The Shire

Feb 29 2012, 9:00am

Post #6 of 56 (2420 views)
Shortcut
How soon after the upcoming vlog announcements have the videos normally appeared? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Intergalactic Lawman
Rohan

Feb 29 2012, 9:09am

Post #7 of 56 (2166 views)
Shortcut
Why? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
This will be up in a couple of hours I guess :)

Why is everyone thinking it will be so quick, is that what usually happens? I have no idea... Cool

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 29 2012, 9:12am

Post #8 of 56 (2165 views)
Shortcut
The video is normally uploaded within a couple of hours [In reply to] Can't Post

But I did like someone's comment to PJ after he posted. It said something like: "does soon mean today or in a couple of months?" Wink Where are those 20 q's?!

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Feb 29 2012, 9:15am

Post #9 of 56 (2218 views)
Shortcut
It has been in the past. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the longest was a couple of days if I remember correctly. It usually is fairly soon, but not soon enough for me, for it's off to work. Crazy

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 29 2012, 9:54am

Post #10 of 56 (2154 views)
Shortcut
It has almost always been on the same day (but don't hold me accountable if it hasn't) lol // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Plan 9 Interview... in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 29 2012, 9:57am

Post #11 of 56 (2150 views)
Shortcut
I suppose we can expect Quint's next set report soon as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I somehow have a feeling he's been waiting for this so as not to be the first one to make revelations Unimpressed

Kasiopeia
The Shire

Feb 29 2012, 10:48am

Post #12 of 56 (2120 views)
Shortcut
Let's be patient. We ARE pretty lucky, after all. [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as film productions go, I think we've been pretty lucky this far. Peter's kept us posted on heaps of stuff, we have been getting the awesome vlogs etc. They don't really have to do that. And in the midst of all that has been going on I think it's rather unfair for us to blame him for not answering the 20 questions.

As much as I LOVE all the updates, I really wouldn't rush Peter into anything. I'd say he's been pretty busy making the films and if we prove to be an ungrateful bunch of fans these great tidbits might as well disappear.

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 29 2012, 10:51am

Post #13 of 56 (2001 views)
Shortcut
I know, and I have said the exact same thing in the past [In reply to] Can't Post

I was just liking someone else's comment about what Peter Jacksons' "soon" means, as people on here were also asking how soon is soon Smile

I am very grateful for what the production do for the fans, especially during this period.

miriel

Feb 29 2012, 11:24am

Post #14 of 56 (2035 views)
Shortcut
what do you think will be in it? [In reply to] Can't Post

awesome that it will soon be out :D

I wonder what will be in it? A bit more of Martin Freeman would be appreciated :P
Perhaps we get to see a glimpse of Beorn or that 'mysterious' set (the one that some think is Beornīs hall, others Rhosgobel)

whatever it contains my feelings are "all over the place" ;)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Feb 29 2012, 11:26am

Post #15 of 56 (1933 views)
Shortcut
We'll hold back all the juicy discussion for when you get a better connection... [In reply to] Can't Post

Not really, that would be silly! Sly

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 29 2012, 11:28am

Post #16 of 56 (1947 views)
Shortcut
Thanks QT.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink
I may just watch the video with no sound here at work (if it comes out in time that is) and hope someone uploads a transcript like before. After the detail we went into with Thorin's contract, I'm looking forward to all the in depth discussions and screencaps that were going to *try* and analyze Cool

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 29 2012, 11:30am

Post #17 of 56 (2099 views)
Shortcut
Since all the vlogs are very nicely planned... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I have a feeling this will cover the wrap of location shooting so as to tie in nicely with the previous one that focused on the beginning of that phase of the film shoot.

Just my gut feeling Cool

(This post was edited by Earl on Feb 29 2012, 11:31am)

Carne
Tol Eressea

Feb 29 2012, 11:59am

Post #18 of 56 (2016 views)
Shortcut
Took around 5 hours from announcement to release of the 4th vlog. [In reply to] Can't Post

But the first one was release 101 hours after the announcement, so I guess we'll have to hope for the best Wink

Vangalad
Lorien

Feb 29 2012, 12:32pm

Post #19 of 56 (2028 views)
Shortcut
The anticipation was long [In reply to] Can't Post

but it's the best way to build the excitement ... not giving away things in a regular basis...(well the geek in me knows how untrue and painfull this is :P)
So eager to see what's in store for us!

Btw,I believe he has not forgotten to give us the answers to those old 20 questions?...sometime, soon maybe.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nightingale
Rohan

Feb 29 2012, 2:00pm

Post #20 of 56 (1963 views)
Shortcut
Yes! What a day... [In reply to] Can't Post

first my least favourite seminar is cancelled, and now this! Laugh. Today is my day obviously. We are rather lucky that PJ is willing to 'let us in' on all of this before release.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C. S. Lewis

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Feb 29 2012, 3:36pm

Post #21 of 56 (1829 views)
Shortcut
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes *breaths in* yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes // [In reply to] Can't Post

<3 Gandy, Raddy, Sharkey, Ally & Pally <3

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Feb 29 2012, 3:39pm

Post #22 of 56 (1771 views)
Shortcut
Good reasoning [In reply to] Can't Post

A good movie maker must also be a good bussiness maker.

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Feb 29 2012, 3:40pm

Post #23 of 56 (1803 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps the answers for the 20 questions are somehow included in the vlogs. [In reply to] Can't Post

Otherwise, yeah, he has forgotten. Cool

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Feb 29 2012, 3:41pm

Post #24 of 56 (1804 views)
Shortcut
Location shooting would be awesome! *fingers crossed* // [In reply to] Can't Post

priell3
Lorien

Feb 29 2012, 4:10pm

Post #25 of 56 (1760 views)
Shortcut
You sound like me... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I have all of the production videos and the trailer on my netbook and home computers.

I can't wait to add this to my collection.

MikeP

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.