Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Mikael Persbrandt talks Beorn

DeadRabbits
Lorien

Jan 10 2012, 10:42am

Views: 2468
Shortcut
Mikael Persbrandt talks Beorn Can't Post

I found this interview with Mikael on the Swedish movie site www.moviezine.se. It was mostly about the Swedish action movie "Hamilton" (in which Mikael plays the lead character), but he was also asked a few question about The Hobbit. A few of you might find it interesting... my translation is maybe not that great, but I will try to clarify if something is unclear.

Are you done with "The Hobbit" now?
MP: No, definitely not. I'm going back in February. I'll start shooting "Hypnotisören" with Lasse Hallström on Wednesday, then I'm off.
Are you in both "The Hobbit"-movies?
MP: Yes, I am. My character is pretty much as big as in the book. I'm not going to say so much more about it, because it's a big film company and they get so upset if I talk to much... But if you read the book you'll get a pretty good picture... and then maybe there's a little bit more.
How did they create your character Beorn? Prosthetics, or some kind of motion capture?
MP: Like I said earlier, I would like to survive the night. Otherwise, they'll send a missile after me I think. It's exciting to be in it. You'll see later. The premiere is a little less than a year away, in December.

http://www.moviezine.se/...ultravaringldsfacket

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

Subject User Time
Mikael Persbrandt talks Beorn DeadRabbits Send a private message to DeadRabbits Jan 10 2012, 10:42am
    Thanks!! haha! Persbrandt's hilarious! Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jan 10 2012, 11:17am
    cool triptrap Send a private message to triptrap Jan 10 2012, 11:43am
        He's referring to... DeadRabbits Send a private message to DeadRabbits Jan 10 2012, 12:29pm
            show, not tell titanium_hobbit Send a private message to titanium_hobbit Jan 10 2012, 1:10pm
    This confirms to me that the 'torture scene' was indeed Beorn questioning the warg and goblin... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jan 10 2012, 2:20pm
        If only it worked like that... :( Milknut Send a private message to Milknut Jan 10 2012, 6:05pm
        Then why was Persbrandt Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 10 2012, 6:07pm
            Hmm.. strapped to the ceiling could mean... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jan 10 2012, 7:32pm
                The thought that the "stuck to the ceiling" thing had been for height Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 10 2012, 11:15pm
            I love 24!// Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jan 11 2012, 12:56am
                And...? Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 11 2012, 1:08am
                    And nothing Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jan 11 2012, 3:06am
                        but why triptrap Send a private message to triptrap Jan 11 2012, 6:44am
                        i'm afraid you have me at a loss MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 11 2012, 6:51am
                            He tortures a goblin and warg duats Send a private message to duats Jan 11 2012, 7:14am
                                Beorn does MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 11 2012, 7:20am
                                    right triptrap Send a private message to triptrap Jan 11 2012, 8:53am
                                        Beorn hates orcs dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Jan 11 2012, 3:13pm
                            Where in the thread Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 11 2012, 6:16pm
                                As mentioned before Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 11 2012, 6:28pm
                                    Or he could be demanding answers while - Hanzkaz Jan 11 2012, 6:46pm
                                        Yeah, a cut-away could work as well Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 11 2012, 6:56pm
                                    It's canon dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Jan 11 2012, 8:01pm
                                        Yes! Longbottom Leaf Send a private message to Longbottom Leaf Jan 11 2012, 11:35pm
                                            I'm sure we'll see plenty of Beorn at BOFA // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jan 11 2012, 11:59pm
                                        He recounts questioning them Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 12 2012, 1:23am
                                        Personally, it's really that I don't particularly want to see Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 12 2012, 1:28am
                                            well maybe Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Jan 12 2012, 2:33am
                                                Fine, but Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 12 2012, 3:00am
                                                    i guess I view torture Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Jan 12 2012, 3:07am
                                                        It could be.. alienorchid Send a private message to alienorchid Jan 12 2012, 9:41am
                                                            I agree that would be the way to go Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jan 12 2012, 5:02pm
                                    I would like to see Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Jan 11 2012, 10:11pm
                                        Can orcs surrender, be taken prisoner, etc.? Dzhon Send a private message to Dzhon Jan 12 2012, 6:24am
                                        I also suspect this is the way that scene would go Snaga Send a private message to Snaga Jan 12 2012, 7:07pm
        agreed Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Jan 10 2012, 8:28pm
        if that's true, works for me! ByThorinsBeard Send a private message to ByThorinsBeard Jan 11 2012, 12:35am
    awesome! MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jan 10 2012, 5:23pm
    Sounds good Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jan 10 2012, 6:13pm
    Thanks for this duats Send a private message to duats Jan 11 2012, 12:13am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.