Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bret McKenzie Talks About Figwit and Lindir

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jan 5 2012, 2:08am

Post #1 of 14 (2030 views)
Shortcut
Bret McKenzie Talks About Figwit and Lindir Can't Post

Bret McKenzie, who unofficially played "Figwit" the Elf in The Lord of the Rings, spoke with ComingSoon.net about his role as Lindir in The Hobbit.
"I've got a cameo as an elf. Or another cameo. My character is called Lindir. I hang out with Elrond... I've got a few lines in Elvish."

In answer to the question about whether Figwit and Lindir are one and the same, here's what Bret had to say:
"You'll probably see, I've got slightly different ears. That's how I differentiate my elf characters. The big difference for this character is that he's in 3D. He's a character that's a lot more three dimensional."

ComingSoon.net promises the full interview will be available soon.

Thanks to Ringer spy Daniel J. for the heads-up.

Spencissimus
Lorien

Jan 5 2012, 7:54am

Post #2 of 14 (1289 views)
Shortcut
so it's only a cameo [In reply to] Can't Post

that should ease the fears of those who were worried about him being a love interest for Tauriel

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Jan 5 2012, 2:13pm

Post #3 of 14 (1171 views)
Shortcut
What ears...? // [In reply to] Can't Post

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 5 2012, 4:18pm

Post #4 of 14 (1138 views)
Shortcut
Elf-ears :P [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, the pointed ones :)

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 5 2012, 5:56pm

Post #5 of 14 (1123 views)
Shortcut
Lindir [In reply to] Can't Post

If he's playing Lindir this time around as some sort of advisor to Elrond, we might get also quick visit to the Hall of Fire as well. In LOTR, that's where Lindir hung out most. Cool.

"You flatter me, Lindir..."

Ereinion Nénharma
Lorien

Jan 5 2012, 5:58pm

Post #6 of 14 (1102 views)
Shortcut
These ears... [In reply to] Can't Post

Image here.

''Do not fear the shadows, for seeing them means light is near...''

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jan 6 2012, 12:02am)

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jan 5 2012, 10:54pm

Post #7 of 14 (1058 views)
Shortcut
Ah, so they're different characters [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm little dissapointed with that... but it's okay. And good to hear both that it's just a cameo, and that he has lines.

<3 Gandy, Raddy, Sharkey, Ally & Pally <3

Bladerunner
Gondor

Jan 5 2012, 11:46pm

Post #8 of 14 (1046 views)
Shortcut
Brett is such a goofball :0)... [In reply to] Can't Post

With the jokes about his new character being more three-dimensional, and the differences with the ears. I think he's kind of joking about the two characters and that he's really playing the same character.

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Jan 6 2012, 1:49am

Post #9 of 14 (1051 views)
Shortcut
good for him but [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't get them announcing this guy when there are more pivotal characters they haven't said a word about. Let face it HONESTLY the guys a glorified extra, he gets a couple lines and 1 to 2 minutes of screen time? Granted he is a working actor but the role is NOT that important to anything to do with the story... What about Dain Ironfoot, Roac or Bolg even? Seriously Roac has more dialogue than this character, and do they worry about announcing him, Nope. Bolg is the leader of the Goblins at the BO5A but not a peep about him yet, and I won't even get started on Dain Ironfoot, I'm mean Good for him, I'm happy for Bret McKenzie getting a role and I realize it was cause all the 14 year old girls thought he was cute and wrote into Peter jackson about him, but really seriously aren't there more important characters to be announced? Dain, Roac, Bolg, 3 roles I can think of just off the top of my head that are more important than Lindir

I'm not trying to offend anyone and Sorry if I did but its true. its little more than an extra's role but to make a big deal about it... I don't get it.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 6 2012, 10:09am

Post #10 of 14 (999 views)
Shortcut
And the trolls... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a feeling that Azog and Bolg is merged to one character... I don't mind that very much...
But I agree with you... I don't care much about Lindir when the role for Dain is in jeopardy!

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 6 2012, 6:40pm

Post #11 of 14 (985 views)
Shortcut
Someone isn't a Flight of the Conchords fan ;P [In reply to] Can't Post

The only reason my girlfriend wants to see The Hobbit is because Bret has a cameo... Isn't it a good thing that all the important stuff is being left as a surprise? I wouldn't want too many spoilers.

Rivorwen
The Shire

Jan 8 2012, 5:04am

Post #12 of 14 (952 views)
Shortcut
everyone you're worried about will be played by local actors. [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll hear in March about some local guy who was cast as Dain. Stop worrying so much. Mass media doesn't care about Bolg, a successful musician and actor who is continuing his cameo in the Hobbit is more interesting to them. Crazy

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2012, 1:51pm

Post #13 of 14 (952 views)
Shortcut
well on a world wide stand point [In reply to] Can't Post

Bolg is a million times more important than Figwit or Lindir or what ever he will be called.Crazy I already said good for him, but in the grand sceme of things Bolg, Dain, Roac, even Galion are more important than him. I agree locally cool for them but not being local I really don't have that big an interest in an extra Wink thats all. esp when there are way more important characters to be known about

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2012, 4:32pm

Post #14 of 14 (962 views)
Shortcut
plus [In reply to] Can't Post

I think once the announcement of other characters that are needed are made it will ease up alot of peoples (not just mine) fears. People need to admit PJ did make several changes and not just purists were displeased with some of them. but to know KEY characters are cast and NOT BEING LEFT OUT would ease peoples minds.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.