Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Return of the King Soundtrack Complete Recordings Coming November 6th 2007

calisuri
PTB

Sep 12 2007, 2:33pm

Post #1 of 15 (2541 views)
Shortcut
Return of the King Soundtrack Complete Recordings Coming November 6th 2007 Can't Post

Woo! Read about it here and discuss!

http://www.theonering.net/archives/main_news/9.04.07-9.12.07

The Mysterious Calisuri

(This post was edited by calisuri on Sep 12 2007, 2:40pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12 2007, 2:39pm

Post #2 of 15 (1666 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo!!! OMG! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a rush of emotions! I'm SO EXCITED! We've waited such a long time for this... but it's being done right, so that's okay!

Doug Adams comments, new artwork, and the complete (nearly 4 hours) of recordings! HOW AWESOME!!! I'm so anxious to hear the entire piece of Frodo and Sam on the rocks above the lava flow... and when Gandalf is speaking to Pippin about death... omg, so many nuances and dynamics to experience!

The journey DEFINITELY is not over! Thanks for this!

Now we need our blooper/outtake reels ;)

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Sep 12 2007, 3:32pm

Post #3 of 15 (1636 views)
Shortcut
I'm getting goosebumps! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait to have this in my LOTR collectionHeart

OMG---there are so many pieces of music on ROTK that I just love.I'm going to be weeping all over again, that's for sure.Howard Shore produced glorious music for LOTR and he touched everyone's heart.Bravo, Mr. ShoreCool

Yes,we want the bloopers reels soonSly

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 12 2007, 3:46pm

Post #4 of 15 (1607 views)
Shortcut
All right! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wonderful! I love the first two sets and have been waiting breathlessly for the third.

*marks November 6th on the calendar and starts saving*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

deej
Tol Eressea

Sep 12 2007, 4:05pm

Post #5 of 15 (1604 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I just need to buy the complete recordings for 'FotR' and 'TTT'. Blush

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Patty
Immortal

Sep 12 2007, 5:59pm

Post #6 of 15 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Now my collection will be complete. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been awaiting the full version of "The Ride of the Rohirrim." No mention of MSRP, I notice. As there are more discs, it's sure to have to cost more. I may have to put it on my Christmas list and hope some nice family member will shell out.

For Gondor!

(This post was edited by Patty on Sep 12 2007, 6:02pm)

namadriel
Lorien

Sep 12 2007, 9:49pm

Post #7 of 15 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Me too [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been waiting for all of them to come out. It would be great if they came out with a box set.

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 12 2007, 10:11pm

Post #8 of 15 (1591 views)
Shortcut
Hooray - looking forward to this one! [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be great to have all three complete soundtracks - this one goes high on my Christmas wish list! The extended soundtracks are just great for long car journeys... But I have to say I hope they DON'T release a box set. It always annoys me when I've already bought something and then they release a new version of it. As a ridiculous collector, I feel compelled to buy any new version - but I really don't need more than one! Reminds me of the Smiths song 'Paint a Vulgar Picture' - 'Slip them into different sleeves/Buy both and feel deceived...'

So I'm VERY excited to have all three EE soundtracks but hope they don't realise them in more than one format!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

elentari3018
Rohan

Sep 13 2007, 2:32am

Post #9 of 15 (1565 views)
Shortcut
i'm getting it on the day it's released or preordering ! [In reply to] Can't Post

like how i always get my LotR merchandise... it's minnnnee my ownnnn nMY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :D

SO GLAD FOR THIS NEWS!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 13 2007, 3:51am

Post #10 of 15 (1563 views)
Shortcut
I can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be hitting the store the day it's released!

Oh Moon, lovely moon, with thy beautiful face,
Careering throughout the boundaries of space,
Whenever I see thee, I think in my mind,
Shall I ever, oh ever, behold thy behind.

--Edmund Gosse's house maid

http://mallika.vox.com/

elentari3018
Rohan

Sep 13 2007, 4:41am

Post #11 of 15 (1545 views)
Shortcut
i'm right there with you! :D :D :D [In reply to] Can't Post

right there next to you on line ;) First thing in the morning. ;)

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

tiamy
Rivendell

Sep 13 2007, 5:55am

Post #12 of 15 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait to here more of the soundtrack! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wooohh! I can't wait to here the music after the lighting of the beacons scene.
Among thme is one of my favorite unreleased cue: when Theoden says "So, it is before the walls of Minas Tirith, the doom our time will be decided".
It's one of the best parts of the movie and the Rohan Theme is simply outstanding!

I'd also like to hear the full version of the Mumakil charge (although some of it appear in the Fan Club Credits in ROTK:EE), the arrival of the Eagles and the extended "The End of All Things" cue.

And of course, I can't wait to hear some more Gondorian music!

kareniel
Lorien

Sep 13 2007, 1:29pm

Post #13 of 15 (1554 views)
Shortcut
Yahooooooooooooooo! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll probably get mine from Santa. Can't wait!

I love this time of year! It always brings new announcements about upcoming LOTR releases - films, CD's. Mayhap it will bring an announcement about a couple of new films we're all waiting for?

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 14 2007, 3:38am

Post #14 of 15 (1564 views)
Shortcut
That's it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Now i can get all the way to Atlanta with Howard Shore at the helmSmile....almostLaugh.
This is righteous, to complete the set of sets.....Is there an electric gizmo that can take 9cd's (looks over at old 8track still taking up room). Yea, that'll work.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of ManwŰ let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of ManwŰ S˙limo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 14 2007, 1:05pm

Post #15 of 15 (1534 views)
Shortcut
Yeah! Get an iPod! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can get an adapter that will play the iPod through the car speakers.

(Although I don't think the adapter comes in an 8-track version...) Laugh

Oh Moon, lovely moon, with thy beautiful face,
Careering throughout the boundaries of space,
Whenever I see thee, I think in my mind,
Shall I ever, oh ever, behold thy behind.

--Edmund Gosse's house maid

http://mallika.vox.com/

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.