The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Aragorn and Legolas vs. Robin Hood and Little John

Rána Baggins
The Shire

Oct 11 2011, 11:56pm

Post #1 of 11 (983 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn and Legolas vs. Robin Hood and Little John Can't Post

Who do you think would win? I think this would be a toughy for me, but seeing as how I'm a Fanatical LotR fan, I have to go with Aragorn and Legolas. Here are my reasons:

1) I think Legolas is better - I mean, did you ever see Robin Hood jump on and defeat an elephant? Or defeat a Cave Troll? Does he have fantastic pointy ears?

2) Aragorn would probably win if he had to fight Little John with swords.

3) LotR is just so much better!!! Tongue

http://happyinmyhobbithole.weebly.com/uploads/6/8/5/9/6859773/9451637.jpg?650

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility is being superior to your former self."
-Elijah Wood

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Oct 12 2011, 1:49am

Post #2 of 11 (722 views)
Shortcut
so many different versions of Robin Hood/Little John [In reply to] Can't Post

as a LOTR fan I agree with you, Aragorn and Legolas FTW.

However, I just want to point out that the BBC version of Robin Hood in 2007 was a really good shot with the bow, even for a Robin Hood. He was at least as good (if not better) than Legolas. I think that version of the character was inspired by movie-Legolas, or was written to out-do Legolas, but that's just me. That version of Robin Hood, I could see him doing all the stunts that Legolas did in the movies. (no pointy ears though).

However, Legolas has Aragorn with him. I think those two together still beat the Robin Hood and Little John team, even the 2007 version. The 2007 BBC Little John was a bit weepy and maudlin for my taste, even though he was as strong as a Little John is supposed to be. He reminded me of a large Gimli but replace the humorous lines with a chronically sad expression (because he's got a sad backstory, you see). Mere strength alone isn't enough to be a match for Aragorn, who was an all around badass who could slay a Boss Uruk Hai singlehandedly.

"That doesn't make much sense to me. But then again, you are quite small. Perhaps you're right."

Wraith Buster
Gondor

Oct 16 2011, 4:08am

Post #3 of 11 (700 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn and Legolas all the way// [In reply to] Can't Post

Pedich Edhellen? Lau? Hria cuilë.

End of line.

Rána Baggins
The Shire

Oct 16 2011, 9:43pm

Post #4 of 11 (670 views)
Shortcut
Ditto! [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, I think I know what part of that means:

1) Lau - no?
2) Hria Cuile - Get a life? Or is that go jump in Mount Doom?

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility is being superior to your former self."
-Elijah Wood

Patty
Immortal

Oct 17 2011, 9:50pm

Post #5 of 11 (641 views)
Shortcut
I'll go with Aragorn and Legolas, but I have to say... [In reply to] Can't Post

this is a very creative poll.

I'm mostly going with our LotR guys because I don't think Little John can hold up his end against Legolas. Aragorn and Robin Hood will be more competition for each other.Crazy

Permanent address: Into the West

Wraith Buster
Gondor

Oct 18 2011, 3:11am

Post #6 of 11 (617 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

It says "do you speak Elvish? No? Get a life." Tongue. I don't speak elvish....Sly

Pedich Edhellen? Lau? Hria cuilë.

End of line.

(This post was edited by Wraith Buster on Oct 18 2011, 3:12am)

Rána Baggins
The Shire

Oct 18 2011, 8:41pm

Post #7 of 11 (627 views)
Shortcut
Ah! I have Been Enlightened! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the translation! I don't speak Elvish m wish i did, but I do have a life - an incredibly busy one!!! Tongue

And yes, I think there would be more competition between Aragorn and Robin Hood than Legolas and Little John! What about Robin against Legolas?

-Elijah Wood

Chopsta123
Gondor

Oct 19 2011, 12:01am

Post #8 of 11 (618 views)
Shortcut
Legolas > Robin Hood [In reply to] Can't Post

It depends on the terrain but if were talking long-range battle in the woods, Legolas would have fired 10 arrows before Robin knew what hit him.
In melee-combat it would be a closer battle.

The videoblog is never late. Nor is it early.
It arrives precisely when it means to.

Rána Baggins
The Shire

Oct 19 2011, 12:05am

Post #9 of 11 (595 views)
Shortcut
I agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes! I agree! I think Elves are cooler than humans, and better at nearly everything! Tongue

Now, how about Aragorn and Little John?

-Elijah Wood

Donry
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2011, 1:48am

Post #10 of 11 (729 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn and Legolas.... [In reply to] Can't Post

All the way...not even close.

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jan 7 2014, 3:50pm

Post #11 of 11 (372 views)
Shortcut
A & L [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.