Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
The Road to DragonCon Goes through Salt Lake City Tonight!

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Aug 30 2011, 9:47pm

Post #1 of 9 (2140 views)
Shortcut
The Road to DragonCon Goes through Salt Lake City Tonight! Can't Post

TheOneRing.net, with major sponsor The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, will arrive in Salt Lake City Utah tonight (8/30/11) for a quick stop at the Bay Leaf Cafe and a visit to Badali Jewelry to witness the forging of a Gold The One Ring replica! Join us at the Bay Leaf Cafe (159 South Main Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111) at 11:30pm and hang out with Cliff, Justin, Grimlock and Larry! If you have not been following the news, we are on a multi-day road trip to DragonCon and, for the first time ever, broadcasting the entire trip 24/7 LIVE via Stickam.com. You can interact with the travelers in our Barliman's chat, as well through twitter and Facebook. And of course, you can email them at roadtrip@theonering.net. We have a special sub site set up to follow their progress - just follow the link. [LIVE] And don't' forget to support our sponsors: The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Badali Jewelry and Anglotopia! [Roadtrip to DragonCon Sub Site] [Support the Trip - T-Shirts]

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Aug 31 2011, 12:28pm)

RosieLass
Valinor

Aug 31 2011, 8:26pm

Post #2 of 9 (938 views)
Shortcut
Any word yet on when and where in Denver they'll be tonight? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've heard rumors about the Buckhorn Exchange, but I can't find confirmation anywhere.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 31 2011, 10:35pm

Post #3 of 9 (935 views)
Shortcut
You can chat with the roadies live [In reply to] Can't Post

Follow this link and either open a live chat, or call them. I think I heard about 11 pm tonight, but can't remember where.

http://www.theonering.net/live/

How fun to be able to meet up with the Fandalf-ers live!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 31 2011, 10:39pm

Post #4 of 9 (950 views)
Shortcut
Just saw this on Facebook [In reply to] Can't Post

DENVER: come to Wynkoop Brewing tonight 7pm!

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 1 2011, 12:12am

Post #5 of 9 (924 views)
Shortcut
Yep, I finally saw that, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bummer. I've been downtown all day and don't particularly want to turn around and go right back. And two hours is just too long to sit down there cooling my heels waiting. :(

Especially when I'm feeling kind of bleah anyway.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

(This post was edited by RosieLass on Sep 1 2011, 12:14am)

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 1 2011, 3:14pm

Post #6 of 9 (1730 views)
Shortcut
Dragon Con group in Denver (re-post) [In reply to] Can't Post

TheOneRing.net, with major sponsor The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, will arrive in Denver, Co tonight (8/31/11). After a day spent touring Gandalf around Moab, UT and driving through the rugged mountain scenery of Colorado our Fellowship of drivers are looking to rejuvenate with new friends in Denver. The festivities will begin at approximately 7pm at the Wynkoop Brewing Company after a full day of LIVE streaming madness and banter. The day on the road was spent with trivia contests, overcoming technical challenges to hook up the new on-the-road phone (970-210-6130) and learning from fellow fans that they really are watching the LIVE broadcast. The nighttime drive will see us through Kansas and into Missouri and onward to Atlanta and DragonCon! As usual, you can follow the entire LIVE road trip at theonering.net/live and contact us via barliman's chat, roadtrip@theonering.net and our phone! And don't' forget to support our sponsors: The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Badali Jewelry and Anglotopia! [Roadtrip to DragonCon Sub Site] [Support the Trip - T-Shirts]

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 1 2011, 3:15pm

Post #7 of 9 (1636 views)
Shortcut
Call Dragon Con group live!! (re-post) [In reply to] Can't Post

You asked...and we delivered! We now have a phone available to call or text LIVE from our Road Trip to DragonCon! If you want to call and talk Tolkien, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, etc - just call or text us at 1-970-210-6130. Text fees may apply if you don't have one of those great unlimited plans. So if it does cost to text - just call! We'd love to hear from you! [Road to DragonCon] [Swag]

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 2 2011, 3:19pm

Post #8 of 9 (2996 views)
Shortcut
Watch our DragonCon Hobbit Panel LIVE! 1pm ET/10am PT (re-post) [In reply to] Can't Post

Our fellowship of travelers have made it Atlanta, GA and as you can see by the black screen on the feed, they are sleeping soundly, catching a few winks before the madness of DragonCon begins! We have a few exciting events taking place on our LIVE stream today. First, you can tune in LIVE as we present the latest news and information about The Hobbit Movies at our panel presentation. Like the one from Comic-Con, we will LIVE stream the entire panel, including any questions and audience participation. The panel begins at 1pm ET/10am PT and you can view it all in our TheOneRing.net LIVE section. [Here] The second scheduled event on our LIVE feed is the ever popular Evening at Bree! That will start at 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT and feature our good friends Emerald Rose performing with lots of fun and frivolity! And of course, today is the anniversary of JRR Tolkien's passing, so we'll take some time to honor the Professor. We will most likely be streaming other events during the day, so we encourage you to stay tuned and participate in the LIVE stream area. [TheOneRing.net LIVE] [DragonCon.org]

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 9 2011, 1:15pm

Post #9 of 9 (1063 views)
Shortcut
Dragon Con 2011 Wrap up! (re-post) [In reply to] Can't Post

ATLANTA — DragonCon 2011 marks the 11th year of involvement with the Atlanta based convention, where it has grown dramatically and yet remains true to its fan-based roots. (We dug up the earliest reports we could find, well worth a look here and featuring Karl Urban, Corvar and Calisuri.)

But this DragonCon had significant differences as well. With an over 2,500 mile journey from Los Angeles to Atlanta sponsored by War In The North, this convention featured the Fellowship of Drivers on The Road to DragonCon. They not only went there but back again with the help of Badali Jewelry and Anglotopia.net.

And on content partner Stickam.com, TORn was the most watched event for the week and the month. A special thanks to those who supported the trip with personal meetings, donations, texts, phone calls and other help.

The journey helped promote the forthcoming video game but it also served as a chance to get one of the Gandalf World Tour statues to Europe. (A story coming soon!)

TheOneRing also presented two panels on the two forthcoming Hobbit movies but because the first one was standing-room only, a third was added to accommodate more attendees. Presented by TORn staffers Deej, Greendragon,
MrCere and Quickbeam, the panels took a look at what is known and then speculated about the structure, division and tone of the films. Three of the staffers also attended a further panel discussing putting the works of J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis on the big screen.

Tolkien programming ran around the clock as part of the Tolkien Track, giving Tolkienites plenty of content in a packed weekend. In a late surprise, Sylvester McCoy was announced as a guest and although he was part of the British Track of programming, he talked briefly about his role in The Hobbit and even suffered a question from the TORn staff. And we promise a full write up with more pictures soon!

Make your plans for next year as it will be like Christmas Eve before the Hobbit movies arrive the following December.

TORn Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.