Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thorin and Company - Full Body Rendering

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jul 18 2011, 3:09pm

Post #1 of 17 (2773 views)
Shortcut
Thorin and Company - Full Body Rendering Can't Post

Ringer Lotroel has just now sent us an update to his already impressive Photoshop compilation of all the dwarves in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit. You'll notice in this pic, Lotroel has speculated a full body rendition of Thorin in the middle of the image. Looks pretty darn good to us! Click on the image above for a large version. And don't forget to surf around our Hobbit section to learn more about each actor, character and more! [Hobbit Section]

aifeme
Rivendell

Jul 18 2011, 8:58pm

Post #2 of 17 (990 views)
Shortcut
Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

The lower rest of Thorin looks sooo shopped...Almost like some figure from 90's games.

Bladerunner
Gondor

Jul 18 2011, 9:00pm

Post #3 of 17 (888 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm, doesn't feel right.... [In reply to] Can't Post

The bottom half appears incongruous with the top half of Thorin's image. While the top half conveys coiled intensity, the bottom half conveys a relaxed casual posture (taken from Gloin's pose). Additionally, the black is bolder on the original image and a little drabber in the bottom part. I'd almost prefer to wait for actual images from the production.

Howver, I applaud the imaginativeness and resourcefulness shown while additional official promotional images can be provided.

aifeme
Rivendell

Jul 18 2011, 9:05pm

Post #4 of 17 (773 views)
Shortcut
Why?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't understand why professionals promote their thing in such a lame way...

Rufus
Bree

Jul 18 2011, 9:08pm

Post #5 of 17 (856 views)
Shortcut
wowaren't we critical [In reply to] Can't Post

I think as an image to show us what he would belike stood next to the others it is good.

Dwimbruk
The Shire

Jul 18 2011, 9:11pm

Post #6 of 17 (775 views)
Shortcut
Clever, but not quite right... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin: so we've got... Gloin's bottom half flipped round with some sort of shiny stuff on the border of the tunic, plus Oin's belt :p

It's cleverly done, but as Blade says, his position is wrong i.e. his right knee should be bent as if he's swinging his sword towards us.

I would also imagine Thorin will have some mail bottom half...

Fun to have him there with all the others though :)

sushiking
The Shire

Jul 18 2011, 9:22pm

Post #7 of 17 (777 views)
Shortcut
Haha, it's funny because... [In reply to] Can't Post

Oin is about to smack Dwalin on the top of his head. And Dori is stabbing Thorin while Thorin is elbowing Balin in the face xD

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jul 18 2011, 9:26pm

Post #8 of 17 (707 views)
Shortcut
looks pretty good... [In reply to] Can't Post

obviously pieced together but still looks pretty good-- good enough to get us through till an official full photo of thorin is released.

Sharky
Bree

Jul 18 2011, 9:45pm

Post #9 of 17 (704 views)
Shortcut
Is it just me... [In reply to] Can't Post

...or does (fellow countryman) James Nesbitt look a bit like George Harrison? Sly

And here we find you, feasting and... smoking!

dwarf_girl
The Shire

Jul 18 2011, 9:47pm

Post #10 of 17 (767 views)
Shortcut
He does not look proportioned, unlike the other dwarfs. [In reply to] Can't Post

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Jul 18 2011, 10:25pm

Post #11 of 17 (642 views)
Shortcut
As good as it could be [In reply to] Can't Post

without a real full body Thorin. Thanks though! Wink

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

priell3
Lorien

Jul 18 2011, 11:24pm

Post #12 of 17 (563 views)
Shortcut
Thank you... [In reply to] Can't Post

...for your time, effort and talent to assemble this panorama of dwarves.

The use of bits and pieces from others for Thorin is quite clever.

MikeP

mulubinba
Rivendell

Jul 18 2011, 11:43pm

Post #13 of 17 (546 views)
Shortcut
yes!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou for taking the time to do this for us. Smile

nenyacaster
Bree

Jul 19 2011, 1:42am

Post #14 of 17 (503 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

It's quite a crowd, isn't it? Seeing them all, it makes sense they weren't able to discreetly make their way to the Lonely Mountain.

angelocrator

Jul 19 2011, 9:08am

Post #15 of 17 (441 views)
Shortcut
Shoop [In reply to] Can't Post

Clearly photoshopped. The lower half ist quite blurry.

Lots of photoshopping goin on anyway. Hair, weapons, feet etc.

And finger-prosthetics everywhere.

Bullroarer
Bree

Aug 2 2011, 11:01am

Post #16 of 17 (231 views)
Shortcut
IT'S A DWARF FRANKENSTEIN! [In reply to] Can't Post

Rofl, its a dwarf frankenstein, it's Thoingloin XD. Nice attempt but the photoshopping is really obvious and Thorin is out of focus.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us- Gandalf to Frodo

Bullroarer
Bree

Aug 2 2011, 11:14am

Post #17 of 17 (249 views)
Shortcut
Armoured up and ready for action! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love how weta have armoured them up and given them those badass weapons intsead of they way the books describe them in which only thorin, gandalf and bilbo are the ones who carry weapons throughout the entire story, I just can't wait for the battle of five armies, i can only imagine what there going to look like then ( I hope Gloin where's gimli's armour and weilds his double bladed axe)

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us- Gandalf to Frodo

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.