Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit in 5 - NZ Needs Help, Dwarf Beards, and Bombur

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Feb 25 2011, 8:18am

Post #1 of 11 (1448 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit in 5 - NZ Needs Help, Dwarf Beards, and Bombur Can't Post

In this epidode of Hobbit in 5 we take a look at ways you can help New Zealand post earthquake, Aidan Turner, dwarf beards and more of those fanatic Hobbit character studies that you have grown to love.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 25 2011, 5:27pm

Post #2 of 11 (366 views)
Shortcut
Well done! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great job, Rebekah, in covering the earthquake information. It's so important for us to send donations. I saw that a specialized team has gone there from Los Angeles with their dogs. They're well-trained in earthquake recoveries, I'm afraid.

And great interview with Hunter/Bombur! I love it when a fan gets a chance to be IN the films! Most Excellent!

Finally, I like the idea of the dwarves being able to sport their own beards. There needs to be some differentiation that will easily distinguish each of the dwarves (other than their hoods ;) Although, if they do decide to go with beard/hair pieces, Weta has proven to make some butes!

Grow 'em if ya got 'em!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Feb 25 2011, 7:52pm

Post #3 of 11 (334 views)
Shortcut
Anybody watch the file all the way to the end? What a hoot!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Owain
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2011, 8:47pm

Post #4 of 11 (309 views)
Shortcut
Yeah the ending is nice!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Squashed_into_Jelly
Bree

Feb 25 2011, 9:06pm

Post #5 of 11 (325 views)
Shortcut
Bombur [In reply to] Can't Post

So I take it that Bombur will be the comic relief in this one.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2011, 9:27pm

Post #6 of 11 (299 views)
Shortcut
I think that is a fair assumption.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

galadriel
The Shire

Feb 25 2011, 11:36pm

Post #7 of 11 (304 views)
Shortcut
We love your Hobbit in 5 "movies"... [In reply to] Can't Post

Every week! So nicely done - you do a wonderful job, and we always look forward to them (and to the little surprises at the end!) - thank you! It is so sad about the earthquake... We have heard from the nice people at Stansborough (who made the fabric for the elven cloaks in LOTR)- we buy knitting yarn from them from time to time... they are safe and sound... We hope they will be involved again in either the elven clothes or the dwarf hoods in the Hobbit! Peter Jacksons crew is so marvelous in everything they do, from makeup to costumes ... We can't wait to see what they do about the beards - hope they're as described by Tolkien!

galadriel

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Feb 26 2011, 12:00am

Post #8 of 11 (291 views)
Shortcut
I had missed that, thanks for pointing it out [In reply to] Can't Post

That was hilarious!

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

www.arda-reconstructed.com

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Feb 26 2011, 12:09am

Post #9 of 11 (277 views)
Shortcut
LOL! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

peleowyn
Rivendell

Feb 26 2011, 12:18am

Post #10 of 11 (284 views)
Shortcut
Love your "Hobbit in 5"! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your weekly videos are such a nice "end of the week treat" - and we always enjoy the "second endings"! Thanks! It's so nice to see everyone chipping in to help those who have been hurt by the middle-earthquake ... as to the dwarf beards, I hope they are able to do them a little more naturally than they had to, say for Gimli in LOTR (though he looked the perfect dwarf!!) ... it just might be a nice change, and help each dwarf look more unique?

"Look! There is light, and beauty up there, that no Shadow can touch!"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 26 2011, 3:37pm

Post #11 of 11 (321 views)
Shortcut
Always! [In reply to] Can't Post

SO FUN!

I also sit through the credits at the movies! You never know....

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.