Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Beorn to be featured in both movies, Persbrandt reveals:
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 25 2011, 8:12am

Post #1 of 48 (2702 views)
Shortcut
Beorn to be featured in both movies, Persbrandt reveals: Can't Post

Now we know that the film won't end before the company meets up with Beorn, that is for sure now, after Mikael Persbrandt revealed some info today in an interview (and that he is a Tolkien fan! Isnt that great? Cool)

(rough translation)

[..] Peter Jackson's The Hobbit, where he plays Beorn, who has the ability of transforming himself into a bear. It was revealed that Tolkien was a childhood hero for Persbrandt.

"I read all the books. I went to second-hand bookshops searching for the first Bilbo-books (The Hobbit) - I was a fantasy geek. Jackson's Tolkien-movies are absolutely magnificent. He's the man. The whole project will be so exciting. It is about 700 people in the crew, I am to stand in a corner and try to be pliable.

[Interviewer]: Persbrandt compares his role in The Hobbit to his first job as an extra for Ingemar Bergman, and the performance anxiety that occurs.

"I think I share that sense with many of the people in my profession, we never allow ourselves to be truly happy - instead, we begin thinking about the impacts. How am I as a bear? One start thinking about stuff like that instead of thinking that this could be damn fun"

"I will play in both movies and will be there (NZ) five times this year and at least one more time next year. I am contracted for 25-28 days of shooting but it would not surprise me if it turned out to be more. I have only read 5 pages of the script, it was top secret, they sent somebody to a hotel in Los Angeles and I got to sign them: "Now they are yours. Bye", he said. I am currently waiting for my call, but it can not be delayed too much since the filming for "Hamilton" begins soon (March 21, in Sweden)."

[Interviewer]: What would you have said if you knew back then as a 12-year-old if you knew that you would one day play Beorn?

"Incredibly strange. I was never going to be an actor, I liked contructing buildings in balsa wood and wanted to become an astronaut, and it turned out like this.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

(This post was edited by macfalk on Feb 25 2011, 8:20am)

maut
Rivendell

Feb 25 2011, 9:24am

Post #2 of 48 (935 views)
Shortcut
Not so sure [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Now we know that the film won't end before the company meets up with Beorn, that is for sure now, after Mikael Persbrandt revealed some info today in an interview

Beorn also apperas at Battple of Five Armies, so... he is in Film2 anyway....

Far over the misty mountains cold

To dungeons deep and caverns old

We must away ere break of day

To seek the pale enchanted gold.

DeadRabbits
Lorien

Feb 25 2011, 10:00am

Post #3 of 48 (894 views)
Shortcut
I don't get your point [In reply to] Can't Post

He said that he will be featured in both movies, which means that the first movie won't end before Bilbo & co's meeting with him.

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

Patty
Immortal

Feb 25 2011, 10:47am

Post #4 of 48 (826 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for this info, macfalk. And your deduction sounds spot on. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 25 2011, 2:38pm

Post #5 of 48 (757 views)
Shortcut
Here is a part of it on video [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.tv4play.se/...&videoid=1275848

(This post was edited by macfalk on Feb 25 2011, 2:46pm)

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Feb 25 2011, 2:53pm

Post #6 of 48 (702 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, MacFalk! // [In reply to] Can't Post

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

www.arda-reconstructed.com

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 25 2011, 3:12pm

Post #7 of 48 (691 views)
Shortcut
No probs: [In reply to] Can't Post

By the way, is my vid watchable for the non-Swedes? I can upload it to youtube if someone if it doesn't work.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Feb 25 2011, 3:48pm

Post #8 of 48 (701 views)
Shortcut
So happy he is a fan! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thanks for posting this.SmileSmile

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Feb 25 2011, 4:11pm

Post #9 of 48 (728 views)
Shortcut
And as a complete aside [In reply to] Can't Post

I've always wondered: can German speakers and Swedish (and Danish and Norwegian) understand a fair amount of each other's languages?

Carne
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2011, 4:23pm

Post #10 of 48 (710 views)
Shortcut
Sort of [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a Norwegian, and I can easily understand 95% of what a Swede and Dane says (even easier to read). German is a tad harder to hear, but I can understand some of it if written down, as many words are similar to Norwegian/Swedish/Danish.

(This post was edited by Carne on Feb 25 2011, 4:25pm)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Feb 25 2011, 4:29pm

Post #11 of 48 (688 views)
Shortcut
Yes--I was just curious because in the video [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I understood a word or two, although I only had 1 year of German (and none of Swedish!).

Thanks!SmileSmile

B.R.n
The Shire

Feb 25 2011, 4:32pm

Post #12 of 48 (699 views)
Shortcut
Film 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Then film 2 will begin as the Company enters Mirkwood.kewl

acheron
Gondor

Feb 25 2011, 4:34pm

Post #13 of 48 (711 views)
Shortcut
German and Dutch are closer than German and Swedish [In reply to] Can't Post

Norwegian and Swedish and Danish are all closely related (Icelandic is there too but a little bit more distant).

German and Dutch are pretty close to each other, as is English, at least historically. (Old English more than modern, due to the injection of French provided by the Normans.) I know a bit of German, and I wouldn't say that I can "understand" or "read" Dutch, but it's definitely recognizable (in some ways a combination of German and English actually). For the most part I would not say the 'north Germanic' languages like Swedish are especially recognizable, but I imagine if I were actually fluent in German I might get a bit of it, as Carne says for going the other way.

There's a ton about them at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_languages if anyone is interested.

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Owain
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2011, 4:42pm

Post #14 of 48 (649 views)
Shortcut
Seem's like a really cool guy, and a great choice for Beorn.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Oden
Rivendell

Feb 25 2011, 5:09pm

Post #15 of 48 (684 views)
Shortcut
I am probably most excited to see Beorn in the movies. [In reply to] Can't Post

Beorn for some reason has always been one of my favorite characters in The Hobbit. I am not certain if it is his skin changing, his home, his animals or the fact that he lives off bread, honey and mead (as a man at least partially).

I will admit that still to this day, anytime I eat honey (which I do as often as I can!) I still think of Beorn's meadows of beehives and I can almost hear the humming of large honey bee wings.

Can't wait to see Beorn in the movies!

duats
Grey Havens

Feb 25 2011, 5:47pm

Post #16 of 48 (652 views)
Shortcut
For me [In reply to] Can't Post

The appeal of Beorn's character is simple.

Giant bear + Middle-earth = Instant win.

maut
Rivendell

Feb 25 2011, 6:15pm

Post #17 of 48 (648 views)
Shortcut
Sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

I was mistaken in a way.

maut
Rivendell

Feb 25 2011, 6:19pm

Post #18 of 48 (677 views)
Shortcut
Am I correct [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I am currently waiting for my call, but it can not be delayed too much since the filming for "Hamilton" begins soon (March 21, in Sweden)."

suggesting he is not availiable for the first days of shooting? As We know, March 21 will be the first shooting day and here it is said that he will be acting in some Swedish movie. Eh?

Hermoor
The Shire

Feb 25 2011, 7:14pm

Post #19 of 48 (624 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

After he starting to work out for that movie hamilton he sure seems much more on edge. Seems much happier :) He needs to tone down that excitement before he goes into the role of the bear.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 25 2011, 7:51pm

Post #20 of 48 (629 views)
Shortcut
As an aside, [In reply to] Can't Post

a Dutch and a South African friends of mine were talking about how much easier it was for my Dutch friend to understand Afrikaans than for my SA friend to understand Dutch, to which Mr Dutch said, "That's because Afrikaans is LOL-Dutch."

:D

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2011, 7:55pm

Post #21 of 48 (598 views)
Shortcut
Those are some fine piercing ice blue eyes. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just saying.

Hermoor
The Shire

Feb 25 2011, 7:56pm

Post #22 of 48 (606 views)
Shortcut
A collection of videos... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are some videos I found of him on youtube that are kind of interesting.

Bear like behaviour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfLNIFslSxs

Bear stare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sKpo4aBTQg

And here is a photoshopped image of Mikael as beorn. You get a pretty good view on what he would look like as Beorn watching these videos and the image.

Btw image was made by me and I do take requests via pm.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Feb 25 2011, 7:56pm

Post #23 of 48 (592 views)
Shortcut
Not necessarily, but what made you think that?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

carrioncrow
Lorien

Feb 25 2011, 8:38pm

Post #24 of 48 (576 views)
Shortcut
i never thought otherwise [In reply to] Can't Post

It is hard to envision a adaptation that would not end up with Beorn in both halves.

It would be perhaps more likely (as with Rankin Bass) that he'd be cut entirely. I'm glad (but not surprised) that they haven't made that same stinging cut.

I am looking forward to Beorn and this is my favorite casting choice so far (except for that goat and I assume I'll be seeing him in Beorn's lodge too!!)

B.R.n
The Shire

Feb 25 2011, 9:05pm

Post #25 of 48 (567 views)
Shortcut
duh [In reply to] Can't Post

The fact that I've seen the scripts

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.